Have you ever tried a fresh fig Veeky Forums?

Have you ever tried a fresh fig Veeky Forums?

>WASPED

>tool's new album cover
that belongs in /mu/

Yes, my grandfather had a fig tree when I was growing up. Probably the best fruit I've ever had.

My Grandma has a fig tree. And a few avocado tress. No idea how she managed to grow either of them since practically every other plant dies in her yard

there were these people with a fig tree in their yard, and there was a branch that hung over the fence so I would pick figs off and eat them
then they pruned the branch hanging over the fence, and just that branch, so I couldn't get them anymore

you dont want branches touching fence or objects, that's where ants usually get on fruit trees from

We had a couple fig trees in my backyard growing up. My mom would make us try to eat them, but I hated the texture and the grainy sweetness.

I remember climbing up and hiding in the rough, low-slung branches, and the rough velvet leaves the trees have. They have a very distinct earthy smell that I'll never forget.

They're grade A material for being 13 and hiding on your roof with a bucket of them and pelting cars for hours, though.

Do you live in or near Philadelphia?

Figs are actually flowers. The more you know.

Yeah, I saw them and was like snap, that's going to be good.

It turns out they aren't. They're flowery and not very sweet.

Dried figs are goat, fresh figs are garnish.

Why don't they crawl up the trunk like every other buggo? Lazy nigger ants.

Yes. My girlfriends grandpa has a fig tree and I always get excited at the prospect of going over cause I get to devour those tasty fucks. I tried dried but they're shit in comparison.

No, this was in Houston

had some last week. tastes like a vaguely sweet pulpy syrup. probably better cooked.

If a fig were the size of a grapefruit I bet the insides would feel amazing on your dick

No they are not you mongol

do americans really eat this?

One more thing I can't eat.
Thanks, internet.

meh, I've problaby eaten worse things on the street.

Indeed I have. They're one of my favorite foods. They need to be ripe, though, or else they're just dry and tasteless.

1. Yes, they are. They're inverted flowers. Look it up.
2. Unless you meant to imply that is of the same nationality as Genghis Khan, I think you meant "mongoloid."
...You mongoloid.

I've been eating them everyday, I fucking love being home for summer.

Of course. Growing up, we had a whole row of fig trees along the back fence. On the property I own now, there's a fight tree that's over 100 years old.

Yes, they were expensive as hell and tasted like fucking nothing. I won't eat another ""fresh"" fig unless I move to an area where you can grow them.
I really enjoy dried figs for christmas though.

Yes, they're delicious

Y'all Mongolians, arguing on a Mongolian beatbox afficionados' forum.

For reference, you're all wrong. An unfertilized fig 'bud' is a section of swollen stem tissue with very basic single-ovary flowers on the inside surface. Once a fig wasp has torn herself apart crawling inside (seriously, most of them rip off some of their antenna, legs and wings squeezing inside the syconium), she fertilizes the flowers with pollen deposited on her body by a different fig at the opposite end of the fig wasp life cycle. She dies after laying her eggs, and her body is literally digested and incorporated by the fig. This is why figs produce the meat-tenderizing enzyme ficain, and also means every fig requires an animal to suffer and then die in order to develop its fruits, which is super fucking metal.
After pollination, the ovaries inside the syconium develop into individual fruits, and the syconium tissue itself develops into an accessory fruit, containing the individual fruits. imagine turning a mulberry fruit inside out; this is the structure of a fig. Meanwhile, the fig wasp larvae develop into mature wasps. Any male wasps proceed to rape their sisters while they're still immature, then burrow out of the fig and die. The matured females exit through these holes, covered in the pollen from the male flowers within the fig. They then go in search of another unfertilized fig to repeat the process.

Nature, I'm sure you'll agree, gives no fucks.

I consume the fig, some might call me a fignog

I've been eating fresh figs all my life and didn't know any of that aside from fig wasps going through that tiny hole, fucking shit that's incredible and gruesome

Baked figs are pretty nice.

The place I used to work at had a fig tree. I had never eaten a fresh one, so I didn't think much of it.
I saw the boss eating them from my window, so I opened it and asked him if they were good. He invited me out to try some, had about 3 or 4 with him. They were pretty good, strange though.

My family love the seasonal bread-mousen

This sounds like some fucktards guro vore fetish.
FUCK figs, and FUCK any figgot that eats them

I actually have a fig tree.

That pic is very cute and disgusting at the same time.

FIG IT

sure, grandma had a tree and now I have one in my back yard too.