Al/ck/ Alcoholism General

Old one was about to kick it.

What's on your mind? I finally got a good girl, but I lost my job. Drinking IPA's.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/education/2005/oct/03/research.highereducation
scdlifestyle.com/2012/05/the-specific-carbohydrate-diet-is-backed-by-124-years-of-research-testing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Taking up homebrewing, and telling myself that from here on out I will only drink alcohol of my own making.
Wish me luck lads, I know it probably won't work

good luck user. I've told myself that lie before. I used to homebrew. IPA's are easy to brew and drink easy/don't need to age.

Drinking has finally stopped being fun for me. I also lost my job, and spent the day making dinner and doing some freelance writing shit. Drank a 6 pack and a bottle of wine but I started getting the jitters this evening.

The worse is the indescribable sense of doom. I'm not a daily drinker, but I hit it hard on the weekend and taper. Monday is always the worst. It feels like existing is terror. I don't have the other symptoms really. I'm a little shaky etc, but I'm afraid I won't stop and it's going to get worse. I've been told it only get's worse.

I've got a lot to lose atm. Got a sweet severance package from work so I don't gotta find a job for a bit. I got my Master's but it's useless. It all feels so useless. My gf and family are the only thing that keep me going.

Sorry for the fucking blog post but I'm losing my damn mind and I know you guys will understand.

Woot! Day 30 and only getting easier. Is it normal to crave sugar after you quit? I never had a sweet tooth but I've been going through a pack of oreos like every 5 or 6 days.

Yea that's normal, man. I put 4 months together once and found myself drinking soda and I hate soda.

La croix and flavored seltzer water is a good substitute if you want to cut the sugar. Fresca is 0 cal too, and that peach flavor is dope.

>tfw chain smoking while sobering up on a monday night
pic is me

I live off of this shit. Even when I was drinking, it was this and vodka.

L O N D O N
?

Hopefully those sigils protect her from meth. She looks the part.

God I miss all the polar seltzer flavors from up north. I live in florida and they only have the cranberry one.

The vanilla pear is incredible.

Nice dubs. I don't believe you. I don't like smoking while sobering up. It's like drinking coffee while detoxing.

Im in SC, might be trickling down your way.

This photo made an impression on me.

This girl is gorgeous. She's got beautiful hair, nice lips and probably pretty eyes. We're all just one more beer; one more drink from being forever on this ride. She could wake up one day, withered with skin like a handbag. Time could have passed her like sandpaper over rough wood. She might wake up, look in the mirror and realize that for years she wasn't even calling the shots. She will realize all the fun and rebellion of being a young drunk only leads into a miserable adulthood.

It's funny how human beings are addicted to and love the fruits of rotten juice. It's almost like we wandered out of the cave and right into the bar.

What part? Could give you some tips

Tips on what? Low country tho.

About the good places to stay/live

I don't really consider myself an alcoholic, and if I am I'm a functioning one. I have a steady job in retail and a reasonably nice place to live. I graduated college last spring and I'm looking for internships to get myself out of my current job. But I just can't seem to nail down my romantic life. That's why I'm drinking cheap rum with a squirt of lime juice tonight.

I go to a cafe downtown sometimes because one of my roomates works there and it's a cool place. They serve beer, wine, coffee, and some simple food and they have tons of boardgames patrons can play while they eat and drink. I had a slight thing for one of the waitresses there because we share a lot of the same hobbies and taste in music, plus she's pretty cute too. Sadly I found out tonight she's not looking to date at the moment because she just ended a pretty serious relationship recently. Not really a big deal, I'm not in love with her or anything. It's just this is the 4th time I've been shot down since my last breakup. I had a serious boyfriend/girlfriend thing with this one woman about 2 years back now. She ended it for practical reasons though I wanted to try and make it work. I had no luck with women before her, and I've had no luck since. Three turned out to be gay, one wasn't interested, and now the waitress isn't interested either. I don't expect everyone to be interested in me, but could the universe throw me a fucking bone here? I guess what I'm mainly upset about is that a pretty big part of me thinks that what I had with my ex is the best I'll ever get, and I already fucked up my chances at having a fulfilling relationship. I'm lucky in so many asoects of my life, but I'd trade it all just to be able to hold someone close to me like she used to hold me.

They'll always be around user. Don't sweat it too much.

I agree that having a woman truly love you is probably one of the best things in this world, but you gotta sack up. If you seem sad they will hump you for pity sex and not respect you.

