Today is day 2 of my water fast

I'm hungry.

Izzat really you in the pic? You might look better fat, seriously.

Drink some warm water. That will help you feel full.

You seriously think that happens to a human body after 1 day of not eating?

Why warm water?

>Why warm water?
Because I FUCKING SAID SO, do you need an explanation for EVERYTHING?

SHIT

How do you even get this fat?

I don't know what you looked like before, do I? Why the fuck do you post a pic of a total stranger in your thread about YOUR diet???

SHIT

>water fasting
FF a month
>OP is dead

Seriously are you so weak you cannot eat vegetables and chicken breast? Needless to say I don't recommend water fasting unless a doctor orders it to you. Best outcome is you'll survive but by the end of the week you'll be stuffing your fat face again with cheetos and four lokos.

Wise advice there senpai...

A lifetime of depression I assume. At least that's what my life has been like. Although I'm not fat like that any more, used to be 200lbs, now at 165, need to get down to 140 at some point by the end of the year. Not really doing water fast for the weight loss though, I want to experience its other benefits like having a clear mind.

Pic is for attention cause I'm an attention whore.

I will eat again on August 26th.

>Autist 26th
To celebrate Mayweather getting his ass stomped by McGregor? AWESOME

SHIT

It's you're

4loks are Gods nectar

>OP actually wasn't baiting

>starving giving you a clear mind
uh no, if anything starvation is one of the self-perpetuating mechanics of depression

he looks like a deflated balloon in both pics, what an unfortunate body

There's a liveleak video of a guy who had a stroke driving his car due to fasting without water. Have fun dipshit

I'm an actual boxing fan and I hate that this shitshow is overshadowing possibly the biggest fight of the decade in Canelo vs GGG.

Mayweather will win easily.

>uh no, if anything starvation is one of the self-perpetuating mechanics of depression
Hmm. I eat because I'm unhappy, I'm unhappy because I eat. It's a vicious cycle.

I'm wondering if a prolonged water fast would in some way take my mind completely off thinking about food. At the moment one of my biggest issues with weight loss is my view towards food. I think about it all the time. A few years back I lost about 50lbs over the course of like 12 months. I just never been able to get to a weight I want to though and now I gained about 15 back. I just want to see what happens. Hopefully I don't die from not eating for 12 days.

>Hopefully I don't die from not eating for 12 days.
famous last words

Haven't eaten in 15 days. Midnight tonight is 16.

Going for 40 total.

he was driving fast through water. that's not the same.

if I was going to only consume water for a month steam would be my preferred state. it would feel more filling and take much longer to eat.

Just do intermittent fasting 16/8. It's much more bearable that that shit you're doing

Why not fucking eat a bit and just fucking go for a walk for like 1 hour? You will burn the same amount of calories you've eaten and your stomach will feel full.

Do you seriously weigh 200lb and look like this?

I weigh ~220 and don't look nearly that flabby

SAGE.
>>>>>>/fit

That kindof fasting mst be really unhealthy. The fat cells double as safe deposit for a lot of nasty stuff, like chemicals and environmental poisons. if you lose weight that brutally that stuff leaches out into your blood stream faster than your liver can handle.

>I'm wondering if a prolonged water fast would in some way take my mind completely off thinking about food
No. I can't stop thinking about food. I browse Veeky Forums and stare at the most delicious food and it's driving me nuts. If I'm not talking about food I'm either looking at it or thinking about it.

However, you may find studies to show that breaking certain habits for 3+ weeks may inhibit them such as smoking or drinking. There may be something there worth exploring.

Exercising is more important than beating yourself up. If you can make a habit of going for walks regularly or a little bit of exercise, it off-sets a bunch of calories you'd otherwise accumulate.

PROTEIN

SPARING

MODIFIED

FAST

I do exercise. It's not that. Like I mentioned I lost a lot of weight in the past but then it stalled. I'm not really doing this for weight loss here, just want to see what else happens.

One of the things I believe that's stalled my weight loss is my job. I sit on my ass for 7 hours a day and I don't think an hour of cycling makes up for that. I was traveling last year and I went to New Zealand for 2 months. I became the fittest in my whole life, I think I weighed like 145lbs, my pants were falling off my ass, lost my gut, I had so much energy, and I wasn't even eating healthy food as I mostly camped and resorted to eating peanut butter sandwiches and random snacks all the time. What made me lose weight was me hiking for 4-7 hours a day 2/3 of the days I was there. It wasn't even that physically demanding but very much prolonged.

