For me it is pho, the best asian noodle soup

For me it is pho, the best asian noodle soup

Tried it at a few different places, is the broth supposed to be close to flavorless?

>pretending to enjoy vietcong dishwater noodles

You need to stop. It's a crude poverty meal. Even the Vietnamese will tell you that. It isn't meant to be delicious, it's meant to be sustaining.

Yeah all the flavor is on the side, jackass. That's why you add it in.

Depends if its northern or southern Vietnamese. The Northerners invented it and it spread to the South via refugees from the Vietnam war. The Southern version is a much darker broth and pretty funky tasting with strong flavors of ginger, star anise and cinnamon (among others). The Northern version is lighter, has more subtle spices and is virtually clear. Some unscrupulous Pho places will serve "northern style" with watered down broth to save money. If you can find the Northern style done well, its similar to Japanese food in its subtlety. I like both in their own ways.

Pic related, Southern beef Pho. Flank steak iirc

>is the broth supposed to be close to flavorless?

It's supposed to have a hint of cinnamon, and be savory too. The broth should not be close to flavorless, it's the main ingredient that holds together all the toppings, like the type of broth for ramen.

Me too, great thread famiglia

If it's shit.

It's not a super-intense kick you in the face sort of intense flavor, but it's definitely not flavorless if it's good pho.

Hand drawn noodles for me, chinese soup

The rice noodles in pho arent that great
Hand drawn>ramen>pho

I think it is a good soup. Especially if you find good noodle houses.

Photo Le, Boise, Idaho is the sssshhhiiiittt :DDD

>is the broth supposed to be close to flavorless?
Yes, it's vietnamese food after all.

Have some real noodles you cuck

mmm vietnamese dish water. dat will be 12 dorra preese

>people are finally catching onto the fact that Pho is shit.
I've been saying it from the fucking outset, all of you cucks owe me a sloppy blowjob.

You and whoever else is eating shitty broth are owed nothing. FUH is very fucking good, stop eating at shitty places.

>stop eating at shitty places.
I've eaten Vietnamese dishwater at
>viet restaurants
>viet food trucks
>viet cultural festivals
>viet grandmothers
>in my own kitchen when I followed some mommy-blogger's "SUPER DUPER AUTHENTICO" recipe
They were all shit, every single one of them was shit that I was instantly tired of eating.

Pho is full of anise and I cant stand the taste of it.
Most people hate black licorice, I don't understand how this turned into a pop culture soup

Where the fuck are you getting your pho from if it's 12 dollars. For 6-8 dollars you get a fuck ton of soup. No wonder you think it's shitty.

if you're getting pho that is full of anise then you are eating at a shitty place. You don't use much star anise in pho broth and the end result tastes nothing like licorich

This user is correct, too much anise and the broth might actually be flavorful which is against the ethos of pho. Fucking D I S H W A T E R.

It's pretty good. Though the best noodle soup that I ever had was my first ever bowl of ramen (in Vietnam of all places), I've found the quality of pho to be consistently better than the ramen dishes I've had. And for much cheaper. Granted, I've only had ramen at like 3-4 restaurants whereas I've been eating pho for my whole life.

This.

Have some meme noodles.

>ramen for poorfags
>best

>pho
>not bun bo Hue

pleb

It's beef stock. No. Everyone who replied to you that it's normal to be near flavorless is getting gyped or has no taste buds. There should be the flavor of beef, green onion, and maybe chinese 5 spice.

>not beef mami
>not batchoy

>choosing pho over bun bo hue
neck yr self