Soju

I want to drink Soju, but around here in italy there is now way to get it. I even went to the only asian store to check. Would it be the same if I diluted some vodka and added a pinch of sugar?

join interpals and make friends with some koreans and then do snail mail with them. its what I did

Genuinely surprised that there is an Asian store in Italy. Di dove sei?

There are german online shops that sell such asian booze, I think.

Seems like a lot of effort.
Bolzano
Shipping is like 15€ for a 4€ bottle of soju.

german here, can confirm but not recommend, since its fucking expensive

Why do you want to drink soju, particularly? There are some really shitty manufacturers out there, and yes, you could probably imitate them with dilute vodka and simple syrup, but why bother?

Watched a k-drama and just want to try it now

isn't there a liquor store you could go to? I found it at a local store

also no it won't be the same really

same

Hanguk resident here

>Would it be the same if I diluted some vodka and added a pinch of sugar?
Yes.

>snail mail
>in 2k17
I only email my beverages these days

It's the equivalent of a weeaboo wanting to drink saké, it's pretty much alcoholic vinegar, but the weeb must learn

Who do I believe now?
Nothing wrong with trying new things.

the guy who actually lives in Korea

everyone around me is a wino and drinks these awful 1500 weon bottles. they taste like vodka, sugar, and water. which they are, because grain soju is literally made the exact same way as vodka.

italians confirmed F L Y O V E R

It won't stop hurting, it's like they're all still here

if you want to you can make your own soju from rice

>saké

>Worked in a liquor store for 2 years owned by Koreans. Drank a shit load of soju. 50/50 vodka water with sugar will produce a very similar taste. It's not very good.
>pic unrelated

it would not taste like the green bottles seen in dramas

Whatever weeb, I bet correcting me makes you feel better, does it fill your phantom pain?

what's with the pose?
"Uh Uh Uh not for you!!"

koreans have rape fantasies, "no" is arousing to them

post more IU

it is a bottle of rice alcohol

technically, since the "e" is pronounced "eh", i don't see how it's wrong to use the emphasis.

Do different Soju brands taste differently?

But sake is nothing like alcoholic vinegar; it's more like a high-proof beer without hops in it.

There's no reason to emphasize it, because it is impossible for E to make any other sound in Japanese.
Furthermore the romanization of Japanese is already governed by the romaji system, so there's no need to add any further embellishments of your own in a misguided attempt to clarify as though you were transcribing it for the very first time in English history.

>the romanization of Japanese is already governed by the romaji system

lol syut the fuck up

Sure. There are some shitty ones that can taste like lighter fluid then there are more expensive ones that are much more mellow and complexly flavored.

yeah, but let's say not everybody reading this knows all that. don't you think it would be helpful to people who've been saying it wrong or have never actually heard it spoken aloud. or even seeing it for the first time.

No, all green bottle sojus taste the same.

However, rice sojus come in a variety of complexities, like whiskey or sake. Get some hwayo.

>but let's say not everybody reading this knows all that.
But then why would the be here?
Veeky Forums is for weebs who already know all that, if they don't already know all that then they don't belong here and need to leave.

Weebs derailing this thread. This is for koreaboos only you fucks

this wouldn't have happened if you posted more ius like i told you to.
>Veeky Forums is for weebs who already know all that
wew nigger, how often do you post here. 4chin is full of normies who openly mock anime and weeb and jap culture

>tfw no pretty Korean gf to deny me the drink that I desire

>4chin is full of normies who openly mock anime and weeb and jap culture
If you hate them so much then why would you want to be helpful to them?

Go to a Korean restaurant?

stop splitting hairs. if there are normies who openly mock anime, then there are almost certainly normies who don't

It's not a hairsplit. You can't help one without helping the other, and neither of them deserve to be helped or will ever appreciate the help in the first place.

huh, you know, i'm not actually the guy who posted the original post with sake in it. can't believe i got dragged into arguing whether or not it should be helpful or not.

This is the brand of soju that most Korean Americans drink.

What? I found it all the time in the manga shop here in my city. Where in Italy are you?

