Americans are obese because healthy food is too expensive

>americans are obese because healthy food is too expensive
this meme needs to stop

I agree but why would you choose this picture?

Damn, that fossil on the left probably fought the Nazis in WWII and just forgot about it in his alzheimers dementia.

Lol what a god damn retard

Because Americans really do this.

That's what I don't get, has he decided the guys that machine-gunned his buddies in '44 had the right idea after all?

But it is. I try to eat healthy, but cheap unhealthy fast food gets shoved in my face all the time. Coke is less expensive than water. A few days ago i bought an avocado and the coworker said it came with free potato chips. Since i am low in budget i have to take these offers. Luckily i integrated vitamin pills into my diet, so at the end of the day i don't even need to eat many vegetables.

Are there even WWII vets alive? The old man is probably a Nam vet.

Or he could just be an old dude that did nothing at all.

>Are there even WWII vets alive?

Yes, many

>Are there even WWII vets alive?
America, where life expectancy is 60

There are, but they'd be in their 90s. My grandfather fought in WW2 and he'd be 93 if he was still alive. Nam vets are in their late 60s.

Yeah my grandad is 92 and he was in WW2, I take him to anniversary events and I see there's still loads of them left, although they're looking pretty old now, won't be long till they're gone...

Healthy food is cheap, but it requires time and basic skills to make delicious. Most hungry people don't see spending the greater part of an hour preparing a healthy meal as that good a use of their time when less healthy fast/convenience foods can be thrown together into a tasty meal in 10-15 min. It's laziness. Most folks don't want to spend their time in the kitchen if they can help it, and unhealthy food is simply easier than healthy.

They were a cool generation. I really liked my grandpa. :o/ Enjoy your time with your grandpa, it's cool you take him to anniversary events.

The bigger issue is filling healthy food. 1800 calories of garbage makes me feel like ive eaten a truck but I can go through 2500 calories of healthy and still be hungry. I still need the healthy many calorie because 115 lbs at 6' but for people,losing weight ???

Really? I find junk food fills me up for like an hour and then I'm starving again. I can't say healthy food is super filling, but 900 calories of meat and cheese is certainly more filling to me than a 900 calorie cake.

Are you sure it's a meme?

Yeah, we are fat because we eat and sit too much. You don't have to shop at Whole Foods to be thin, I'm thin and used to be poor as fuck yet still managed not to eat garbage. Poor LAZY people go to McDonalds and rack up a 12 dollar bill order when you can certainly eat healthier with 12 bucks at a regular supermarket with some slightly intelligent shopping.

>mfw people drop the "I can make a healthy meal for [insert stupidly low price here]" meme near me
>"hurr durr look it's just potato and flour"
>they don't count the price of the spices and herbs
>they don't count the price of the oil/butter
>they don't count the deprecation of their kitchen
>they add some stupid ending remark like "just serve it with X and voila!", without counting X price
No, you're not eating like a prince for $4 a meal you delusional faggot

It's literally the reason though, shitty food is cheaper

>No, you're not eating like a prince for $4 a meal you delusional faggot
But he is, though. Herbs, spices and oil are costs you amortize over the month or two's worth of meals you use them for. They cost almost nothing when you're in a regular pattern of cooking. They only seem expensive to those who cook so rarely that they have to stock up on pantry basics every time they decide they're going to cook something. Same is true for fresh vegetables. They're cheap as fuck if you buy them and use them to make several meals. But if you buy them for one meal, then lazily let any remaining veggies go bad in your fridge before you get around to using them you're just burning your money.

>mods deleting the Joey thread
Embarrasing

Not like a prince, but, you can make some reasonably healthy food on a budget. I was broke in college and managed to stay thin and healthy. I didn't eat as much meat as much, but eggs, bean, oats, avocados, almonds. I agree spices can really add up, but just limit your selection to ones you'll use a lot of.

Joey threads are not relevant to Veeky Forums.
It was the right decision in order to preserve quality across the board.

Europeans, who think infants fought in ww2

Fuck off

>americans are obese because unhealthy food is too cheap
Get rid of corn subsidies and tax the hell out of meat and processed foods

What's wrong with meat? Also meat is already expensive.

>>americans are obese because healthy food is too expensive

FUN FACT:

Contrary to common stereotypes that poverty leads to obesity among blacks, recent CDC data shows that African Males actually tend to become fatter as they make more money.

>Contrary to common stereotypes that poverty leads to obesity among blacks, recent CDC data shows that African Males actually tend to become fatter as they make more money.

Poverty has no correlation with diet in the black community. Rich, poor, in between... they all eat junk food & soul food as their staple.

>>americans are obese because they are simply overfed

fyp

adjust for population change for a more meaningful chart you dipshit

Poor or rich... niggas gonna eat!

>recent CDC data shows that African Males actually tend to become fatter as they make more money.
That's what we should expect.

More wealth = ability to buy overpriced convenience food, such as fast food, which is correlated with excessive portion size and poor nutrition.

Less wealth = forces you to either eat very little, or to eat like a true pauper (i.e. making vegetable soup at home because that's all you can afford).

>ability to buy overpriced convenience food

lol fucking stop

was probably some cuck doing admin out of theater

Seriously, what's your problem with that?

I grew up honestly poor. So poor that if we took the family to McDonald's that was literally a week's worth of food budget. When you're that poor it is virtually impossible to get overweight. Not only can you not afford to buy very much food, but you are also forced to work for your food because you can't afford to buy it from a restaurant pre-made. If you want a meal then you have to get into the kitchen an make it. The combination of financial constraints and the time and effort required to cook more food to eat is a great means of keeping weight off.

OTOH when my parents made more money they started eating out more. not fancy places, but fast food. Now our diets consisted of a lot of shitty quality food. Large portions. And it was also zero effort to eat. Get a craving for junk food? Just go to the gas station or the local McD's and buy it whenever you want. It's very easy to over-eat in a situation like that. Not to mention nobody is expending any effort actually preparing food.

You can see this in global obesity trends too. The US was once the king of fat. Yet as other countries have followed the same lead and have greater wealth and wider access to convenience food their waistlines are expanding just as much, which is why the US is not at the top of the list anymore. Widely available junk food + enough wealth to afford to buy it is a recipe for obesity.

>when my parents made more money
let me guess, you got richer under Obama but then you voted Trump, right?

Thanks for laugh user

>Americans, who can't count to ten

Let's say you joined up in '43 aged 18. This year you would be around 91/92 years old. Unless you live in fucking Ethiopia, surviving to that age is well within the realms of possibility

Nah, I built up my business under Bush Jr. Obama made it a lot more difficult. I voted for no candidate for president in the most recent election because all options were horrific.

Also, you seem to have ignored my question. What is your problem with my statement exactly? You seem to have a hard time explaining it.

>cook pasta
>open can of tomato sauce
>mix well, add hard grated cheese
>wa-la

He just realized Hitler wasn't so bad compared to commies and zionist kikes.

americans are fat because of niggers and spics.