Broodje haring

Reminder that Broodje Haring is one of the best foods on the planet, and people who don't want to eat it because "ew raw fish" are scum

Amerifag here, I've never heard of it. Can you describe its taste? It looks like a stupid hot dog.

What would you serve with it? When do you eat it? Is this a special holiday food or more a local delicacy like Aussies and pavlova or Norwegians and lutefisk?

not that guy but it's like a hotdog for murricans

Dutch expat living in Canada, glad I'm rid of the smell of raw herrung, only had it once but my senpai had it near daily, spako kibbeling not made from pollock is the master race fish stall snack.
Cant wait to feed that to my canuck gf when we go home next month.

It's a dutch street food, fairly cheap.
The herring is not pickled but brined, pickles are usually super thin, almost see-through, and onion is onion.
The taste is surprisingly mild for raw fish, the texture is super creamy because of the fish, reminds me of hollandaise sauce.

The crunchyness and sweet/sour taste of the fresh pickles and onion contrast the texture and mildly salty taste of the herring.

It's also fairly impossible to come by outside of the netherlands

kibbeling is fine but it's still heat treated fish, which i find pointless since it makes it all taste the same

How much for extra flag

Pickled herring is the best
t. dane

>eating herring with pickles, onion, in a bun
well I think it's about time to go to the rope store

to make a net and catch herrings,i'm sure

If you're going to eat them without pickles, onions and a bun, yeah sure.

have you actually ever tried brined herrings

Amerifag who has had it before here: it was delicious and the only people who don't like it are manchildren.

>9300000

Spako? Van wee bin jie er een?

I been living in the Netherlands for 7 years. I asked my Dutch wife about it once. She looked at me like I was mad for even suggesting it.

of course
get a divorce

Pickled herring =! fresh, brined herring. Not even close?

Must be some kind of translation issue here, I would call OPs pic raw, salted herring and the jar pickled/brined herring. Anyway I've had them both and often en like them a lot, just not a fan of eating raw herring with pickles an onions on a bun, masks the flavour of the fish too much for my taste.

Appears to be yes, i'm OP.
Brined means in a mixture of salt, water, and sometimes spices. Pickled is different.

Ah then, that's entirely a personal preference.
I was just referring to people who are so disgusted by the thought of raw fish that don't even want to try the thing

tried them wille travelling through amsterdam, it's fucking great

>the absolute state of snownigger food

Ive been eating a shitload of canned herring lately.
Looks good would eat

Broodje Haring is for plebs. If you want sour shit just eat it pickled. Pic related is the best way. Raw and deboned with raw onions sprinkled on top. Then to eat it you have to grab the tail, lower it into your mouth and bite. Sushi before sushi was even a thing.

The VOC wasn't interested in colonisation you mong