Hello and welcome to /beer/

hello and welcome to /beer/
i like this beer

Other urls found in this thread:

ratebeer.com/beer/country/japan/105/
tokyogigguide.com/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its a nice beer that lad

I'm about to drink some cucumber sour in a sec. Not sure if drainpour yet.

What are you doing? It's not stout season

Oh.
Ohhhhhh....

Tastes exactly how I thought it would.

I just turned 21, what beers should I try? Currently drinking pic related, It's alright, aftertastes is a little on the harsh end though.

i do what i want, alright pal?

I heard beer tastes like piss is this true

Dont call me pal, Friend.

I like this beer.

You fell for the liquid Jew.

retard

love voodoo ranger ipa.
I was getting 12 bottles for $11 during a sale at my local store. It's still 12 for $12 now I oughta get some more.

Samuel Smiths Chocolate Stout is pretty good. If you're ever in PA try Wyndridge Farm's Chocolate Vanilla porter.

>another IPA thread
You guys are pathetic.

This is my favorite beer

maybe i have bad tastebuds or have just been drinking piss my whole life, but has there ever been a beer that stood out to you as delicious or had a distinctively nice taste? they all taste far too similar to me

i think the nicest one i tried was Fürstenberg

>milk coffee chocolate vanilla oatmeal stout
>not milk coffee chocolate vanilla oatmeal cream stout
Discarded.

I have no idea how my local pub got hold of this. Very obscure style from Franconia, tastes heavenly, like a charcuterie in a bottle.

On the subject of hard liquors, has anyone here tried extra-strong ales like Samuel Adams' Utopias, Sink the Bismarck, or Double Bastard?

Füchschen

Jesus fucking Christ. Here in Canacuckistan people would laugh in your face if you asked where they kept the local brews for a dollar a bottle. You're paying at least $3 a bottle for something like what you replied to, most likely more. Some of those memebrews are like $5 for a bottle of that size. Granted this is in my Monopoly money, but still.

For a $10 dollar 6 pack from walmart it's an alright beer, it's also my first IPA so there's that.

Old Rasputin if you want to go into maximum overdrive

>charcuterie
>obscure style
>probably the largest brewery in vermont makes it too
>wanting to drink meat
Yeah i'll take a glass of blended bacon,seltzer, and vodka, that sounds appetizing.

thanks folks, I'll report back on the ones I can find.

step aside, posting the only good ipa in this thread

i've wasted over a decade of my life shitposting on Veeky Forums. i've seen everything, and the only thing to really ellicit a strong response from me are jack webms. i fucking hate that guy so fucking much.

Orpheus makes better IPAs but high lie is pretty tasty

This is not nearly as bad as it looks

I hope it's better than this one, it tasted like liquefied chocolate bars mixed with extremely grainy peanut butter. And the smell, ugh.

if I find that in my area i'll give it a try.

its frustrating that i live right next to new england (NY) and can never get my hands on anything from trilium or treehouse. hell, i can even get heady topper/focal banger easier than those two.

my dad loves that stuff. too sweet for my taste though.

It's not that it's a flavored stout; I recently picked up a few bottles of this at Costco and think it's delicious as an after-dinner beer

To me it has a coffee/mocha flavor. It's too sweet to drink all the time but had a good flavor.

This is good beer.

God tier with a pipe.

They're relatively new (like three years old?) and from Atlanta. They might be expanding your way I have no idea. We didn't regularly get Cigar City until a year or two ago.

But yeah I'm not huge on IPAs and I absolutely love both of theirs. So much fruit flavor without any bullshoot ingredients added

i wouldn't be surprised to see them my way in under a year if they aren't already being sold up here.

i'm not a huge IPA fan either but its seriously impressive that NE IPAs can taste like orange juice just with clever use of hops.

>muh microbrewwssss

> (OP)
>I heard beer tastes like piss is this true
this board is 18 and up

>natural flavor
>fake news flavorings

Bismarck is nice, still got a bottle
its oily and hoppy but nice

Old Rasputin was a good suggestion. I like it a whole lot.

If you want a nice IPA that's fairly well known, try Bell's Two-Harted Ale

I unironically miss Yuengling since I moved away from the east coast.
It's not the best beer ever, but it was nice going to a 7-11 and picking up a decent-tier beer.
Now I can only I'm stuck with Shinerbock unless I take a 45min. drive.

What is your guys favorite lager? I'm alcohol in general but I really like pic related

After work sushi

i fucked it up

I live near there, too bad I really don't like milk stouts (or any superflavored stouts for that matter) :-(

Fuck yeah, a beer thread

Mikeller Windy Hill IPA

Picked this up at a local brewery. Pretty gentle yet interesting IPA, I would recommend this for people who are just getting into the style

9/10

Time to make a malt liquor video

what is this like? is it like barleywine????

