What went wrong?

What went wrong?

I only tried it once after hearing lots of hype. Some off-ramp interestate highway store. It was unremarkable other than the saltiness. I felt like I had been lied to by people whose intelligence I respected. It was horribly bland.

The further away from new Orleans the taste decreases

quality control is always a problem for any franchise business. But honestly I tasted no seasonings beside salt. Is that normal at Popeyes?

Did you get spicy? Popeyes is the best chicken joint in my area but I've had popeyes at other places that was just meh.

you have to order the spicy chicken, the standard is made for white people

it really is /just/ fried chicken though.

Pop ice spicy chicken dark meat is where it's at

nope didnt get spicy

you should get spicy chicken, with redbeans and rice, iced tea, and a blackberry pie
that should do ya

It's way too greasy.

Like you could turn a napkin translucent just wiping your hands after taking a bite.

Seconded. I know this sounds like an exaggeration, but it really is that greasy. Enough to where I can't really enjoy even one piece.

They need to cut out the waffle/honey/sweet chicken nonsense.

>Louisiana
There's your answer right there.

They partnered with Burger King

Creole / Cajun is pretty damn good tbqh. I went to New Orleans once, and the food was amazing, the history and French quarter is unique, but I was almost murdered so it wasn't really worth it.

Their hot mustard sauce is sooooooo fucking amazing

The whole concept was wrong from the beginning. They tried to portray themselves as a "cajun" place which was immediately negated by their focus on fried chicken, a non cajun dish. The entire concept is stupid.

What is your opinion on Golden Corral? I like to ask this of people with opinions on food that I respect.

Thirding this. Once bit into a thigh fresh from the fryer, squirted oil over my shirt.

live in new orleans, regularly travel. this is true.
this is also your issue
bUt If YoU aDd CaYeNnE aNyThInG iS cAjUn

I really like the gravy on their potatoes

Despite being a "Louisiana kitchen," literally everything they offer is more typical of lowcountry cuisine than the cuisines of Louisiana. And, surprisingly, it ain't bad lowcountry food, either. That dirty rice, while not as good as a proper homemade one, is still pretty fucking good. Anyone who would choose red beans and rice over dirty rice at Pope Yes is a faggot.

Reviewbrah said Burger King bought them out.
And Burger King changed all if Popeye's recipes to be cheaper.
Now it tastes awful.

It really depends on which shop you get it at. I've had unremarkable Popeyes in Toronto until recently when I tried out a spot in North York. It was prepared much better prepared, the chicken tender, skin crispy and the seasoning was optimal.

Never been inside because it's full of violent black people.

Louisiana, not Cajun. And Louisiana is definitely known for good fried chicken.

Everything on the menu is regularly served in Louisiana. Just because other states have it does not mean that we do not.

Anyway, as many have said, the quality depends on where you get it. I've had it in Korea, where it was dry and the biscuits were like bricks, but back in New Orleans the chicken was always crispy and flavorful, the biscuits dripping with butter.

They're filthy Papists. Look at their name: PopeYes. That's not a coincidence.

I ate it in New Orleans
It tasted exactly the same as in Minneapolis.

The one nearest me has a lot of Indonesians. That's probably because I live in Indonesia, tho.

Does Wendy's still sell spaghetti there?

I have never seen a Wendy's outside the U.S.

>What went wrong?
Nothing went right. I went there once and ordered a piece of fried chicken, a thing of fried shrimp and a poboy sandwhich. The fried chicken was greasier than your mother's vagina, shrimp had serious freezer burn and the sandwich bread was stale.

Just pick up some fried chicken from the deli at your local super market if you have the craving.

You deserve a lot more you's than you're getting.

Our Bishop made this joke during my confirmation, in front of the entire diocese.

shit sucks and is incredibly overpriced, like seriously way over priced.

Could've said it was le underrated, you reddit faggot.

Gracias for the (you), Veeky Forums pal!!!

Literally nothing. Fite me

Fuck you
The spicy tendies are rad as hell
If you want 'real' fried chicken don't go to fast food dumby

They're always located in nigger-infested areas. Their food is good but I don't wanna get robbed when I walk back to my car.

You must've confused them for Church's.

not enough cocks

It's revolting, besides their steak, which is ok.

Albertsons chicken is the ejaculation of gods.

they got rid of both the delta sauce and the spicy honey mustard. everything is too expensive and half of their rotating special items are sugary garbage.

I went to one the other night. it was like 4 women in the back and one black guy doing all the actual frying. I felt bad for him. My meal took like 10 minutes if not longer. I got the special honey spicy tendies and they were undercooked and not drizzled in sauce just like a line on each one. Was still enjoyable though

they got rid of the onion rings

BK bought em

REEEEEE ITS TRUE. here we come shit tasting gimmicks.

Most fast food kitchens are like this. One or two men doing all the cooking, completely busting ass, and at least twice as many women taking orders and "expediting" (putting food on a tray and carrying it 4 feet to the counter).

The popeyes chicken has caused so much hurt in his life