What is the best asian food and why it is indian?

what is the best asian food and why it is indian?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3537652/Swindon-takeaway-chef-prepared-food-wiping-bottom-bare-hands-doesn-t-use-toilet-paper-cultural-reasons.html
hindustantimes.com/delhi-news/delhi-he-offered-to-pay-if-they-used-public-toilet-they-beat-him-to-death-instead/story-qicMfDJFG4RGbhshyK6JVO.html
mospi.nic.in/sites/default/files/publication_reports/Swachhta_Status_Report 2016_17apr17.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You couldn't pay me to eat whatever that shit is he's offering.

I wouldn't say Indian is the best necissarily, but yeah, the 3rd-word stuff is always top tier.

Why? When you don't have a lot of infastructure then your only option is fresh-as-fuck. Also you don't have any corporate franchise with their big money to advertise for you or clean up the mess when someone gets sick. The vendors are forced to compete based on quality and service, not the latest advertising tie-in with the new disney movie & its accompanying toys.

They also wipe their asses with their hands.

Don't be a baby, street food is the best food in the world

Wow, poop jokes. Sure is 3rd grade in here.

Except it's true. No way would I eat street food in a major city in India. Even Indians will admit that the place is a pig sty.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3537652/Swindon-takeaway-chef-prepared-food-wiping-bottom-bare-hands-doesn-t-use-toilet-paper-cultural-reasons.html
how does it feel to act like a smug cunt and be proven wrong?

Orgasm Tier:
>Malaysia
>Indonesia

Top Tier:
>Thailand
>Japan
>China

Great Tier:
>Vietnam
>India

Good Tier:
>Korea
>Pakistan
>Nepal
>Brunei

Mediocre Tier:
>Laos
>Cambodia
>Myanmar

Shit Tier:
>Mongolia
>Philippines

I traveled extensively around Asia and consider Asian food to be by far the best in the world.

I'm not ranking anything west of Pakistan as I believe it's vastly different, Arab food is very good though.

It's certainly true that SOME Indians might do that, but it's a silly and inaccurate assertion that it's universal behavior. Hence my distaste at the "lol poop" jokes that get posted the moment anyone ever mentions India, ever.

>dailymail
Didn't even bother reading, cunt

>but it's a silly and inaccurate assertion that it's universal behavior
yeah, true, but they're working on weeding out the ones who don't do it.
hindustantimes.com/delhi-news/delhi-he-offered-to-pay-if-they-used-public-toilet-they-beat-him-to-death-instead/story-qicMfDJFG4RGbhshyK6JVO.html

good list

Requesting webm of the surly king of the egg fortress.

It doesn't have to be universal to be a problem. Everyone should be performing basic sanitation. Why don't Indians seem to get this?

>came back with 15 to 20 people and beat him to death with iron knuckles and rocks wrapped in towels

DAMN LOOS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS

>It doesn't have to be universal to be a problem.

I agree. Nothing wrong with discussing the issue, but let's leave the poop jokes aside.

>> Everyone should be performing basic sanitation. Why don't Indians seem to get this?
I've actually read a lot about it. Most of them do get it. But there are many (mainly older and/or people from rural areas with poor access to information) who cling to old beliefs that it is unclean to defecate inside your home. The idea of having an indoor toilet is horrific to them because they believe that you shouldn't be doing that inside the house at all. Of course, with modern knowledge of microbiology and sanitation we know better, but good luck convincing some uneducated villager of that.

can you guys fuck off and go back to /int/? No one wants your memes here

>When you don't have a lot of infastructure then your only option is fresh-as-fuck.

Or alternatively spoiled food which is coated in spice to mask the rot

How do you expect to stay in business as a street vendor if you make your customers sick? Remember, you don't have some big ass corporate entity advertising for you. All you have is word-of-mouth. You're fucked if you make your customers sick so you have strong incentive not to. Much more so than the stoner teenager working at McDonald's.