Be a man and you will never worry about women.

this is my 10th week sober./

just wanted to remind you guys you can do it. you will miss drinking every single day, but everything gets better.

life is better.

thanks for being there for me when i needed you. i believe in you too.

user

i love you

I was asked to leave my job. My health insurance went with it. I've recently discovered that due to recent changing in the law it's difficult to get health insurance any time with most people having to wait until November. Luckily I get a temporary exception due to my recent "departure" from work to apply for a private plan.

no cobra?

Yeah. The thing about cobra is that it gives you the chance to buy into your company plan for a while after termination of employment. Except that it's way more expensive (in my case) than simply buying a plan on the open market by making use my circumstances to act as an exception to the general rule.

sucks. i hate the whole health insurance thing. i never use it except for antibiotics a few times a year, but the wife insists on throwing away hundreds of dollars a month. w/e.

I know this isn't the board for this. But the whole process, aside from my drinking, has made me a proponent of socialized medicine. Health insurance is something everyone needs, few thoroughly understand, and while I'm a huge proponent of insurance generally for home, auto, life, etc...maybe there's no reason for the health insurance industry to even exist. I also read a survey of economists recently that more than 70% of economists of all stripes don't believe the employer based system is a good thing.

Same.

I used to be one of those "muh free market types" but unfortunately our actions affect others and especially within healthcare. It's better to try and take care of one another than say adios and let their addictions, bad eating habits, and otherwise bad behavior become a financial burden.

I hate commies btw, but this is too obv to look over.

On vacation

Took some time off work to get some woman trouble off my mind; its bad juju, shes trouble

Got a cabin out in the boonies, drinking some scotch whiskey

Looking to do some fishing over the next 3 days and try to forget the world exists for a while

You and I seem to be on the same page. My new support for that kind of thing is the outlier with regard to most of my other positions, but from the viewpoint of a consumer it all seems so simple and easy. Expensive as hell, but simple. I hate it when people talk about "free" anything too. Of course it's not free. But like you say it's too obvious. I'm also a free market guy, but maybe health isn't an area where the normal rules apply.

smirnoffbro where you at guy, I wanna see some pork ribs....

Sounds nice, user. Hope you catch a fat bass. Take photos.

I agree user. That's my main hang up with libertarianism. Our actions effect others. If my actions didn't effect others I really wouldn't care, but in order to pay for my own healthcare I need the support of other people also paying into it.

We're all gonna die. We might as well be prepared for it. Not to get dark.

You nailed it on libertarianism. Most people have that streak in them, but most people keep it in check after they leave the dorm room.

Same
Already know I'll drink like five times more on top, but pic will produce 23L of cider for £15. First batch, should be ready in like 2 weeks

Smirnoff died

>sobering up
>night
Did you run out or something? Being half-drunk and running out is perhaps the freshest of all forms of Satan's favourite rape recipes. I HATE going to bed while sobering up, I toss, turn and twitch all fucking night. I have to drink until I pass out.
You're pretty btw, and I like the finger tats. I've always been too much of a wuss to get any because employers are such dicks about them. Nice to see another al/ck/ come out of hiding.
No he didn't. See the post above yours.

should i get another beer? no work tomorrow

My blood pressure is normal when I'm drunk.. wtf....

Apparently my great grandmother would drink some apricot brandy commonly. She lived to be 100.

What reccomendations do you guys have?

Coming down from an acid trip. Drank the rest of my booze, can't get any more until 7. Just realizing that most people aren't full of suffering for no reason. Should probably get that therapist I've been thinking of getting.

get 6

does anyone know anything about makkeoli cocktails?

>Buy 28 x 5mg diazepam
>FUCK YEAH, I CAN QUIT
>have drink to celebrate
>have 1 pill too; it's a celebration, and feels SO good
>3 days later
>still drunk
>taken every pill
Impeccable life-choices.

Hrm, hope it is, but loads of pics of that girl online.

I know this all too well. Absolutely no self control as long as I have some in the house. Be it pills or boose.

im a gril btw ;^)

Dem filename doh. Plus loads of her online. Guessing not legit. Shame, that.

Right now is hour 70 since waking up with abdominal pain. Can't sleep, have to sit up to keep the pain down. So tired of not sleeping much. The doctor who treated me is a complete bastard for not sending me home with painkillers.

Spent most of the day feeling much better until I ate one plain pancake. That sent the pain from level 1 to 3 (at my most comfortable) for the past 4 hours.

how is alcoholism even real? just put down the bottle and walk away lmao

0/10

who would win in a fight?

