Food Lion

What was the thought process behind this name? I'm so confused.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_Lion
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>what do we sell?
food
>what's the best animal?
lion

I would totally shop there

Eh, they're okay. Food Lions are one step above poorfag-tier.

Idk but that's an aestheticc logo

only seen food Lion in flyover land upstate NY a long time ago

i don't know but they have good prices and I buy stuff there

lion is a great animal. hard to say which animal is best though.

They're all over North Carolina.

>food ape
>food camel
>food rabbit
nah food lion is pretty much the best

Mountain Lion?
Dude thats beyond stupid.

They used to be called Food Town and either got bought out and renamed or had to be renamed because of ownership of the name or something like that. This was in the 80s

y

So because of all that they decided to name themselves Food Lion?

They could've been like Food Bear, or Food Tiger, or maybe even Food Wolf. These sound way cooler.

Yes! Just fuckin whacky huh?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_Lion

>The name change, while puzzling for American customers, made economic and historic sense

... I guess

you were crose

because lions like to eat and when you go there you wanna eat like a lion so you shop more.

Food sloth sounds comfy and tad bit cheeky to me.

>food sea cucumber
>food roach
>food bobbit worm
Yeah, they just don't roll of the tongue like lion.

Lion sounds like "line" in Southern Drawl. I always assumed they meant Food Line, but some Yankee misheard the PR guy.

Piggy Wiggly is a way better po' folk supermarket, anyhow. I'm sticking (with) the pig.

Piggly Wiggly is another awful name.

Publix is the only respectable southern supermarket.

>Publix
When I was a teenager, this just sounded too much like that new word "pubics"....I still double-take in my head when I read and say it.

Would you shop at a store called Pubix?

Agreed. That's were I preferred to shop. But if yous looking for the cheapest chitlins, ham hock, fatback, trotters and such, and if you plan on wearing your housecoat and rollers whilst shopping, then you're not looking for a respectable supermarket. You're looking for Piggly Wiggly, Food Lion, and Winn Dixie (are they even still around?)

In truth, if you want soul food ingredients Piggly/Food Lion type places are more likely to have a better product that turns quicker (and so is fresher). Nobody is buying that lonely tub of pig intestines sitting in the back of the meat fridge at Publix.

?

cause they be lie'n about the quality of their food. But since they already told you before you entered the store, you cant sue. Its a jew thing.