>how much poo do you want in your meal?
I will never eat anything a Pajeet makes as long as I live.

You stay in business because your target audience has been eating the same spoiled food for all their lives and can tolerate it, the weak have already died or learn not to eat there

Having not been raised on eating literal shit I wouldn't trust my digestive system with that.

And I don't mean that in a condescending way, I'm sure it tastes great, it's just that I'm not gambling that my digestive system can handle whatever is in there.

>indians don't use toilets

It's the same tired, worn out shit you see on this board where faggots imply koreans eat dog nowadays. Yet if they went to korea, they would have an extremely difficult time finding a restaurant that served dog. If they offered enough money to an old taxi driver he might take them to one and it will be very small and have a few impotent old men eating it in the hope it will make them have an erection again.

If you want to talk about Indian food, why don't you just do that OP? Do you feel boxed-in by chan memes?

>eating the same spoiled food for all their lives and can tolerate it
That's absurd. There is no "getting used to" food that is honestly spoiled in the true sense of the word.

I think you're confusing Traveler's Diarrhea with actual spoiled food. It's very common for someone who travels elsewhere to have digestive issues. That's not because of food that's actually spoiled in the true sense of the word, rather it's simply that the foods are different than what your gut bacteria are used to handling. The same thing happens when people make major changes to their diet, like suddenly going low-carb, vegetarian/vegan, or reverting back from those diets to something else. That's not the same thing as serving honestly spoiled food.

>India is the country with the highest number of people practicing open defecation, around 490 million people. This is 47 percent of the population

Sorry, but the numbers don't lie.

>what is the best asian food
From what I've had personally, I'd say Chinese food. No, I'm not talking about Americanized Chinese. Beijing/Shanghai had some of the best foods I've ever eaten in my travels.

This

whot did yu just says to me u bloody basted muda fucka

>poo in the stew

they wipe with left hand.. so as long a they cook with right it's fine

Because that hint of feces makes all the difference

What the fuck is Korean cuisine? Whenever I google a dish from a Korean restaurant it says it's a "Japanese dish". Do they just appropriate everything from Japan?

They don't really have any "korean" cuisine. They just have their own korean version of typical Asian dishes

Which is to put Kimchi on everything and call it a day?

>2017
>Acting like any other news source is any more respectable than the daily mail
Please suggest a more legitimate news site so we can laugh at you

Makes you wonder how loos got the poo throne and not africans. [spoiler]EAT DA POO POO

>India is the country with the highest number of people practicing open defecation, around 490 million people. This is 47 percent of the population

Nice sourcing, faggot. I can say that 80% of americans don't remove their feces, blood and urine coated shoes before entering their residence, but it doesn't make it true since it's actually 98%.

Koreans arent very prevalent in the US and basically non-existent in the EU, so most asian restaurants that advertise "korean" are run by shady chinks that serve all asian styles.

Breitbart or Fox.

Quit crying rajeesh, we all know you people shit in the street openly.

We don't have blood, shit, and urine coated shoes because we don't shit in the fucking street.

I know about the shady behind every type of asian cuisine but I don't see anything that distinguishes Korean cuisine from Japanese (seems like a copy).

Ttongsul.

I mean all asian countries steal everything from each other, so there's a lot of similarities.
Japanese dishes tend to be very brothy and have lots of shit in them, korean dishes tend to have no broth or if they do its lightly seasoned. Plus the banchan, and a lesser emphasis on fish replaced with a greater emphasis on chicken and pork.
Jjapchae, korean bbq, and mulnaengmyeon are things that spring to mind for me. It's common for most meals to be served hot-pot style where everybody takes and serves from one central thing, which isnt as common in japanese dishes.

Bibimbap is also distinctly korean, and things like potato pancakes.
And of course, kimchi.

Oh and be sure to just glob a shitload of gochujang into everything that you want to be spicy.