1 bottle of vodka or 100,000 alcoholics

I think the doc didn't give you painkillers because he fears you'd get addicted to them, since you obviously tend to get addicted to abusable substances. He could have kept you and fed you with a drip, but hospital beds are expensive and boring.
Pancreatitis can give so much pain morphine doesn't work, they put people under artificial coma for it. Maybe he considered 1/10 was close enough to 0, and the fact that it bothers you so much is more linked to PAWS than pancreas.
Drugs work better on acute pain than chronic pain anyway. Try medical cannabis/CBD maybe?

Avoid fats and booze for a few days. Feed on juices and 0% yogurts if needed.

>you obviously tend to get addicted to abusable substances
How convenient.

The vodka. We'd all kill eachother fighting over it.

hahaha epic, because a disgusting liquid is so powerful, lmao haha yeah.

Among 100000 alkies, there must be a few brewing and distilling their own.
So we now have tons of vodka. And we're all gonna die.

>And we're all gonna die.
Why don't you inhale a car exhaust fumes? That would give a faster high than a shot of vodka.

Low fat yoghurt = high lactose yoghurt. I'd go for a full fat, unflavoured, live, probiotic yoghurt. The probios will help to nuke a few of the pathogens which are probably contributing to the intestinal inflammation. Lactose is generally terrible for the adult intestine, the pancreas only produces lactase; the enzyme which breaks lactose down into monosaccharide form, while we're babbies sucking tits for milk. After that, it just fills the colon with carbs on which parasitic pathogens thrive, thereby inflaming the digestive tract and making the pancreas throw a fit.
Could bleat on about this for ages, but won't because it's likely to all be rather boring for most ppl ITT.
If you have pancreatic inflammation, or like myself both pancreatic, colonic, liver and small intestinal issues, I highly recommend a visit to a Dr Natasha McBride in Cambridge, England. Or at least research the GAPS diet (gaps.me) and if you're really determined to get well, look into the history of this approach which dates back to the 1940's, started by a doc by the name of Sidney Valentine Haas, popularised by an American biochemist by the name of Elaine Gotschall, and currently being researched and promoted chiefly by Dr McBride.
Google 'specific carbohydrate diet' and 'GAPS diet'.

t. 16-year-long sufferer of colitis and pancreatitis.

My pancréatine pills instruction state to take more with meals rich in fats, and when I forget to take them my shit is oily. So I assumed fats were the problem.

Thinking about it, many docs don't know much about pancreatitis...

>assumed fats were the problem
My gastroenterologist told me recently that there's a lot of research going into how lipids affect digestion and intestinal inflammation.
Idgaf how arrogant I sound, they may be doctors who have studied for years, but I have the diseases they're trying to understand. I have an understanding of this disease that they do not. 1.5 decades of personal experience.
It is not lipids causing these diseases, it is the complex carbs feeding pathogenic microorganisms. We've as a species only been eating things like bread and other complex carbs for a few thousand years. Our immune systems have been going batshit ever since, so we have pancreatitis, asthma, eczema, schizophrenia, et al.
Dr Valentine Haas knew the score. The med community is SLOOOWWWLLLY waking to this fact. An Australian doc was recently awarded the fucking Nobel prize for proving that stomach ulcers are caused by pathogenic microorganisms. Something previously dismissed by the broader medical community.
Not going to go on and on about this, but if you really want to get better, gaps.me

Link:
theguardian.com/education/2005/oct/03/research.highereducation

If you live in the UK what do you say to get Benzos prescribed if you are going through withdrawals. All my doc ever gives me is thiamine. Will not whatsoever prescribe me Benzos even though he knows I'm a true al/ck

Huh, and having been blackout drunk for years it's been a while since I looked into this stuff, but it seems Haas wasn't the first.
scdlifestyle.com/2012/05/the-specific-carbohydrate-diet-is-backed-by-124-years-of-research-testing/
K I'll shut up now, but those of you who are in pain and risking colostomy/death due to an annihilated intestinal microflora thsnks to booze and modern diet, hope this stuff might help some of you.

I buy them from junkies. My doc refuses too.
There's always derpweeb, but dude benzos are harder to kick than booze. Be extremely careful.

I'm sick of buying from dealers, the "valium" ends up being etizolam or some shite. The only legit thing I can get is xanax and it doesn't last long enough. Too addictive. I guarantee there is no dealer selling pills with any Diazepam in them in the UK right now.

You need better connections, bruh. I buy diazepam, lorazepam and nitrazepam still in the boxes with the patient's name label on the box. Not proud of it, but criminals know and trust me. There's definitely the real stuff out there.