No, I didn't look like this and after weight loss I didn't look like this either although I do have a little bit excess skin, not even that noticeable actually.

Fasting is quite a miserable experience. Just be sure about your reasons for going so long without eating. Be sure to have some fresh clean water to drink because tap water smells like poison desu.

Yeah I have a filter in my fridge at home and filtered water available in the office. I just need to force myself to drink more.

It unironically gets easier late on day 3 and into day 4. Day 2 was the hardest for me. Then after that it is actually not that bad.

It was pretty bad yesterday at the end of the day, today is not so bad so far but then again I don't usually eat at work anyways so I will probably be starving once I get back home.

Yeah the biggest lesson I learned fasting is that hunger comes in waves. Maybe that's obvious to everyone else, but it wasn't to me. So now when I feel hungry and I shouldn't be eating, I know if I wait another half hour or so the hunger will pass.

Also your body seems to remember feeding times, to your point. So yes, you'll likely get hungry tonight.

I had trouble sleeping also at first, which is likely because of the fight or flight response (giving me energy to go hunt rather than sleep).

this is my body when I was at my fattest, and I really don't know how you get any bigger than that. I wasn't doing any exercise to speak of, I had an office job, I was eating cake and snacks all day long, over ate at every meal and was eating high octane shit, lots of sugar salt and fat, and that's as big as I could get.

I'm convinced it actually takes work to get morbidly obese, because despite my gross negligence to my health the worst I managed to get was just kinda dumpy

Fasting for 1-3 days is actually medically useful to do a metabolic reset at the beginning of a diet. Hell, even a 12-24 hour fast will jump start ketosis, from there you can more easily manage hunger and be more reasonable about caloric intake depending on how out of whack your insulin levels were from soda and junk food. I agree that very long fasts are potentially dangerous without medical supervision. You can fuck up your electrolytes and pass out from hypotension. Most people forget to eat salt.

fasting is dumb... a human can easily eat 10k calories in one sitting and make up whatever they've burned by fasting.

Take lots of sleeping pills & hit the treadmill.

You were still morbidly obese but you weren't ham planet yet.

I fast and don't consider it really a weight loss thing but rather a cleansing and spiritual ritual, but I do lose weight and it's very hard to eat 10k calories in one sitting, especially after fasting (actually you need to introduce food slowly after a long fast, even after a short one putting a big meal right on is a big mistake)

>That body
I still would, senpai

300 pounder here that just started a diet.
You know how you see really fat people and wonder how the fuck they got like that? Well I saw the signs in myself of thinking it was just normal to get fatter.
>huh my shirt won't stay tucked in any more must need to get bigger ones
I realized that was going to be the start of me getting even fatter so I decided to lose weight and turns out it's easy as fuck.

First week I ate normally but counted calories. It quickly became natural to decide not to eat because I knew I would have to log it and feel fat about it. Second week I tried to actively stay under the calorie budget my app set up for me. Third week I am trying to exercise as much as feels right but not use the calories burned as extra I can eat.

2.5 weeks in I'm down 12 pounds and everything I'm doing feels sustainable. I've always hated fat people and now in a few months I won't even be a hypocrite for it.

>To celebrate Mayweather getting his ass stomped by McGregor?
McGregor can't even outbox Diaz.

Just snort crystal meth desu. I lost 15 pounds in a month with only 2 grams of effort.

I did 30 days of water fast and lost a lot of weight. You can do it OP!

I'm doing another one to get to my goal weight and then going to use fasting as a tool to maintain my weight in the future because it's much easier than other methods of weight loss.

Hogwash

that dude's stomach looks like a pizza dough being stretched out

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll ask here: Is Oyakodon a decently healthy diet meal? The only questionable ingredients seem to be soya sauce and sugar, but they're being used in moderation so it seems fine.

Im on day 22 my dude

How you feeling? How do you deal with the headaches?

It's not better or worse than most foods. It's mosly carbs so eat in moderation.

How old are you? the metabolism really slows down after 25, then you will fucking balloon if you were already chubby before.

The only shit thing about fasting is, that your hair will fall out.

Enjoy ban

I thought that episode of House was cool too

Mine sped up in my mid twenties. Grew up chubby, but now that I'm active I eat six fully dressed goose sandwiches and big helpings of fried plantains every day, and also custard.

is this what american's consider normal?