Jjigae is another good example of korean food.

Indonesia that high, maybe but Malaysian, no way.

>Vietnamese above Nepal and Korea
Maybe if you loooove the taste of anise

>Nice sourcing, faggot.
mospi.nic.in/sites/default/files/publication_reports/Swachhta_Status_Report 2016_17apr17.pdf

This is literally from the Indian government.

It's all them feces

Kimchi I guess

speaking of which, i dont think ive ever had nepalese food before

There are some cultural cuisines that aren't worth preserving. Nepalese food(and half of the rest of Asian food) is such a thing- it's food and it worked for the nepalese but it's not enjoyable enough to compete even on the principal of being unique. In practical terms, French cuisine is the peak success of opposing food cultures and virtually anybody worth their space in a kitchen understands that on some level. I'm not just hating on Asia either, Russia, Norway, America and more also have some food culture that's simply not worth preserving.

Christ you people are determined to be ignorant. Spices historically have been more expensive than meant, even spoiled, until the last 80 years or so. Spicy food originated in equatorial places because that's where hot peppers grow. That's it.

Korean food is THE BEST.

Is that all the food in corea?

fuck you man in Nepal I loved dem spicy curried breakfast potatoes. Dal baat was shit though.

Momo's are A+ too, even if they may technically be tibetan.

More hygienic than sharting in the mart though.
Really makes you think.....

>Dal baat was shit though

you're just proving my point

Why are lower caste Indians so fucking averse to using toilets? I know about that toilet witch meme thing but it can't be just superstition.

kimchi and gochujang

POOPY

Perfect example of clueless foreigners talking about a foreign cuisine they tried a few times in their life

Pro tip: just don't open your mouth if you're not sure about what you're talking about.

asians have slanty eyes, no tits and use soysauce
indians aren't asians
its like how tomatoes are technically a fruit, but they're a culinary vegetable

look at the url at the top retard.

i've only resently started eating indian food but i really, really like it, so far i've tried tandoori, butter chicken and vindaloo(my personal favorite) what are some other "indian places" staples that i should try?

>Bibimbap
had this in a korean restaurant. has to be one the most underwhelming, lazy and boring dishes i have ever tasted. it was rice, some veggies, some pieces of meat and egg. all unseasoned. yeah, i know you're supposed to season it yourself, but imo the results you achieve are still not satisfying enough to keep it from being a forgettable dish. granted, from looking at google search for bibimbap, you can put way more ingredients in there than what i was served, but i fail to see what's so impressive about a bunch of random unseasoned ingredients being thrown together in a clay pot.

we have a similar dish in my country and it is considered something you make when you have a bunch of random ingredients left over that you can't make a different meal from. i'd take that over bibimbap any day because it's actually rich in flavor and some effort was put in something besides presentation

i'm not any of them but why don't you elaborate a bit you stupid fucking shitposting cunt? what good is your post if you just shit on everybody and claim superior knowledge on the topic? fucking waste of bandwith, your post isn't better than any of theirs was. actually it might be worse because at least their posts had content, unlike yours. even if it was wrong content. which you could have exposed it for but instead you went with being a condescending shitposting nigger. hate people like you

palaat paneer
goan fish curry
Dahi Puri

Don't worry I hate you too

If he tried to actually put forth anything useful, it would expose him to possible criticism if he were wrong. It's called the birdshit maneuver. Poops from the sky and flies off squawking about his superiority.

bibimbap is really fun to say though

I am Korean and I never liked Bibimbap either. Well, I kinda like it, but it's not something to write home about. Not sure why it became marketed as a """"national dish""""" It really began as a mix of leftover banchan plus egg and some sauces.

>bibimbap
>underwhelming, lazy and boring dishes

it sounds like you just had bad bibimbap. My local Korean restaurant and has a regular bibimbap and a spicy squid bibimbap. In both cases, the rice & protein are wonderfully seasoned, and the rest of the ingredients are there to add texture and additional flavor. They serve it with gochujang and other garnishments, but the bowl itself is scrumptious.

