Do you guys have a link to a video series or a website that helps teach knife skills...

Do you guys have a link to a video series or a website that helps teach knife skills? I'm so clumsy and uncoordinated in the kitchen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bycgZ0PI6og
bbc.co.uk/food/techniques
seriouseats.com/knife_skills
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnJ7j4__Ppk33pma2E8Ox5ODhDN2kZeac
youtube.com/watch?v=K7LtTbxIlTE&t=189s
youtube.com/watch?v=5z_d0soK1cI
youtu.be/3JBAZflgvWU
youtu.be/9TqZ5vh0bb0
youtu.be/lI2lWuoMV3I?t=4m34s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I got you buddy
youtube.com/watch?v=bycgZ0PI6og

>dat comment section

bbc.co.uk/food/techniques

Craftsy's "Essential Knife Skills with Brenden Mcdermott"

I learned my knife skills from this. The chef I worked under was useless and couldn't teach me, yet wanted me to go faster.So I learned though this series. I had better knife skills than the chef because of it. Turns out she never went to culinary school and was a herion addicted conwoman. Such is kitchen life.

Terrible onion technique.

seriouseats.com/knife_skills

One stop shop.

I think I caught aids from that webm

I must have seen marie do this 100 times but every time it gets me. Ho boy thats funny. Is there a mirror to the entire vid or is it nuked from the web?

>
just like mama used to make it

A kind user has made a private playlist with the two original videos. The other one is almost worse.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnJ7j4__Ppk33pma2E8Ox5ODhDN2kZeac

OP, look up Rick Theory's channel on youtube. He is pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=K7LtTbxIlTE&t=189s

I don't see the big deal. She's probably been chopping onions years before you were even born

The best thing about this video is that he really demonstrates how to make use of a full size knife (240mm Hiromoto AS gyuto IIRC). Another good source: search youtube for "CIA knife skills" (Culinary Institue of America btw, not Central Intelligence Agency)

she is using a shit knife, she is constantly in danger of cutting her own fingers off, she doesn't get regular sized pieces, she is slow. Literally EVERYTHING is shit aout that techhnique. And having been using shit technique for a long time doesn't make it better shit.

I'm pretty sure there's a video of Jamie Oliver teaching a knife workshop on youtube
here it is youtube.com/watch?v=5z_d0soK1cI

Holy fuck, I thought those were lost forever.

>I don't see the big deal.
You're in a thread about knife skills

Is Jack a redditor?

That's exactly what I do, only slower and clumsier, and I still look like a technician.

It's called practice, dum dum. Of course people who chop onions professionally in one of the highest stress work environments in the first world are going to get good fast.

grow up.

Learn to grammar.

The fucking omega team is on station tonight, huh?

You replied to my original post by telling me I wasn't grown up by suggesting that someone who has worked in a craft professionally will be better at it than an amateur who only practices it casually. I just assumed you were Australian, because they're all basically children who don't understand such basic things.

You called me dumb because I admitted I wasn't as fast as a day on day professional onion cutter. You sounded like a massive asshole.

Maybe don't call people dumb because they see the same thing your stupid ass sees.

You might not come across as a stupid prick. get it?

At least you figured out you're the stupid asshole of the night. Good work.

I called you a dum dum because you didn't understand that the "secret" to good knife skills is practice. You seemed to think that there was a simple guide, whereas every google result will tell you the exact same thing about technique, but obviously you're not going to get good overnight at home, especially compared to people to spend 12 hours a day cooking professionally.

Also, this is the drunk-line-cooks-answer-your-dumb-beginner-questions board out of boredom and a need to feel some sort of superiority in the face of their bad life decisions, at it's best. You must be new here.

That's an idiotic assumption on your part. I can't save you from your own stupidity. Honestly, Grow the fuck UP. You sound like a sad douche. You come across like a sad person. Don't try to engage people when you have all the baggage you have. You're trying to fill a hole that other people can't fill for you.

When you piss on other people, you're pissing on yourself in truth.

remember, All I said was "im not as fast as someone else"

and this is your entire game. stop, get rehab or get counselling. really. This is depressing me.

>an idiotic assumption on your part

Learn to fucking quote what you're referring to.

>all I said was "im not as fast as someone else"

And all I said was that it's dumb to think that you'd be as fast as someone who does something every night the same amount of times as you do in an entire year. If anyone is making immature assumptions it's you.

It's fucking savage, I love it

If you want knife sharpening kino, look up Burrfection on youtube

I need a sharper knife, the onion was damn effortless.

