Tomatoes

I have over 15 lbs of overripe tomatoes for spaghetti sauce. how do I make a god tier sauce.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jc8tKFX2mfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what is an lbs?

GO SEAHAWKS

Saute some finely chopped onions in a few tbsp of olive oil, mix the tomatoes in and mash them up and reduce them. Put a bayleaf in for 20 minutes when it's simmering then take it out. Add some fresh thyme too and take it out with the bayleaf.

Consider adding a Knorr™ Stock pot™

Cut an X in each one and toss it into boiling water for 30s to a minute. Land them in icewater and peel the skins off.

Brown 2 lbs of onions and equal part pork with bones. Some would caramelize the onions fully, others wouldn't. Keep going until they're as brown as you like. Add the tomatoes and crush as you stir.

Cook the shit out of it on fairly low heat until the tomatoes break down and thicken up. Season with fresh herbs and salt/pepper.

Don't expect this to happen within less than like 6 hrs. You really have a lot of liquid to cook down in those fresh maters.

If they're american grown tomatoes, just give up already
Nothing grown in that radioactive monsanto saturated country is fit for human consumption

This is about as basic of a bolognese style sauce that you can get in a four to six hour period. The real shit has about ten more steps and four more hours. Real deal pasta sauce is a long form art, OP. I suggest researching.

>niners fan

You can start by choking on them, you pathetic piece of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jc8tKFX2mfU

looking good already
too bad chargers are a shit team to start with at all times

Obsessed

Well, now you need like 5 lbs of onion, a few heads of garlic, and lots of red wine

Pizza Sauce:

- Process into Tomato Puree

- 1 cup Water
Herbs :
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Sage
- 1/2 TSP Marjoram ( if not available, add 1/8 Tsp Oregano )
- 1/2 Tsp Basil
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- 1 TBPS Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne pepper

- 1 TBSP Olive Oil

Keep stirring and reduce till you get thick sauce like consistency.

Here is an easy rustic one ey
15lb tomatoes
6lb minced beef shin
2lb carrot
2lb onion
2lb celery
Beef marrow butter
1l rich veal stock
Bay leaves, marjoram, thyme

Blanch the toms a la
(Alternatively pass through a sieve or ricer)
Cook off the beef in a little marrow butter
Brunoise the mirepoix (carrot, onion, celery), and cook on medium in the marrow/fat with the herbs for 10 minutes, or until softened nicely and beginning to colour
Add the termatters, beef, and start to cook down. This is the hard part as they will go bitter or tart depending on intensity and duration of cooking down. You want something just below a simmer, but this varies according to eventual use, types of tom, and other shi. Make sure to stir at least every ten minutes, as any catching can completely fugg your sauce
After about two hours, start to add the veal stock. I like to infuse the bay leaves for an hour or two in the stock before adding, but you can just add to the sauce at this point
The use of marrow and shin meat should contribute to the thickening action through gelatine, without detriment or loss of the flavour. This is desirable because of the possible pitfalls of slow cooking maters as described above, and as a result doesn't require the inclusion of sweet red wine or caster sugar to balance.
I have used the above recipe as a base sauce to good success. Can be modified with minimal effort for soup base and other shi

I mean, I get this is a joke, but 6 lbs brunoise mirepoix for an "easy rustic" sauce is a little silly, no?

I hope you like pealing and seeding

Apparently in 'Murica, you are supposed to use an insane amount of Sugar in your pasta sauces.....so fucking gross

This, but roast your tomatoes and add a spot of sugar, if needed. If too sweet, add vinegar to balance.

Amerilards only do that when they use shitty tomatoes like the typical canned tomatoes on a grocery shelf or the produce section. There's a fair percentage that use home garden grown, fresh picked home canned or San Marzano and don't add sugar.

>calling tomatoes "toms"
Why do Britbongs do this?

people in the midlands sometimes call them "starchy sams"

by "them" i mean potatoes

fuck