/pft/

What are you fellow poorfags eating today?

Pic related is what I just had. Brown rice with canned sardines, and Frank's RedHot. Was pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/italian-wonderpot-52840431
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just snagged all this for ~$14 USD. Remember, it's much easier to easy and be full as a poor person if you eat fast food and junk food as opposed to the much more expensive "healthy" options.

>Just snagged all this for ~$14 USD.
fake and gay, also mcD doesn't fill at all.

I usually rock Spaghetti and Meatballs for about 15$ for 3 meals.

Stay mad poorfag.

...Where did you buy this from again? McDonalds doesn't sell donuts.

I'm probably gonna do what this guy here says, just make some spaghetti sauce for dinner with some angel hair. However later on this week I'm gonna be making curry and maybe some pot roast if I can find a cheap cut of beef.

>boast about how little you spent
>get called out for your bs
>call him a poorfag for not believing you spent only a bit of money
>???
gotta practice jewing more

Yes they do.

Stay mad poorfag.

i've always been a big fan of making big portions of lasagna since ingredients are cheap, you get to use up all of your ingredients. freeze the rest for whenever you dont want to cook. also good old beans in some kind of sauce. for meat i just buy whole chickens and cut them up myself, cheapest meat i found. should last you a few meals

That's some bad bait right there

are you the same guy that was being needlessly childish and angry yesterday?
also this is a poorfag thread so welcome to the club c:

Right now I'm having some oatmeal with an egg beaten into it. Have you guys ever tried this? It has such a nice rich texture, and with some cinnamon and sugar it tastes like french toast.

He's not wrong.

No. Are you the same guy that was being needlessly childish and angry yesterday?

sounds good. i'll try this. my usual is just honey and whatever fruit is cheap

Sounds really good. I was looking for breakfast ideas and I think I'll make this.

That looks like shit desu. Get a job.

>looks like
I don't eat food with my eyes

Well, he is. Where can you buy all that stuff for $14? Nowhere.

"Wonderpot" style is my new favorite poorfag pasta. The basic idea is you cook your pasta in a few cups of broth along with butter/oil, spices, and whatever veggies/meat you want to use all in the same pan. The broth mixture cooks down and forms its own sauce with the pasta starch. It's a great cheap way to make a hamburger helper-like concoction. Sample recipe:
epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/italian-wonderpot-52840431

Instead of shitposting on Veeky Forums you could get a job and not be poor. Imagine that.

I already have two jobs. shitposting is just a couple of minutes at a time. I'm poor because I have to pay for my daughter's hospital bills.

Eating it now with some vanilla and cinnamon, I don't notice a big difference in flavor. I hope the egg cooked enough. I'll keep experimenting with it, it's worth a try for the protein alone.

not true

meal prep is much more affordable than eating out anywhere

I had a banana this morning.

Split-pea and lentil soup made with homemade chicken broth. Also had onions, potatoes, and carrots in it. Had the texture and appearance of baby food, but it's high in protein, fiber, and vitamins. Pretty filling and has a strong savory flavor too.

I hate it.

Made smoked chicken a few days ago.
Ramen with smoked chicken slices.
Garlic ginger and green onion in Ramen broth..
Lazy af can still taste nice.

rice with 1 can of tuna

how is $5 a meal cheap

Some hot dogs with 'chili sauce' and Fritos. I'll probably be having macaroni tomorrow.

SHAMe!

Only three meals outta that $15? You must be buying premade meatballs.

Boiled up some homemade dumplings, ate it with whatever was available
800 kcal for $0.15 get on my level

But in all seriousness, how often do you guys make room in your budget to eat at restaurants/fast food? I haven't done so in months, last couple of times I did just didn't seem worth it at all

Here's my recipe for Meatballs Cheapanara. Easy to make, tastes good, cheap as balls, good for freezing so you can eat them later.

>1lb 80-20 ground beef, cheapest you can get it
>1lb of Jimmy Dean hot pork sausage, or a cheaper brand if you can find it
>4 slices of store-brand white bread
>1 medium onion
>2 eggs
>1 and 1/2 tablespoons parsley
>1 tablespoon garlic powder
>teaspoon black pepper
>teaspoon salt
>half a green bottle of "Parmesan" "cheese"
>olive oil

Toast your bread slices to all hell in tge morning, just short of burning the fucks, then let them dry out all day. Throw them in a plastic bag and mash them up as best you can, then take the bigger chunks to a cheese grater to get them nice and crumbly. Dice your onion as fine as you can get it, throw it in a food processor or blender if you have one. Cook the onion in a pan until clear with a little olive oil, then drain. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the olive oil.

Heat your oven to 400F, and lightly grease a 13x9 baking pan with the olive oil. Form meatballs with your hands, about 1-1/2 inch diameter, and put them in the pan. It's okay if they touch a little. You may need to do multiple batches, though. Bake for about 20 minutes. Serve immediately or freeze and reheat in a pot on the stove with sauce. Should round out to like 10 meals worth of meatballs assuming you serve them with Ragu on a pile of bulk spaghetti.

>
i never got the meme that X doesn't fill,
it's physical volume, it will fill your stomach like anything else
i've never had a food i could eat more of than any other food....?