I cant allow this shit to be happening on this fu/ck/ board

Fuck you bastards

Lets get some quality shit back already
Leathfrag

As in cooking with frag is our guy
A major streamer on twitchtv great with gaming and especially good with cooking without being any sort of an asshole
.... like i said our guy

Check his series its real cooking and real skill for real folks

youtu.be/3JBAZflgvWU
^^

youtu.be/9TqZ5vh0bb0

[>_

jesus christ stop advertising.

The knife does make a huge difference, especially when you're working with the tip a lot, like when you are dicing onions. Alomost all commercial knives are way too thick at the tip, and very often the angle of the bevel actually gets HIGHER than at he belly of the knife. I have couple of knives that have been thinned by a genuine master bladesmith and the tip is so finely ground that when viewed from above you have a hard time telling where the blade ends and the air begins. It's finer than a sewing needle. Those blades just fall through onions.

no one is as good at using their knife teeth as master marie

WA LA
youtu.be/lI2lWuoMV3I?t=4m34s

You view a knife edge from direct light. That's all that's there. You can see the convex, concave or flat edge all the way to the tip. There's no fucking magic, buddy. You see all the impurities and breaks.

apologies. just noticed this was already posted. the excitement of an opportunity to share marie's homemade italian overtook me

I love your fantasy. Culinary knives are pretend in comparison to real knives for work. Learn real metallurgy or end up sounding like a dull cunt.

Bite me

The quality of the goods is far above average and considering what else was shared i find it worthy of the high recomendation

Everyone! Jump in here and see this HIGH RECOMMENDATION!

Buy this garbage right fucking now.

Where can I buy your fucking garbage? is there a website that'll steal my identity?

>ywn get a cute Veeky Forums waifu
Why are women today trash at cooking?

Because women cooking is oppressive

Nothing like being a stupid cunt to make someone else money. GO!

>She's probably been chopping onions years before you were even born
That doesn't mean she is doing it well, safely, or efficiently.

my mom cuts it off like it's some weird ball. But she makes the best food on the planet. People are stupid, get over it.

You have issues Veeky Forums is perfect for you only likely in /b/ where trash belongs
You can try reddit if you like
i heard its a scary place so someone special like you might not like it

Your english is superb. I'll scary place myself over to reddit by being someone special for you. Just for you. Are you ethnically Polish?

Ya im good at using my pole/ish

You wanna suck me off behind the dumpster again

Wow, I didn't think I'd hit the ethnicity on the head, but you sounded just the amount of stupid with just the amount of bad english. Sorry, bro.

You again huh still cumdrunk

Bugger off you whore im dry now
Dont call me ill call you

>I love your fantasy. Culinary knives are pretend in comparison to real knives for work. Learn real metallurgy or end up sounding like a dull cunt.
WTF are you even talking about here? And what does it have to do with the content of my post?!

jesus, how fucking /b/ are you? You don't even know whats going on around here, do you?

How new

I must ask

Please be honest

Buy 1,000,000 potatoes then peel and cut all of them. Then if you feel ready to move on buy 1,000,000 onions.

Sorry, I actually was replying to a Metal Shop Manager in another thread I guess it wasn't here. I thought he was at least in this thread but I can't find him. Sorry man, I didn't mean to piss on your croutons.

9 years, when i'm drunk I come here to piss on people. Sorry kid. It's late, I'm bored, and Rome doesn't take my full attention while its on.

Its like its your first summer here.

always my first summer. It's awesome. You make your own booze yet?

where'd you go, hun? no jibber jabber left in you? Have fun tonight and speak your mind.

Im a 2 buck chuck wino

Im been done drinking since i was 18

I chase pussy now for kicks

Pussy? God I drink so much my cock ends up in my body somewhere.

I'm a proper Alco.

My cock is just right for the 2 bit skanks who cant get enough

I last in the sack nearly 2 hours
Spanking and pumping, slapping and thrashing that cornhole, pull any ol bitches hair till she chokes on cock and swallows the load

I had 4 till last last week when one died buried her yesterday still have three not bad they are all at least ten years younger i wont be complaining

god. I don't know anyone that would say that. That's just kind of nauseating. Now I have to drink more.

Ya well

Rough life has its costly expense

See why im glad i stopped drinking at 18

You waking up with the shakes

I don't get the DT's. Mostly I just end up feeling bad for people and the world. Tonight you've added to that, unfortunately. Gonna hop in the shower and try to wash this stink off. Maybe.

Do it

Your the one with a drinking habit
The shoe is on the other foot
Leave the sugar alone and give your body time to enjoy another nice round of drinking as in stop drinking for about 10 years and give it another go so you can enjoy your later years with quality