Does Veeky Forums eat when they're genuinely hungry or just when they feel like eating?

Does Veeky Forums eat when they're genuinely hungry or just when they feel like eating?

Whatever is in the fridge

Grapes can do it

I eat whenever I want to because I burn like 3000 kcal a day

Grape tomatoes are my go-to snack.

I should hope that most people only eat when they're hungry. Eating whenever you feel like it is how you get fat.

Most people don't though.

recovery fatty here. I keep repeating the mantra "eat to live, don't live to eat" whenever I want to snack and stuff.

I only eat when I'm hungry, and even then I severely limit the food, and drink tons of water with it.

eternal skeletor here
I worship food but hardly eat even when hungry.
On long work days I'll let myself starve because it makes me more alert. At the end of the 16 hour day I'll be too tired to eat and I'll just go to sleep.

I have to keep myself busy as much as possible because I tend to eat when I'm bored. I gained like 30lbs while unemployed and it's dropping right off now that I work 30 hours a week again.

I eat when I'm bored. I'm not proud.

I typically don't just "feel like eating" but I do get specific craving when I get genuinely hungry. I'll just WANT a burrito or WANT fruit or WANT mac salad. It's hard to explain but sometimes I'll be doing nothing and suddenly feel hungry and be like "god damn I could go for a tuna salad sandwich" and it becomes a mission to make that happen. I don't do that "grab a bag of Doritos" shit...that's for fatties and I'm a cook.

I eat when I remember. I haven't had a consistent appetite in at least a year.

A bit of both. Sometimes if I'm just bored I might snack on something (not advised), though right now I'm actually feeling genuinely hungry but don't know what to eat. Been walking like a son of a bitch today, don't know how many hundreds of kcal I burned off, how much sodium I've sweat out, but so far I've only eaten a Subway sub. Italian Hero, it was pretty good, but I looked it up and it seems to be even LESS healthy than Cold Cut Combo which is what I normally get.

>A day of lots of physical activity and sweating
Whatever I want, specifically go for something with meat. Today has been such a day so I'll be eating something with meat soon.

>A relaxed day
Focus on something cheap, save the meat for another time. Spaghetti with just sauce, rice with just soy sauce (and maybe canned vegetables), or perhaps Kraft Dinner (glorified Canuck mac&cheese)

>Not feeling the best
Eat more veggies.

>REALLY hungry for some reason?
Like now? I dunno, I'll figure something out soon

>Just feel like a snack?
Come to think of it, I don't really snack. Maybe cook a big batch of spaghetti to eat a little now and more later? A pack of ramen maybe? Though that can count as its own little meal. I don't really get chips, bars, candy, or anything like that. Oh, sliced cheese, that can be fairly yummy on its own. I'm still new to Veeky Forums and I have a feeling I may be incurring wrath.

I was 280lb (125kg I guess? Around that?) once. Now at around 240lb. My height and decent muscle mass actually makes me look not as bad as you might think, 220lb is my goal, don't want to go below.

ottermode pls

After joining actual sports in high school I stopped eating when I felt like it and only when I was legitimately hungry
Which meant I could actually make good food instead of bullshitting it because I felt like it

I like the way you think user.

Thanks, also I still haven't decided on what to eat. It's still in the back of my mind that I'm going to make hummus and sauerkraut soon but I want to do the dishes before I do that and I'm feeling too tired to do the dishes now so I'm putting it off until tomorrow even though I'm looking forward to it.

I find I can often think best when I think out loud. Take stock; what meat do I have? Half a dozen cans of tuna, 2 cans of ham, 1 can of chicken, 1 can of SPAM... slim pickins. Got bread in the fridge for possible sandwiches, wish I had hummus to go on those sandwiches but I digress; that issue had been regarded already. Picked up a bottle of jalapenos today, love it. Fuck, I just want to make my hummus already, but even if I had that what meat would I use?

Bah, feeling scatter-brained. There's a cheap take-out joint nearby, not much of a walk (my legs are pretty sore at this point from all the walking, over 6km easily, potentially as much as 12km), might just get myself a cheap $3 hamburger and put my own cheese on it. Why pay an extra 50 cents or a dollar when I can use my own cheese? I could put some spinach on it (no lettuce, sadly, or onion), some jalapenos, I do have a can of mushrooms but I don't feel like frying them up. Yup, I think I'll get myself a burger soon. Been doing so damn good today, I think I deserve a little bit of take-out.

Got the burger, it is amazing. Taking pics on this laptop is an absolute hassle but I'd love to show. Came to just shy of $4 so gave her $5. So much for the $3 burger, but oh well, worth it. Added cheese, spinach, and three rings of jalapeno. So far, it's fan-fucking-tasting.

It makes you more alert? Weird, when I'm really hungry I feel more sluggish, sleepy, and I have trouble focusing on stuff that isn't food.

I use fruit and nuts to fill the mindless grazing times of my day. I'm never really hungry but I'm never really full.

Tasted great, a bit more meat would have been nice but that's ok, wouldn't say it was worth $5 but that's my own fault for giving such a tip (more than $1 for a burger worth less than $4), ultimately I think it would have been smarter to get Subway. Just two more dollars and bam, a foot-long. Anyways, that'll hopefully do me for tonight. Pretty good! A footlong sub and a burger for a day of lots of walking and sweating? Fuckin' eh.

food

I don't unless there's chips in the house. I try to only stock things that require me to put in effort to make so my lazy ass doesn't just guzzle down thirty cans of baked beans for my daily caloric intake.