Why are vegans so awful?

Why are vegans so awful?

I understand ethical vegetarianism, there's still lots of delicious food options that can be accessed humanely.

Having your own chickens, buying milk from small farms where cows are free range, etc

Vegan food bar dessert is always trash, and vegans do nothing but attack non vegans while being hypocrites wearing sweat shop clothing and taking medication.

It's because the vocal ones are angry and just want to argue with people. The ones who do it because they actually just want to prevent suffering to animals usually don't talk about it unless you ask. It's okay to be angry about the way some animals are treated but a lot of vegans don't see the hypocrisy of treating people the way they claim non-vegans treat animals. I've literally seen vegans laugh at people who are suffering from a disease spread by ticks that makes them allergic to read meat. They were revelling in human suffering while acting like they're putting a stop to suffering.

Really vegans and vegetarians mostly just speak out against animal cruelty and the conditions we raise and slaughter animals in. Those are the legit ones.

The asshole ones get in your face and call you a bad person for ordering chicken wings. Those people can fuck fuck, but I think the former argument is actually legit and like OP said...alternative, humane (if that's applicable) and altruistic options are available.

PETA thinks it should be illegal for you to own animals or exploit their labour, the same kind of 89IQ fuckwits who actually believe in communism.

You'll find vegans are always leftists, whereas with vegetarians or prscatarians it's a mixed bag.

Fuck off, /pol/

>vegans do nothing but attack non vegans
None of the vegans I know do this, and I work with a few.

Don't worry about it for too much longer, the idea of veganism will be pointless once lab-grown meat is available. Then it'll switch to lab-grown meat eaters vs animal meat eaters. Think ahead and get ready for that, veganism is dying.

vegetarians lack the animal protein to really get mad about anything.

vegetarians still eat animal protein

>Friend goes Vegan
>We're hanging out, decide to order food
>She gets a plain salad as the places that deliver don't have anything else vegan friendly
>I order a meatball sub, she says it looks gross when I unpack it, whatever.
>Eat half, go to take a piss and come back
>Other half of sub gone, she threw it away says that much meat and cheese is bad for you.
>I kick her out, block her in everything, end friendship there

I know in her twisted mind she thought she was doing my a favor but that just outright set me off.

Eggs are vegetarian and one of the best protein sources.

I don't understand that kind of thinking. It's like they act like meat is something evil where they'd rather throw it away than eat it, even if they didn't pay for it. The animal was already killed (and throwing it into the trash disrespects the animal) but throwing it away means that you now have to eat more plants which means more animals will be killed harvesting those plants. It's crazy.

That's not a friend. That's a psycho.

She was making a point. That is obviously enough of a justification for wasting meat and pissing all over your friendship.

I am seriously trying to contain a lot of dry heaves just by looking at that picture.

I'm guessing it was supposed to be like a yogurt substitute but that's basically mayo and honey mustard on pears. Sounds awful.

Hence why I de-friended them.

you should have went and got another sub with extra meat

I know that it is said that eggs are vegetarian, but how does that make any sense?

Right. But that kind of behavior was not because she was vegan, it was because she was a crazy self-righteous bitch who doesn't expect her actions to have consequences.
Many vegetarians eat animal products as long as you don't have to kill the animal to get them. Eggs and dairy are two common examples. Honey is another.

fuck off, /pol/

Mad leftists spotted

>bring up politics for no reason on a food & cooking board so you can interject your beliefs
>"fuck off"
>"LOL U MAD LEFTY?"
I dislike extreme leftists too but you're kind of a twat

/pol/ spreading political bullshit to all other boards has made Veeky Forums even more cancerous than the newfag influx did.

I just wanna discuss food, technology, and video games without this bullshit ruining threads.

Veganism is THE an-fascist diet. I think YOU need to go back to ribbit, cuckboy

>_____spotted
You are an uncreative human being.

Would have thrown her in the fucking dumpster.

It's the holier-than-thou egotism.

