I have a fig tree at home and its fruits are ripening. What can I prepare with them, Veeky Forums?

I have a fig tree at home and its fruits are ripening. What can I prepare with them, Veeky Forums?

Make a hole on the bottom of the fig and use it as a fleshlight

Fucking shit hell please no.

I am eating a fig now faggot... Don't tell me this is real.

where do you think those tunnel patterns inside come from?

Make fig rolls

How small is your dick

It's sort of real, except that they only live inside male figs, which aren't eaten

And ones sold in stores typically aren't pollinated I believe so they wont have any

But they have evolved to depend on the wasps and the wasps them, they would not survive without them

Fuck it's my mother's tree.

Make fig tarts.

I'm pretty sure I've found preserved wasp bodies/larvae in the figs I've picked. I'm past the point of caring though because the figs themselves are too good. Store-bought figs are bland compared to fresh ones from the tree.

curse the tree

I think about this sometimes when I'm eating figs. all kinds of plants and animals depend on each other to survive. nature really is amazing :0)

op, the ones at my house as well! 'tis the season, huh? :0)

Cut them in half, drizzle with honey and extra virgin olive oil, and wrap in prosciutto. Black pepper optional.

Figgy pudding.

A mildly sweet and sophisticated treat.

Use them when stuffing a quail. You can either use the whole fig as a stuffing, or mix it into a more traditional bread based stuffing. Either way its quite good.

jesus please

dry them. fresh figs are shit tier

I like them with french toast

are you the faggot who keeps posting them on instagram? it looks 100% unappettizing

it's one of my egos. Not the one posting right now.

most of the figs eaten in the US are pathogenic species.

parthenocarpic*

*paleological

are you implying we're sentimental about wasps or eating them?

i thought we were making up words

"pathogenic" was an auto-correct because my dictionary did not have pathenocarpic in it. They're both "real words" in the sense a word can be real. Parthenocarpy is where plants fruit without needing to be pollinated. Figs were among the first trees with evidence of human cultivation likely because of this aspect. Paleological (at least in the most common context I've seen it used) means thinking or a pattern of behavior is initiated or catalyzed by an emotional response. So I thought you were saying that americans eat pathenocarpic species because they're squeamish about the idea of eating something a wasp has been in. I thought you were being remarkably clever.

s-sorry for disappointing you senpai

It's just a bug, who gives a fuck?

Kek, that whole exchange was gr8

Maybe these would be good in a tart with pastry cream or even a cheese crust. What do you think about what cheeses would pair with figs that you could include in a tart crust? Pastry cream recipe you use?

Do you wrap your tree in the Winter?

I saw something like that in fine cooking. It was like figs, goat cheese, mint (I know it's too much) and bacon. I think lemon zest would work though.

No, what's the point of doing it?

So it looks like a body.

Make some fig jam.

I fucking LOVE dried figs.
Probably the most enjoyable dried fruit you can get.

If you have fresh figs you can make a decent fig pie (like apple and cherry pie), you just need a fair amount of them if you want it with a decent filling.