Too soon asshole, let poor Ken-sama rest in peace.

i would just pay it. its not a lot of money anyway (albeit pricey for what it is) and youre just trying it, its not like youre drinking it all the time.

or better yet, try making your own and then order some. compare the taste

Sake can actually be good. Soju is just diluted industrial alcohol.

this girl is very appealing

Bolzano. Dunno if there is a manga shop here.

soju sucks, it's for children or people who want to pretend they're not drinking alcohol

Soju is 20-40% alcohol dipshit

also for koreaboos like OP to pretend they like.

Oh, that's a shame. If you happen to come down to Padova one of these days go to Kissa Shop, they usually stock that along with some japanese snacks and cooking supplies.

This. It's typically distilled so usually has a strength more similar to vodka than something like sake which is only fermented.

Thanks, if I ever have business in Padova, I'll check it out. I would have never even thought of looking in a manga shop.

just get sake instead if you cant get soju, soju and sake are basically the same. You should be able to find soju in an asian grocery or international store though.

green bottles are 12 to 18 percent

strong enough to be a real beverage, but nowhere near the strength of a real liquor. Kahlua is harder.

The only reason people in korea drink soju is cripplingn alcoholism and its so cheap

there is no appeal to drinking it

Nope.

Beer is made with barley. The taste is distinctly different from fermenting rice. It's why budweiser tastes so shitty now.

This. It's not very good.

Sake is rice wine, about 12~15%
Shouchu is rice liqour, it's usually 30-40% but i've seen it up to 50%.
Awamori is Okinawan rice liqour, that shit puts hairs on your chest.

Soju is garbage.

>wheat beer
>rye beer
>spruce beer
>birch beer
>et cetera...

Reinheitsgebot shitters go and stay go

So basically what I gather is it's good for people who want to get really drunk for cheap really fast

Soju is really nothing special. Not really much flavor. Kindof boozy. The only benefit is that it is like 4-5 dollars in the US for a bottle, but thats still not really that great compared to just getting a great high abv for around the same price per ml.

If youre going to try hard to get asian liquor go for a shochu made from sweet potato or a bottle of japanese whisky.

high abv beer i meant.

but yeah i really cant emphasize enough that soju is nothing special. it's basically just the "cool guys" 40 in the west. its not actually good

Shochu > Soju

>Bolzano

Innsbruck has Asia stores, so do Salzburg and there are a couple in Vorarlberg (Though those are impossible to reach with public transport).

>19
>studying in Korea
>convenience store right outside my apartment building
>Soju for 1,650won
>Thats like $1.80 AUD
>20.1% alcohol in 360mls

I'm like gonna die here. Like seriously, my liver is going to shut down while I'm here.

Also, I found the best Soju. 참이슬 but not the "fresh" one. It's got a red cap and is labelled "클래식" (classic). Higher alcohol content than 처음처럼, 좋은데이 and the fresh 참이슬. Also goes down a lot smoother, and isn't as sour as the fore mentioned versions

>pic related thats it

>walking down Hongdae bar hopping and finding a million claw machines with the stuffed animals
>double fisting Soju all the way with a bottle of Whiskey as well
>take some whiskey, chase with Soju
>completely fucked up
>order a full fucking meal delivered to you in the park with dishes included
>dance kpop with the Korean girls in the park as well
>go home and smash a girl completely out of your league

Korea is a treasure.

>I'm a classless drunk and then also some things happened that didn't happen

>I am butthurt that people can go out and have fun and choose not to believe it because I have autism

Soju sucks major ass.

Don't drink it because its glorified in korean movies/shows.

Shin ramyun is pretty dope though.

lol those weirdos will never understand

Just get a pail of paint thinner and drink that. It's literally the same shit.

Ramen is literally the most overrated and unhealthiest foods on the planet.

I feel disgusting every time I eat it.

cont. cuz I just realized,

I have never eaten ramen and afterwards felt like,

"Ah yes, I am full. That was a filling meal. Really hits the spot."

So are you just koreaboos that want to get tipsy while watching korean tv shows?

Genuinely curious, sorry if i sound facetious.

I agree. been eating the 'good' ramen all my life but i would never eat it all the time.

I do know how to cook it in a way that it really hits the spot. But thats because im asian ;)