Do any of you vegans eat honey

I was Wandering if any of you vegans eat honey if not why

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bee
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bees aren't animals...

The point of being vegan is because you want to do something about a perceived injustice, not because you want to argue semantics about every imaginable edge case. Doing something is better than doing nothing because some smug lardass on Veeky Forums thinks that taking honey from bees makes you a hypocrite.

Technically honey is an animal product, so if someone wants to be a card carrying vegan they won't eat it. But plenty of folks who eat a plant based diet but don't consider themselves vegan have no problem with it.

Just know you lard ass vegan that every food needs bees so get FUCKED

But eating bee honey actually helps them. A surplus will actually harm the hive in farming and in nature. Plus bee farms are the only things keeping the bee population from completely depleting.

all insects are animals you stupid bastard

>not because you want to argue semantics about every imaginable edge case

But this is the best part of internet debates!

What have I created

You knew what the fuck you were doing you giant homo

Raw honey sometimes but mostly bee pollen. Royal jelly is a no-no though.

At least the honey is only collected like the bee pollen. Sure it is stored inside the bee in a special pouch but it's not like the bees are digesting it.

I use bee pollen daily because there is literally no better source for all the nutrients it offers. I suppose someone could take wheat grass powder or moringa leaf powder but I have a hard time eating those.

Only the most ridiculous fagots and feminists argue that honey isn't vegan. I eat raw honey and wear a leather belt. It was five bucks and was the only non cringe worthy option I have.

If there were a vegan option for the same price I would have bought that. I got it at Goodwill though so, whatever.

No true Scotsman...

prove it

red herring

Honey literally isn't vegan and im not vegan and i HATE kikes

Honey harvesting robs bees of food that they produced.
It's a literal animal product you are stealing from bees, harming them.
So no, it's not fucking Vegan, and it's unethical to consume in any case.
If you need something sweet go get some cane sugar you idiots, plants make sugars, you don't need to harm an animal to get to it.

how could honey ever be vegan though? How could anyone argue that its not an animal product like milk or eggs?

>But milking cows actually helps them. A surplus will actually harm the herd in farming and in nature. Plus cow farms are the only things keeping the cow population from completely depleting.

lold

Well, cows can be seriously injured by the 1 ton bull mounting them, so milking and artificial insemination actually does help the cows, faggot.

But isn't eating vegetables that are grown or foraged stealing food from animals and therefore harming them?

I don't see how stealing honey from a bee is any different from a vegan eating a carrot that could have fed a deer or rabbit.

You aren't considering intent in your example. The carrot grows because it is a plant, that's what it does, it has broad biological reasons for doing so.

The bee makes honey for its hive, so it can survive and also complete its biological objectives.

The key point being the carrot grew to be eaten by whoever, whereas the honey was made for a purpose that does not involve human consumption.

Yes because it comes from a plant.
Just because bees live there doesn't mean it's not from plant.
I eat grass even though cows live there.

>bees are plants
really activates my antennae

The only honey I eat is wasp honey.

But if we don't steal their honey they will collect less pollen, do less pollination, and plant life will suffer as a result.
Checkmate, vegans.

They collect more honey because they need more food.
If they have enough they need less pollen.
So stealing honey from them forces them to work harder, thus you are ENSLAVING bees.

Personally I think announcing yourself as Vegan should be punished by that diet being enforced upon the person for a year. They could just die quietly from being unable to maintain the various coatings, cushions and fluids that stabilize their organs and society would be rid of them with a minimum of effort.

So, put them all in some sort of camp?

The carrot didn't grow to be eaten by whoever if you could even call the carrots we have now close to the original wild version.

BEES ARE ALREADY LITERAL SLAVES, YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!! WHICH IS WHY THERE WILL ALWAYS BE MORE THAN ENOUGH SUPPLY FOR THEIR DEMAND!!! Bees don't ever take the fucking day off to drink beer and watch the game.

You're this biggest idiot on the internet today, and that's saying something.

>boo hoo I'm so upset that living things have to take energy from other life forms in order to eat
Then fucking kill yourself. Mans gotta live to eat, things gotta die for him to eat. Plants, animals, the planet, the galaxy, the universe. It's impossible to live without taking from other lifeforms in a non-equal trade. Just get used to the fact that entropy will always have to take place, retards, or just stop eating and die.

Because a carrot didn't develop inside a rabbit and get shat out, whereas bees make honey themselves, it does not occur naturally.

I know one vegan who won't eat honey or figs and one that will eat both and is willing to eat insect in general

Cows aren't essential to nature though

>Folk
You don't know but I know what that means

Wellfare Rob's people of the food they ha s produced and you are fine with that

>Bees don't ever take the fucking day off to drink beer and watch the game.

But what if

They did

Concentrating the Vegan population into said camp?

>vegans
L O L
O
L

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bee

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Arthropoda
Class: Insecta
Order: Hymenoptera
(unranked): Unicalcarida
Suborder: Apocrita
Superfamily: Apoidea
Clade: Anthophila

They are animals.

>Ask vegan simple question because you're not sure
>Vegan gets mad because you have insulted their dogma
>Vegan doesn't answer question directly

bees bite humans, so their honey eggs must contain some meat at least.

nice bait.