>I guarantee there is no dealer selling me pills with any Diazepam in them in the UK right now.
FTFY

>when even being drunk wont help you fall asleep unless you completely black out
Super gay

Man, feeling lucky to have a healthy lactase-producing digestive system.

fuckin ell bra sounds like shit. Hang in there.

I'm right there with you, homie. You'll pull through. What with your severance package and penchant for beer and wine (as opposed to hard liquor), you have a lot more going for you than most anyone in these miserable threads. Most people have alienated their gf/family by now, and those things are such a valuable crutch.
I believe in you, user.

I did this with moonshine.

Things escalated quickly.

thanks guys. riding it out today. gonna drink a bunch of water and watch youtube

Oh God

Yes?

>Yes?
No ;_;

Got some kava steeping right now, bout to get nice and rooted.

>mfw you can get a comfy buzz with no physical dependency
>mfw you can drive on this shit without risk of a DUI
>mfw there's a cap on how high you can get so you don't black out and ruin your life

bout to try some for the first time today. any tips? preferably with no sugar or cows milk

Sure.
>the water you "steep" it in needn't be hot, just warm to the touch
>use some kind of fat for the kavalactones to bind to, I use a splash of coconut milk. Oil will work.
>anything you do to it to not make it taste like shit will supposedly lessen the effects, so I wouldn't bother trying to make it more palatable
>stir/agitate it A LOT before consuming
>this shit will numb your mouth, so don't freak out

And finally, don't expect to get completely rekt on it. Just wait and see how it effects you, its effects are not a home run with everyone.

>completely rekt
Not what I'm after. I just want to sleep! 30 days sober and I'm averaging 4 hours a night. Figure I try some natural shit before going to a doctor. And thanks!

say a seizure in the floor in front of him I guess. actions speak.

10/4. It's been a great mellow-out substance for me, but for sleep aid, I dunno. I still wake up after just four hours.

Guess we'll see, worst case I'm in the same situation I'm in now minus 20 bucks lol.

Also, the narcotic-like effect of it may freak you out, but there's been no hangover so far.

Is the pancreas on the left side of the body, near the bottom of the ribs? Saturday I drank til blacking out. Happens. Next day felt like shit, again normal. Recovered until about 5pm, decide to take a shot. Fine until a few mins later and I just start pouring sweat, shaking, and feeling like death. Shelfed the bottle, couldn't eat, just lied down and drank water. Hardly slept.

Just a harsh reaction after attempting to cut back for a week then overdoing it?

So, do you drink it hot or can I let it cool back down? Also, whats your go to kava/water ratio?

just got back together with my gf after epic drunken breakup last night. I don't remember any of it.

I've been drinking for 10 years, the last 6 have been really intense but now i have a thing for strong IPAs and will drink 12-15 a night. The last month no matter how much i drink i black out and am starting to get angry drunk. It's fucked.

Anyway vowed to stop drinking for a while but just found 5 beers in my cupboard so here's the first one.

Salud

I had the crisis team called on me twice lately because I was going to kill myself while drunk. I was stuck in the hospital in a chair for 22 hours.

I'm so fucking tired of this addiction.

I find myself taking a few days off and calming down on the drink 5 (8%abv) beers on days off or a L of wine with 2 beers.

really need to cut back off again but I feel empty inside without the drink.

This whole addiction thing sucks.

It's my birthday. No one gives a shit. I'm broke and really want some gin.

Happy bday!

Buy ya a bottle if I could.

Thanks man, I appreciate the thought.

>first attempt
>cheap af apple juice, cider yeast, yeast nutrient
>sure I'd fuck something up
>24hrs later
>airlock is bubbling like crazy
ITS ALLLIIIIIVVVVVEEEE!!!!

All the best, user

I've spent near-enough every birthday at home with a bottle and a teenage hooker. Sometimes I bake a cake and sing myself happy birthday.
Kill me?

>Tfw its 1 beer Tuesday
>Only have 4 dollars
>Don't want to pull money from ATM...but I might
>Payday isn't until Sunday

I'm in a bit of a jam here lads.

Wait, why are people saying not to drink coffee while detoxing? Because it dehydrates or what?

2 days sober here

Thanks dude.

Just because it increases anxiety, I think.

At least you've had the cash to do something on your birthday? Hell I'd join you if I could.

It's my birthday in a few months. Wanna choose one and go halves on a spit roast?
(NSFW link)
www.girlsfromparadise.com