Little baby tri stand charcoal grill is super cheap

>little baby tri stand charcoal grill is super cheap
>infinitely better to cook on than a gas grill

What possible advantages do gas grills have? More expensive, worse taste, terrible for smoking.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcoal_lighter_fluid
youtube.com/watch?v=oSzncxYqOaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're easier and faster. Doesn't sell me on them though.

marginal time/convenience gain on getting the grill hot and ready.

Gas grills got shilled. They're really not good.

...fuck. Charcoal grill bring flat out superior and it not being a matter of personal taste is like the entire running joke behind King of the Hill isn't it?

yeah. duh.

I didn't do a lot of grill until I got an apartment with a balcony that let me, so I just assumed Hank being a propane salesman was just a weird little tidbit and didn't think the entire point was him being a hick with zero taste.

fair enough.
I always thought it to be an especially cruel fate to inflict on anybody, even if Hank was just a fictional character.

Can you imagine living your adult life thinking that a gas grill was superior and that you sold people gas grills all the time, then one day realize that gas grills actually suck compared to cheap little baby tri stand charcoal? You would be forced to realize that you had been selling a lie- that your entire life was a lie.

Fuck you, don't insult Hank

Taste the meat, not the heat.

Sell the sizzle, not the steak.

They're somewhat easier to clean, don't need charcoal chimney or lighter fluid.

>lighter fluid

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcoal_lighter_fluid
I don't get it please explain your implications.

If a caveman can light a coal fire with nothing but wood, you can light a coal fire with a butane lighter.
Hell, the bag the coal comes in is infinitely more reliable than lighter fluids.

t.fire girl from the ash tribe

Not intended as an exhaustive list of every method of burning charcoal.

>More expensive
isn't the actual propane a lot cheaper than charcoal?

gas grills have better temperature control.

>lighter fluid
>a completely unnecesary crutch to cover for the fact that you can't make a real fire is somehow a bad feature of said fire
>purposely tainting your coals with foul smelling chemicals
lolno

What? When do they hint on that?

I mean to be fair that shit is burnt off long before you cook on your coals, but i agree that it's totally unnecessary.

taste the meat not the heat

taste the meat not the heat

>tfw used to grill over burning sticks as a kid/teenager
>tfw when parents got a gas grill
>tfw they still keep my pile of sticks in the back yard after i moved out in the hopes that i'll grill over wood for them again.

One of the few things i miss about home is being able to cook over a fire and then walk right inside to my desk.

It didn't. KOTH was one of the few adult cartoons with some subtlety to its humor, I really miss it.

There was an episode where Bobby and Peggy eat burgers that were cooked over charcoal and prefer it though. But they say it's not as good because Hank would disown them or something.

thanks user

i can tell you that although the flavor is better, working with a charcoal grill is significantly more of a pain in the ass.

Its hinted at in one episode where Peggy and Bobby both have steak on a charcoal grill and agree that its better than propane.

youtube.com/watch?v=oSzncxYqOaQ

Hank literally saids "What do you prefer, charcoal, or me?"