So does everyone else except for the handful of retarded sturmfaggots and drumpftards that continually post self reinforcing /pol/tard threads on all boards. A metastisized cancer that needs nuked. They've even tried to infest /out/ lately. /pol/ should be scratched.

>antivenin

It's a technical term for specific strains of antivenom (according to Google, which took all of 10 seconds to use (i know that's more effort than you're used to..))

You were right to de-friend them, but I think you could have done better in punishing that sort of behavior. Since they wasted half a sub, you could have bought another fresh sub, eaten it, and then pointed out to them that there would have been less animal protein being consumed had they not decided to throw it into the trash. Therefore, by their own actions, they have caused suffering to animals. Then end the friendship.

I don't really understand ethical veganism or vegetarianism. They devote so much time and energy to a cause that helps animals when they could be helping disadvantaged people. And then they have this whole food elitism air about them which is wildly classist. I think people who do it for health or cultural/religious reasons are better.

You always post these but has anybody ever tried these terrible recipes

>a cause that helps animals
Plenty of vegans don't give a fuck about "helping animals". For quite a few it's a matter of the environment, sustainability health concerns or simply not trusting that industrially produced animal products are really all that safe to eat.
>this whole food elitism air about them which is wildly classist
Putting yourself on a special diet of your choosing is a luxury. Then again so is going out for a steak. But I get it. Most vegans I know are a little wealthier and better educated than the national average. But I don't think that's what pisses people off about them. I think it's that being vegan is seen as such a rejection of the American die (centered so heavily on beef and dairy) that is seems like a rejection of traditional American values. Which I'm sure it is in many cases. But making a show of that rejection pisses off some of those who embrace such values. They become for a lot of people symbols of the Other in America's Culture War.

You mad cuz I picked you like a nose, cunt

"Ethical" vegans are sociopaths who misplace the empathy they should have for people onto animals.
You don't try to understand sociopaths. You just avoid them.

That's just fucking rude, I can't believe someone would actually do that. You were definitely right to kick her out.

>Vegan food bar dessert is always trash

Fake meat and cheese, sure, but there are plenty of vegetable dishes that are very good.

I tried being vegan, but I just couldn't do it past a week. A combination of the stereotypes and not being able to eat anything with animal products put an end to it.

People who think like her are the kind of people who would burn down a forest so you use recycled paper only.

That would have been doing her a favor, that's where they keep all the vegan bread and food that lasts for months.

But eggs are baby chicken abortions or some bullshit.

Better, buy another sub, and throw half of it away.
Now she is wasting meat by proxy.

You think good. You don't belong here.

Get the fuck out of here with that picture. OP you are a fucking retard if you think more than a handful of vegans have actually tried that awful idea.

You are the cancer of Veeky Forums

Chickens and ducks lay eggs constantly, regardless of whether or not they've been fertilized. More like a period than an abortion.

I'm trying to think like one of those crazy vegans.
Or PETA

Wait, do you think miracle whip is vegan?

Why? You either choose to eat a plant based diet or you don't, for a variety of reasons. Very few people based on what PETA has to say.

Vegans typically don't respect PETA.

Put aside chicken living conditions, the other vegan problem against eggs is that they are a product of death. Even backyard chickens. For every egg-laying hen that is born, you also have a useless male chick being born and subsequently thrown into a shredder. Personally I think it is obscene.

Vegetarians are often the butt of the joke in the vegan community because many have given up meat for ethical reasons but blindly look past the issue of eggs & milk. By deliberately avoiding moral consistency they are in a sense worse than omnivores who live in ignorance (or who don't care about animal suffering unless it's a puppy).

Fuck, I knew I forgot to buy a chicken shredder when I started raising chickens...
I still kill the chickens for the eggs, but a shredder would be so much faster.

There's a grey area where adoption of a female hen for your backyard is fine. But if you bought it that would not be vegan (ie. paying money that indirectly kills male chicks). It's the same as pets (adoption is fine, buying is not).

>(or who don't care about animal suffering unless it's a puppy)
Bitch give me a puppy I'll have lunch.