Maybe you should try new foods more than once instead of assuming a single sample is representative or that your experience is universal. You know what, since you're obviously just a contrarian NEET, just do us all a favor and neck yourself, mate.

Are you guys really implying that Veeky Forums is NOT a board full of clueless people talking about foreign cuisines that they have little to no idea about?

huh, so the origin of the dishes is technically the same. interesting
>contrarian
contrarian to what?

>take shit in toilet that hundred of people have urinated, vomited, and shat in. The toilet most likely does not get properly cleaned on an hourly basis

OR squat over ground in natural shitting position and won't splatter toilet water on your buttchecks

Because they shit on the streets (designated shitting streets) and the beaches and in the fields and anywhere but a toilet and then use dirty water and there hand to wipe there asses.

lol @ the french cuisine being special. this is a white lie

>a white lie
so it's okay?

Said the guy whose never been to India only to realise you have to be an indian guy with a stomach made of steel to eat over half of anything sold outside.
Theres amazing street food in india but most of it is cooked so unsanitary and with such dirty wter that you have to be used to it.

Singapore on the other hand, plenty of malls with street food stalls,all clean, all delicious, one even with 2 michelin stars, some chicken and rice stall.

all in all, fuck India man, never going back, except when I want the strongst weed i have ever smoked, looks like brick weed, hits you like one tho.

I like my bread served from the garbage bag.

>Shit Tier:
>>Mongolia
This faggot never had Mongolian BBQ or soup

>Indian
>lots of different 'curries'
>All taste the same
>Best curries were invented by british people

hmm

you know they use soap to wash their hands after that right? and in their culture it's seen as unclean to use your left (wiping) hand to touch any food

>why it is indian?
>indian
dont worry its not you fucking faggot

>brits
>best at any food
Now you have gone full retard.

>Singapore
Really that place where drugs are a punishable by death
And getting caned is a normal punishment for infractions

I Love the idea but the people must be shit to allow the overbearing laws to stand and
Too stupid to realize life is too short amd meant for more than just work but also living

By all accounts, Singapore is a wonderful place to visit. Benevolent dictatorships have always been the ideal form of government; the problem is when the dictator dies his successor isn't as benevolent or capable.

if they all taste the same how are the ones made by brits better?

>By all accounts, Singapore is a wonderful place to visit. Benevolent dictatorships have always been the ideal form of government; the problem is when the dictator dies his successor isn't as benevolent or capable.
Fuck off

You have been drinking that shit again and your sick baby

I don't have a baby.

>muh drugs
>muh white god syndrome
/trv/ shithead detected, you're mad that you can't get drunk and projectile vomit all over a clean sidewalk without consequences and you're double mad that an uppity slant-eye had the gall to tell YOU what you can and can't do

If you think being asked to behave with basic respect for others is "overbearing shit laws" you deserve caning. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a dirtbag getting what dirtbags deserve

Have my babies you priceless artifact of a user

this. fucking hate britbong tourists coming here.

India has a major sanitation problem. Much more than Bangladesh and Nepal

>trying to break down the common usage of term asian meaning only northeastern asian to help muh refugees evade cultural judgement via conflation

Personally I think Japanese food is doubleplus good, it's hard to commit wrongthink after some fine sashimi. I wonder what the Inner Party likes to eat?

You, do know that Mongolian BBQ is actually Chinese food, right? I'm assuming you're trolling but this is a perfectly written one so congrats on that.

Why not? Penang food is considered the best in Asia by many people. My Indonesian friend went there recently for a week just to eat. Fish head curry is orgasm tier on it's own.

Vietnamese food is really good though. It's not just pho. I personally think that Viet bbq is the best in Asia (not counting roasted pork from Bali or Philippines which are on their own level). Banh xeo is also amazing.