>day 2
>already bitching and whining

I went 10 days without one bite to eat, Only water.

When you start standing up and fainting because of low blood sugar, you can complain

I have a really bad headache since waking up today on Day 3 so there's that. I'm not really complaining desu. Supposedly it gets better after a few days of this, I'm strapping in for a wild ride.

did a 29 day water fast, you will not really have a clear mind. you will be relatively low energy and you will be engulfed in food fantasies for quite a while. that being said, it was a challenge and I don't regret it. the only real benefit really is weight loss and knowing you have the will-power to do such a thing, which is nice. everything else about it kind of sucked.

my advice: when it's over, keep obsessing over your weight when you're finished fasting. check it every morning after you pee/go to the bathroom. you will more than likely have to adjust your portion sizes for a while to keep yourself from gaining it all back.

Cheers for this. Any other advice? How often should I keep drinking water?

I thought you were supposed to drink some broth or something at least

>200 lbs
>fat

You manlette
Lift some weights

Day 6 here.
Nearly fainted in the shower yesterday. Vision went dark, heart was racing, breathing heavy.

Not all the fasting though. I have naturally low blood pressure and become light headed very easily.

>stuffing your fat face again with cheetos and four lokos

mmm... replace it with Chex Mix Bold and that's a great idea

Eat food you asshole
Why are you doing this?

But he didn't faint, he's fine

That's not what manlet refers to, newfag.
Lurk moar.

People like you need to be under supervision when doing fasts like this. You don't want anything serious to actually happen to you, not worth it.

You need food to live, and living is everything.

If you're fat, deal with it. If you're insane, deal with it. Smoke some weed. Your mind and body are connected in ways you can't detect.

I said manlette, as in an omelette made of semen

Not fat I've just chosen to take intermittent fasting to an extreme.
I follow a 6/1 diet with 6 days of fasting and 1 of eating.

The health problems are starting to make themselves apparent though. So I'm probably going to start making a protein shake on my fast days.

Stop defending your own fatness, this method is proven to work

What's your goal though?

well on average about 2-3 liters of water per day. also don't take any vitamins or supplements. they won't do anything without food, in fact, I took some for a couple days and I'm pretty positive that's what made me sick to my stomach and gave me diarrhea for an hour or so.

the food craving didn't really get better for me either. especially when I have to cook for my family. that was a nightmare having to taste-test and spit it out. only other piece of advice is just start with very small portions for about 2 days, then maybe get a little protein in on the third day. but like I said keep your portions small for a while and keep watching your weight in the morning. your weight fluctuates a LOT during the day so don't pay as much attention to that. the reason you want to do it in the morning is because overnight you're giving your body time to digest everything, so after you get up, take a piss to lose that extra water-weight, weigh yourself. it's a good baseline to look at every day.

I'll say one more thing, after a while of eating really clean food, and after being on the fast, I craved those clean foods, and I almost completely lost my cravings for junk. I still have some every now and then but for the most part it's just not what I crave anymore. don't let anyone tell you you're going to gain the weight back immediately. just keep an eye on it and eat appropriately. you don't want to be 200+ again, and neither did I.

find a couple healthy snacks too, by the way. ones you can nibble on through the day while because your portions will be kind of small for a while. mine was watermelon and cantaloupe. I bought a fuck ton and sliced them up and sprinkled them with a little salt. so damn good.

T H I R S T Y

I'm not really worried about the weight gain. After losing 50 or so pounds and then gaining back some to where I am now (165) I almost can't gain any more weight. It's been about 3 years since I lost the 50 pounds and my weight has fluctuated from 150 to 165. I feel like I should weigh somewhere around 140, maybe even 135 but I've not been able to drop below 150. Maybe this will change something but like I mentioned above, I'm not really doing this specifically for weight loss, just hoping for some mental reprieve associated with food.

At the same time I've gone through periods recently where I was depressed and ate a ton of junk food and still not gone over 165 so I don't think I will go back to weighing 200 ever again. I need to hit the gym though to see the best results, most of my exercise has been cardio based.

>acid reflux
>low energy
>acetate in mouth

you're gonna die you fucking idiot
just exercise regularly don't eat shit and control your portions holy fuck

Whenever I fast I get really nauseous like I'm about to puke. Thats normal right?

yup