Mycologist help?

These giant shrooms are growing in my lawn. I don't think they're poisonous. I'm looking them up and I think they're edible. If they are I'm gonna eat the fuck out of them. Any /cuck/ wanna help me?

Three pictures incoming.

Also shoutout to my homeboy Davide if you's there.

Closeup of the biggest one. It's a little bigger than the length of my hand, maybe six or seven inches.

Underside.

It's dark out now, but should I go take a spore print? I think it's one of two species, either a horse shroom or a "vomiter" and the main difference seems to be spore color.

Don't ever fuck with mushrooms if you're not an expert. Don't trust any armchair mycologist on the internet. Your life could be on the line.

I'm mainly just curious at this point. Fuck my insatiable inner explorer.

Those are edible, the larger ones may be a bit on the bland side, usually you want to pick them before they open their vents.

don't take my word for it but they do look like a shaggy ink cap which has fully opened.

Parasol mushrooms, they're quite delicious

Matt, do not eat that. I'm fairly confident that's an amanita bisporigera, which is deadly if consumed.

DAVIDEEEEEEEE
Okay. I won't eat it. I'mma just wear some protective gear and dissect the fuckers.

Where do you live?

Parasol like stated above.
No deadly look alikes to my knowledge

I'm a mycologist

>protective gear

But why?

New Jersey.

I'm looking at the parasols but these are much more white. Are you sure?

Then again, the amanitas he mentioned don't have the scales on top.

That's not an Amanita mate, they don't have an annulus or volva. I think they're Macrolepiota, shaggy manes, mane, or possibly a Coprinus comatus, inky caps, but hard to see tho.

t.Funguy

>tfw really want to eat wild mushrooms but afraid I'll fucking die horribly

Okay, guys, OP here. I did my own research and this guy's wrong.

I decided to just go ahead, take a plastic spoon, and poke this thing until it does something suspicious.

While destroying it, I realized the spores are dark green. It's a green-spored parasol, Chlorophyllum molybdites, and is not good to eat :U

No fried mushrooms today, lads.

My knowledge extends to this
Of it has white gills
Don't risk it
I mean, don't risk it anyway, but white gills are a bit of a red flag

congrats for not dying user, dying is bad
as a future tip, real parasol have a free moving ring on the stem, that's how I usually tell them apart
though the spore print is always the safe way to go

wash them down with bleach, it'll kill the nasty parts of the shroom

white gills are not always a bad thing
pic related is Russula heterophylla, very tasty and easy to identify
when it comes to mushrooms with white gills, it's best to watch out for the ring and the bulb, as they usually indicate Amanitas

also a photo of my lunch the other day
found a really nice selection of Russula, just cooked them in the pan for a couple of minutes (butter, salt, pepper, done)

Where do you live and do you have a room to let?

Ring around stem and warts on top mean no good, scratch and sniff and see if it's got a chemical odour. Don't eat regardless of smell

>Ring around stem and warts on top mean no good
i've heard Amanita muscaria is really good eating though, if you can parboil out all the muscimol.