Stockpile meals

to save time and not have to make dinner every night, i prepare a big batch that lasts a week or so. does anyone else do this, and if so what are your recipes? mine doesn't taste great and i am looking to improve it or change to something else

>7-8 sliced red or green peppers (i also make this with eggplant instead of peppers, but it tastes even worse)
>4 cut tomatoes
>1 chopped onion
>lots of garlic
>oregano, salt, pepper
>shit ton of hot sauce
>oil and vinegar
mix it in a big pot and leave on low heat for 30 minutes. it is then served over rice or in tortillas.

challenge: your recipes have to be healthy and [spoiler]vegan[/spoiler]

Other urls found in this thread:

grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html
lmgtfy.com/?q=how to make stir fry
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't really enjoy stale, reheated food

sacrifices must be made to save time

you cook more than that, ye?
i'm finding it hard to believe that such a tiny amount of food can last you a whole week

your pic would last me 1-2 days

just made massive fucking lasagna yesterday, eat once from it, divided the rest of it to 10 pieces and froze half of them
I do this occasionally, stews, soups and casseroles all work great for this kinda thing.
Look up budget bites meal preps for ideas, as the name implies it's cheap recipes as well. It's good for ideas and inspiration, recipes could be better.

>Soak 3 lbs black beans overnight
>Drain next day
>Cook for a few hours
>Add bay leaf, oregano, chili powder, cumin, salt, onion and garlic powder
>Freeze a large tupperware container full and fill up another container to eat throughout the week

>do this
>eat one meal a day
>it's not even calorie dense
>don't drink soda
>limit myself to 1 banana as a snack
>still fat

Why not make Chili con Carne? It tastes even better reheated.

I'll make a pork butt on sunday, eat it with beans for breakfast through out the week. I'm not a morning person and enjoy making dinner every night.

Eat more, protein and vegetables 3-4 times a day.

My standard recommendation for newbies or large batches:

grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html

I suggest using only half a cup or rice and correspondingly less water.

You need to get some exercise.

I work in a kitchen, so I'm not home for most dinners. But on my nights off I like to cook up batches of food for my girlfriend to eat/for me to dig into after a shift.

Curries are good. I'm pretty flexible with how I make them. But generally I'll just buy a chicken, break it down, make stock at the same time (freeze the stock, incorporate most of it into next week's meal, some of it into the curry) as the curry.

The key to any of these routines is to make food that builds flavours in layers, so you have something really flavoursome, but can still be cheap. Take your time in making a really good curry, pasta, or go crazy and smoke a brisket like I did this weekend. Pack your food with flavour through technique and not necessarily expensive ingredients

two batches of that last a week or so for 2 people

no meat

>Pack your food with flavour through technique and not necessarily expensive ingredients
but how, all i have up my sleeve is drenching things in hot sauce, salt, and pepper. maybe i'll try some curry recipes as you suggested

>not making a tasty stir fry out of those veggies

teach me how please

When you eat is more important than what. Make sure theres a large gap between your last meal and your first of the next day.

There are plenty of simple recipes that require little work. Stuff where you just have to throw all the ingredients in a pot and that's about it.
Making a batch once a week seems impossible to me, you should cook every second or at least every third day.

Where the fuck is the protein you mongoloid.

protein is covered for the day during lunch, with eggs and beans.

>eggs
I thought you were vegan you faggot

for all intents and purposes i am, all animal products that come from questionable sources are avoided as to not financially support animal cruelty. free range eggs don't fall under that category, and i don't have access to free range meats. since most restaurants/bakeries/products use caged eggs, it's easier to just define myself as vegan since i don't eat the majority of egg products anyways.

lol, you white people are retarded, self-defeating, and deserve to be race mixed out of existence.

Yes, I do this a lot. I'm actually at work eating some jambalaya I made on sunday.

My favorite meal preps to make are
>feijoada
>gumbo
>lasagna
>ratatouille
>paella
>lentil soup
>green curry

usually something viscous with parts in it that absorb flavors over time (meat, rice, beans, etc)

and it's mainly so I don't pay $10 or whatever going out to eat at work/school

>wanting to avoid support an industry that produces billions of lifetimes that consist of pure pain and torture makes you retarded, white, and self defeating
i'm not even white bro

avoid supporting*

>Acquire whole chicken from grocery store plus butter, carrots, potatoes, cellary, or whatever veggies
>Preheat oven to 375F, melt butter and spread on bottom of pan
>Put large cut veggies (bite size) in pan, and chicken atop it. Save veggie scraps for later. Don't peel carrots or potatoes
>Rub chicken seasoning you get in Hispanic isle onto chicken, season other stuff
>Stuff cellary stalk into chicken cavity for good luck
>Bake for a total of 1h15m but feel free to futz with it. Make sure internals are a good poultry temperature before servint
Bam. Whole chicken and veggies. Google how to cut it up for individual meals.
...BUT WAIT THERES MORE!!
>SAVE CHICKEN BONES, NICE VEGGIE SCRAPS, AND DRIPPINGS FROM PAN. Store in freezer if keeping any of this longer than a day
>Put chicken carcass and bones and veggie scraps into boiling water with garlic and spices and shit
>Boil for 3-4 hours or however long you feel like it. Strain and keep the created stock, ditch the rest

Now you can use that stock for chicken noodle (boil stock with veggies and noodles) or ramen or cooking rice or whatever.

This is the ultimate poorfag meal.

teach us more sempai

Free range eggs still neccesitate killing male chicks at birth. Sorry dude

>but how
By looking at recipes and understanding how they're put together? By gaining some knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking? It sounds like you just want to be lazy and get told what to do, but you're going to have to put some time and effort into learning because you generally end up with unsatisfying results if you just throw everything into a pot at once and cook until the toughest ingredient is done.

And IMO switch to twice a week. Even if you're freezing it for part of the week, anything out more than 3-4 days really starts to negatively affect the flavor of your food.

lmgtfy.com/?q=how to make stir fry

i don't care much about swift killing, it's the extended pain i'd like to avoid supporting

i'm not lazy and want to learn, just unsure of where to start. i'll fall on the excuse that i've just started cooking for myself recently

I generally don't make food with the intent of eating it over multiple days, but if I do, it will be either chili or curry, because both magically taste better after being left to sit for a while and reheated. I'm sure there are some vegan chili and curry recipes out there for you faggots, but mine contain meat.

I just cook quick meals that take 7 minutes when i don't feel like making something fancy.

soaking beans is dumb

cooking beans for 1 hour is more than enough to make them soft enough to eat

I make a big pot of soup every week and I just toss dried beans in there and they're done by the time the soup is done

Take the time to really sweat out your onions, if you're making a dish with tinned tomatoes really give them the time to cook out, if you're making a curry you can start by blooming your spices in a decent amount of oil and use that to form your base. Try experimenting with your pantry staples and see how they take to different temperatures and cooking times as you go.

Also, I know it sounds kinda weird to recommend, but Save With Jamie is a really good, approachable, comprehensive book. I think you'd dig it.

done it a lot. invariable i get sick of the food and dump at least half of it.

Count your calories, and continue reducing until you see results.