I HATE THAWING

I HATE THAWING
FUCK THAWING
THIS IS THE MOST UNENJOYABLE PART OF COOKING

I'm hungry at 7pm but then I have to wait till 10pm because those stupid chicken breasts aren't thawed yet and need 3 hours to defrost FUCK

Maybe plan ahead?

My mother would just start cooking it

This. If I'm going to be cooking something frozen I take it out of the freezer and stick it in the fridge a day or two before I will be using it.

>Thawing for 3 hours
>Chicken
>Not brining overnight
I'm vegan and even I know you're retarded

proper preparation prevents piss poor performance

Put whatever you want to thaw on an aluminium baking sheet, or on a stainless pan ( no heat). It must either be touching the surface or wrapped in plastic wrap

It'll drastically cut the thawing time. Your chicken breasts will be thawed in half an hour or less

Brah it doesn't take more than a half hour to thaw anything besides a whole bird

I like this, I'm stealing it.

>I'm a vegan

Not sayimg that you are missing out on delicious bacon, but you are missing out on delicious bacon.

Speaking as someone who has just eaten delicious bacon. Vegans are missing out on delicious bacon.

This is another use for an immersion circulator. Set it to room temp. The circulating water can thaw a whole chicken in 45 minutes.

Or you could not be a dipshit, wrap the chicken in plastic, put it in a bowl, and run a trickle of COLD water over it like someone who knows how to cook.

>THIS IS THE MOST UNENJOYABLE PART OF COOKING
no the most unejyable part of cooking is the stomach you get the next day theres a reson why the profesionals at the drivethru no how to make food safe with science and shit,

>DAE LE BACON XD

You need to go back

Eat shit and die.

your mother has got some cajones

>Eat shit
But I'm not vegan

>tell the new prep cook to thaw shrimp
>he uses hot water

Yeah but you're a fucking redditor

I'd rather eat a pack of cigarettes
Get bent, fatty

he said, while grazing on 10 lbs of raw kale for breakfast

Get's it done faster.
Man's a genius.
Give him a promotion.

>put meat in zip lock bag
>Fill sink or pan with hot water
>Put meat in ziplock bag in the pan

Thank me later OP.

Cigarettes aren't vegan, lol.

My guess is OP is black, because they lack insight into the future. For the negro all the matters is the here and now.

t. john sakars

thank you for what, the food poisoning?

I don't like bacon.

I always thought rapid thawing as dangerous. I just throw the meat in the fridge overnight.

There's nothing wrong with rapid thawing, so long as the food doesn't sit at an elevated temperature for too long a time.

If you use cold water to thaw then that's perfectly safe.

Using hot water is frowned upon because it's only a tiny bit faster than using cold water, but it could be unsafe if the food sits in the warm water for too long a time.

Every day is a school a day. Thanks for the info.

very true, you know your negro. Thanks for informing other whites that might not know better

> Plan meals a day or two in advance
> Thaw things ahead of time and keep in fridge

Hot water will also ruin the surface of the meat.

>Need to thaw chicken fillets
>Plop into a Saus Vide for an hour
>Sear and check if properly cooked while in the pan

I really don't notice the difference between doing this and thawing in cold water.

What is a microwave?

The other problem with rapid thawing is splashing water spreading around contaminated meat juice. Don't crank your faucet up to full blast.

I thaw using the microwave

Nigga if you're that fucking hungry just use the goddamn microwave

This.

Why would you ever splash around meat juice, fast or otherwise? You thaw foods inside sealed packaging. Contamination concerns aside, you never want your meat to be in direct contact with plain water, that will just mess up the texture.

>living the "how do you spot a vegan" stereotype this hard

>bacon
Of all the meats vegans are missing out on and you choose a tiny fatty overrated greasy strip of meat.
THIS is what vegans are fucking missing out on.

Quality > Quantity

Bacon is only overrated if you don't know how to cook. The reason why it's so awesome is because of how versatile it is. Yeah, you can fry bacon and eat it like that. But that's ignoring:
-using the rendered fat for cooking other foods, making roux, etc.
-using the bacon to add fat to leaner meats, like bacon-wrapping filet steaks or barding a roast.

Nothing overrated about bacon.

>You thaw foods inside sealed packaging
Sure that would be ideal. But not everyone vacuum seals their meat after purchase. Most people just chuck it straight into the freezer. A lot of grocery stores well their meat saran wrapped in styrofoam containers. That shit leaks.

Then put it in a ziploc bag. It's beyond stupid to thaw meat that's not in a sealed container using water.

This is a legitimate question, I'm retarded. If you open a thing of bacon and don't cook all of it, what do you do with the rest to keep it from going bad

Put your frozen items on an aluminum or stainless steal pan and they will thaw much more quickly

seal it and either
>put in freezer immediately
>put in fridge and cook over the next 1 or 2 days

My family has been doing this since I can remember. I do it all the time with my frozen meats. Get the water as hot as you can from your faucet and let the chicken sit in it for an hour. Insanely fast defrost time without harming the chicken or your health. You guys probably have a better chance of getting salmonella from the co/ck/s that you suck then rapid defrost.

defrost them earlier in the day, or microwave/boil the fucks if you're lazy or forgetful. it's not hard.

Would a convection oven just cook frozen meat without having to defrost?

Just move it to the fridge the day before you want to cook it.

Running raw chicken under cold water sorta helps if you're short on time.

>If you open a thing of bacon
it's called a pig dipshit

It would eventually but I wouldn't recommend doing that.

>triggered vegans
You need to eat a bit of meat every now and then. It will help with the anger issues.

I got a new microwave that has inverter technology so it defrost more better.
Get On My Level!

>le bacon meme

Literally the most overrated food out there desu

Sorry I don't suck dripping cock like you and your dad do in the back alleyway with Big Bob Jamal you fucking faggot

>ITT
You: i like bacon
Me: you don't belong because you like bacon
Amirite bois. Reeeeeeeeee

GET THE FUCK OUT REEEEEEEEE