Alfredo

Why the fuck am I so fucking bad at making Alfredo sauce, I'm a decent chef and can make most pasta dishes with ease but fucking Alfredo every. fucking. time. Something has to go wrong, I follow the exact recipe instructions and it still goes wrong every fucking time, it normally ends up as a parmigiano mac and cheese and nothing near the flavor or consistency of alfredo, How am I this fucking g awful at makiNguyen something this fucking simple please fucking help. like look at this fucking beautiful but simple pasta dish. but I still can't fucking get alfredo

>cant even turn a picture
youre not a very talented guy after all I guess

Alfredo is dead simple to make. most restaurants make it to order because it's quick and easy.

get a couple tablespoons of butter melted and add some garlic if thats your style. if it is. cook it on med to med-low heat for a minute or two

before it browns add like 6 oz of heavy cream or half and half. if you use half and half, you'll want to boil it some to evaporate some of the liquid. add some white or black pepper and add like two tablespoons of parm or parm/ramano blend. stir to fully incorporate it. and it's done.
if your using heavy cream add the cheese when it starts to simmer.

don't add to much cheese

I like mine mixed with red sauce. it makes the best chicken parms and meatball subs and chicken parm sandwiches

How are we supposed to help you if you don't describe your procedure or tell us specifically what the problem is?

Here's how I make it:
-equal parts butter and heavy cream in a saucepan. Simmer for a little while until some of the moisture is cooked out and it thickens a bit.
-Whisk in grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese. Accept no substitutes; imitation "parmesan flavored food product" will not work.
-Season to taste with a little nutmeg and lots of black pepper. You will probably not need to add any salt since the cheese is already salty.

And that's it. Super simple.

t. america

I make mine with cream cheese, it's a heart attack waiting to happen but I only make it once every few months

Stick of butter
1/2 cups of heavy cream (more if you choose)
1/2 cup milk
As much parm as you see fit
Garlic powder to taste
Black pepper to taste

Wisk alot and add cheese to taste, not to difficult

Mean 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream

>Alfredo is dead simple to make. most restaurants make it to order because it's quick and easy.
This. Making an order of Alfredo was my second assignment on my first day as a line cook; after thawing a block of shrimp and before breading and frying an order of tendies

Has anyone ever tried greek yogurt in their sauce? I've seen some recipes for it around and I'm curious.

I remember you. Hi ImamoronandIputcreamcheeseinalfredo guy!

No. Why would I put a greek product in an Italian dish? And who the fuck thinks that the acidic taste of yogurt works in Alfredo? That makes no sense at all. Sounds like some kind of shitty facebook mom recipe inspired by the recent greek yogurt trend.

I remember you, the nigger who uses ketchup and pasta noodles and calls it marinara sauce. How's Compton

Alfredo is the new carbonara.

>Italian-American 'food'

pig disgusting, have removed all of the authenticity and subtlety from Italian food.

Is this "americanized" Italian cuisine

>Take fat
>Mix with more fat, simmer
>Add yet another portion of even more fat (cheese)

Geee, I wonder what could possibly be the cause of that obesity epidemic

Nah, I've never posted a marinara recipe here.

The trick is to make sure your cream is boiling before whisking in your cheese.

Not like that authentico dinner you had at Olive Garden last night, is it?

I don't get why people can get so upset if their foods get adopted, but also a bit tweaked to local preferences. Your original recipe isn't gone, it's just not how the people across the sea like it.

So, fuck them, they're across the sea anyway. They probably wouldn't like the way you make a hamburger. Big deal.

>Is this "americanized" Italian cuisine

Nope.

Italian food is poverty tier, and northern Italian uses a lot of combinations of butter, cheese, and cream over pasta or gnocchi, because that's about all they had at times.

The original Italian "alfreddo" is nothing more than pasta tossed with butter and cheese, and is little different to a lot of other Italian dishes.

The OP is just a giant dumb ass.

Find another recipe. The fault might lie there.