How to season popcorn

I like to eat like 2 bags of popcorn a day. How do I season it to make it bette without using butter/oils/sugar/salt?

saffron

The popcorn itself costs less than a quarter per pack. I'm not using $20 of spices to season it. Do you think Garlic Powder would improve the flavor?

Onion powder, and cayenne pepper.

No

Like...anything
>chocolate powder
>onion powder
>garlic powder
>red pepper flakes
>chili powder

As long as the popcorn is buttered, it will stick, so use what you like. Just don't use liquid or dressings.

I like putting this stuff in my popcorn and then either butter topping or actual melted butter.

I like salt and dried parsley.

Other good ones are a bit of hot sauce (whatever is your favorite other than Tabasco, which is too vinegary IMO); garlic powder; various other herbs you might use in baked bread; and matcha.

Butter, oil, and salt isn't bad for you. It's the popcorn itself which will make you fat and clog your arteries.

pickled jalapenos are a great topping. You also need some sort of oil for any seasoning you add to stick to it.

Popcorn itself has very low calories (1oz has 100 cal and 1 ounce is a lot of popcorn ) and only has 1.2g fat so how will that clog my arteries and make me fat.

I buy various generic spice mixes just for popcorn

This likely has some of the ingredients you mentioned, but if you're trying to be healthy then it's not bad for you at all.

Pour a side of it, then dip the popcorn in it before eating. It's surprisingly good and cheap.

Without some kind of oil no seadoning will stick to it.

Do you know any substitutes? Maybe egg whites? Or pour a little milk on them in a bowl and sprinkle cocoa on it?

That mix doesn't look too crazy to me

Spray some vinegar or hotsauce

vinegar doesent seem good with popcorn. is there a specific vinegar?

Apple cider or rice maybe. I don't think I can recommend too much vinegar on popcorn, by itself it doesn't sound all that good.

I know you were trying to stay away from oil, OP, but you might look into a oil sprayer/mister of some sort. It will let you use less, but still get spices to stick.

Pepper.

>Or pour a little milk on them in a bowl and sprinkle cocoa on it?

Actually, yes. In fact, popcorn's original usage was as a breakfast cereal -served with milk and a little sprinkle of sugar.

I dont intend to eat it like cereal though. I plan to pour a drizzle of milk and shake it all then pour cocoa on it. Do you think the milk will make cocoa stick?

He's probably making the point that grains are by and large an effective means of making a person fat. Fat itself isn't bad for you early man ate a bit of fat as a part of his diet. Grains are basically sugar because of how your body breaks down and utilizes the food. Fat doesn't cause heart disease, within reason, sugar however does. Big sugar has actually funded studies pinning heart disease on fat.

Paprika

Despair, this creates the anti-life equation.

Olestra and potassium salt

nutritional yeast. ur welcome

>two bags of Olestra popcorn a day
Jesus user, that's mean.

Dont go to Walmart after eating

Don't go anywhere after eating. Just sit down on the toilet and wait for the ride of a lifetime.

Why do you eat so much of it if you don't like the taste of it and are coming to us to find a way to make it taste better?

He probably thinks that it tastes like styrofoam? I don't know honestly. I figure if you feel that way just eat ricecakes.

But then why the fuck is he eating so much of it? He even says he "likes to" not that he's trying to for a diet or whatever.

>imagine being this flyover

I don't know man op, I feel like he abandoned us. With all these unanswerable questions.

Is flyover the Veeky Forums equivalent to kino?

>paprika
>garlic powder
>onion powder
>chili powder
>celery salt
Cajun popcorn.

Paprika, rosemary salt, cumin chilli and pepper, pepper, jaggery, onion powder.

vinegar or pickle juice

although I would add some salt for the vinegar

Nacho cheese

Ditch the seasoning and go with hot sauce or a garlic vinager or something.

You want it to taste good? It ain't gonna be healthy, son. This shit will make the best popcorn you ever had in your life, guaranteed.

flavacol sounds like medicine for fat people

OP, get a bottle of lime juice to sprinkle throughout the popcorn, then liberally apply cayenne and paprika. Toss in some onion powder and chili powder. You said without salt but you're some kind of moron if you think you can make good popcorn without salt. So add salt.

Cook sliced jalapenos in the oil in your popcorn pot before you add the corn. Wait till they're just turning brown on the edges, then add the kernels. Let them pop and the jalapenos will turn out crispy and perfect.

Lately I've taken some leftover andouille sausage I had, sliced it on the bias, browned it, and then sliced each piece lengthwise into four. Sausage slivers, heat these up and add on top.

Dried parsley is a stand by, add red pepper flakes if you want.

Lastly whatever you do make sure you slice up and brown 3+ cloves of garlic in your oil first. Strain them out, toss in salt, and set aside as your final topping. Nothing like garlic chips in your popcorn.

Pic related has sausage and garlic.

>the shit yer pants popcorn time LOL

Who said popcorn needs to taste like butter?

Heat the coconut oil, and add a pinch of salt and crack some black pepper in it before adding the kernels.
After it's done, just throw whatever the fuck kind of flavoring you want onto it. Bit of lime juice, maybe some fucking adobo, toss it around and you're set.