Lightly hoppy without being overbearing in any one way. Quite delicious, downed two cans with ease

do you two actually enjoy the taste of malt liquor, or just drink it to get fucked up?

Just had this for the first time today, even sipping on it as I'm typing this.

Horribly overrated. Literally tastes like a chocolate Jelly-Belly bean. Not worth $6/bottle

I agree with you there, but their Imperial Stout is in my top 10

>Hofbrau Munchner Weisse
>Hacker-Pschorr Weisse
>Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier

Love this shit. Any more that I can find in the U.S.?

Ayinger
Pauliner

Women malg liquors I enjoy, mostly Mickeys and Coqui

This is my favorite malt liquor

It's the king of cheap ass American beer, essential to the college experience.

I was surprised that malt liquor didn't taste bad, it's like any mediocre lager as long as you keep it cold
Associations aside it's my drink of choice if I'm trying to get drunk casually with friends

This used to be my favorite beer and now I live in a place where I can't buy it, shit sucks man. Anyone know of anything similar?

Some random beer I found abandoned in the fridge. Its alright, tastes vaguely like orange peel.

Not paying much attention to it because I'm just drinking to feel something from it.

Franziskaner Hefeweiss
Paulaner
König Ludwig (maybe)
Erdinger
Edelweiss

So I decided to try this today, It's ridiculously smooth to drink, and the aftertaste is pretty good if you like vanilla.

the problem with German Hefeweizen/Hefe Weissbier is that it isn't very diverse. If you've had the best ones, there's no point in seeking out the others because they'll either be the same, or the same but worse.

How come no one posts sours here?

I've had this twice and it has a really nice smoked chilli taste.

Sours are weird one for me. I like them when I try 'em, but very rarely will I buy 'em.

What's with all these candy beers ITT?

Will be visiting Japan in a couple weeks, what beer should i try?

Honestly I've heard that Japanese beer isn't crash hot, but give these a go if you can:

ratebeer.com/beer/country/japan/105/

Japanese beer is *just* starting to get into the craft beer thing, and even then it's very very very fringe. And it's pretty expensive. So you might go to a supermarket and find in a whole 2 aisles of beer and liquor stuff you'll find 3 varieties of craft beer, and they're not even that flavorful or interesting.

There's plenty of really great stuff to see and do in Japan, you don't need to make beer tourism your thing.

I'm really into music so if I went to Japan I'd really just be there for the music bars and the record stores.

Well, that and the whisky.

Then you need this

tokyogigguide.com/en/

Are you me?
I drink piss all the time when I want to go out and get drunk, but if I wanna enjoy it I will go for something better.
Maybe not westvleteren because I'm rich...

thanks senpai

not going to Japan anytime soon though unfortunately

>probably the largest brewery in Vermont makes it too

A style of beer only brewed in Bamberg 'probably' doesn't have imitators in Vermont, similar to how you 'probably' exist to airline passengers soaring over your cornfield, flyover.

And why wouldn't you want to drink smoky, savoury goodness? You wouldn't turn down a glass of Scotch, would you?

this was good. not overwhelmingly clovey and it hid the booze well

Don't call me friend, jackass.

can confirm this is fan tas tic

How's this? I bought one a few days ago and haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Not my favourite cloudwater beer but still very pleasant. Full bodied, rich gold appearance, lot of citrusy notes.

>vermont
>corn fields
>flyover
Sorry I hit a nerve buddy. And literally no style is only brewed in a single place. That's literally the most retarded thing I could imagine. Unless by style you mean 'this is X style but we slightly changed something so we called it something different"

Europeans are the biggest special snowflake cunts in the world when it comes to beer

Fantastic, very nice aftertaste that is almost floral. My current go to.

Good People Snake Handler is my personal favorite but I think you can only get it in the Southeast. Even here it's kinda hard to find.

overall best in class pictured

As much as I hate rogue, I still really like this beer

completely agree with you, the first sip was amazing and then immediately after very underwhelming and way too strong of a chocolate flavor

dead guy is great on tap, OK in bottle

A lot of SS is overrated. They have a good imp stout and a great taddy porter. Those are the only two that really did anything for me

If you're in the US what state do you live in?

Man I feel ya. I moved back to Colorado and when I a cheap party beer I miss Yuengling. Like Coors Banquet is good but occasionally you need variety in your mass consumption beer.

>it's another ipa le thread
This board is filled with hipsters, holy shit. Just drink standard belgian, british and german beers.
No need to reinvent the wheel, but instead, making it square.

well how was it