Pancake, but I had no Milk, so just flour, water, sugar and a tiny bit of cinnamon.
Suprisingly decent

>shitty slop that belongs on /b/: the thread

>tfw everyone keeps talking about their fancy carbonara and bolognese and I'm sitting here loving my buttered egg noodles

The original patrician way.

No. Are you the same guy that was being needlessly childish and angry yesterday?

Eiernudeln sind die Übernudel

Grow herbs faggots
It's a very cheap way to improve your meals drastically.

nah I'm good

>moved into my first apartment
>got a good rice cooker
>bought 20lb of botan calrose rice
what should I put on it? Rice is new to me. I know I can make stuff like banana bread and such in it as well

>what should I put on it?

Nothing. It's a side dish that goes with the rest of your meal.

>cook rice
>dump a can of tuna into it
>some soy sauce + salt & pepper
add some parsley and / or lime if you're feeling fancy.

isn't it bad to eat a lot of canned tuna? Due to heavy metals and such

I dunno but you should eat as much of it as you can before it goes extinct

You gonna make that rice with milk or water, Dante?

>isn't it bad to eat a lot of canned tuna?

Yes. That doesn't mean you can't eat it, it just means you shouldn't eat it several times a week.

You're confusing bluefin tuna with the stuff that gets canned. That 'ain't bluefin, and it's not endangered.

Rice with beans

what was the filling?

this was very edible for $2.50
what do you guys do for pizza?

Grilled cheese sandwiches my dude.

I buy fresh ingredients and make my own because I'm not poor. :^)

Poorfag here. I make my own pizza from scratch.

Smoked and braised Chuck, mashed sweet potatoes, canned green beans with garlic and prepackaged garlic toast.

Tombstone is a better value. It costs a bit more but you get more 'za, and it also tastes way better than Jack's.

Yeah. I get salmon instead.

Uncooked beaten egg added to hot oatmeal and mixed? please specify, i'm too cheap to experiment.

Just had some rice. did what the bag said to do. seemed starchy. Is the
>wash rice thrice
meme real?

That beef looks raw

Yes.

>what is density
rethink your statement

that's a meme. it's fine as long as you're getting enough selenium. Selenium prevents free radical damage in the body, and mercury binds aggressively to selenium - preventing it from being able to protect your body from free radicals - that's what mercury poisoning is: extreme free radical damage. Luckily tuna has loads of selenium, much more selenium than mercury.

The only fish that have more mercury than selenium are sharks, swordfish and whales. Unless you're eating mako shark and killer whale every day (or you're a nursing or pregnant mother or under the age of 3) mercury poisoning is a meme

are you high?

It's literally bright pink around the edges

bait

i smoked it first for about 5 hours before i braised it. it was rubbed and it sat about and hour to come up to room temp. it was some on sale shit that i got for cheap so i did what i could to turn it into tender tasty meat. that was just smoke ring.
it did turn out pretty fuckin good.

Not him but I just mixed it in with the oats and water before I microwaved it

I had a tiny amount of bacon (that goes a very long way) with kale and pasta.

While possibly an unnecessary investment I think olives, capers and/or artichoke hearts can add a lot of flavor to a dish for relatively little money.

Thisssss

Ground pork and BBQ sauce with green chilies in a pita pocket.

fiber makes you feel full
If it was just about volume you could just drink a lot and wouldn't be hungry

That's exactly what I do. You just have to mix it in really good and frothy, and stir it again after a minute or two of cooking so you get the nice fluffy texture and no bits of scrambled egg.

There's a lot more that's bad for you in tuna than just mercury and the idea that mercury exposure is a "meme" but the idea that ingesting selenium and mercury in equal doses will cause the two to negate each other is some hardcore bro science. Long lived animals at the top of the food chain accumulate huge amounts of pollutants and that includes more heavy metals than just mercury and a wide range of pesticides as well.

It is indeed very bad to eat a lot of canned tuna and if you're planning to eat a lot of fish in general, you should try to make it fish that are as low on the food chain as possible - anchovies, sardines, etc.

Jesus Christ, man. Why not get some flour and yeast and have those sardines on some nice bread instead?

Looks good. I seem to kill plants just by looking at them. Kinda stoked I might get to taste a homegrown cherry tomato this year but I'm sure something will happen.

For $14, I could buy somewhere to the tune of 120 eggs (it's about $6-7 for a box of 60), enough to make two 2-egg omelets every day for a month. You might say to yourself, "wait, wouldn't that give you really bad cholesterol?" Well, I'm comparing it to McDonalds.

Reality: it's not expensive to eat healthy. It's expensive to eat complex ingredients. Frozen veggies are dirt cheap and they can add to any meal. Rice is cheap enough to be a staple in many third world countries. Chicken is one of the cheaper and healthier meals. Eggs are cheap protein and perfectly fine if you don't overdo them. Water is cheap enough to be basically free (sometimes even included in your rent cost), and a healthier alternative to soda. Seriously, drink more water.

Oh, and by the way... you've got four big macs in there. There is no way that whole thing costs $14 unless you live in fucking Ukraine, in which case, I'd be willing to bet $14 could go even further for proper groceries.

Not poor, but I eat like a poor person because muh culture (stuff to make our food is cheap).

Brekkie today was granola and yogurt. Total cost: 50c.
Lunch today was pasta with beans. Total cost: 60c.
Had a peach with lunch: 25c.
Dinner tonight will be rice and cabbage. Total cost: 60c.
Projected total for the day: $1.95US

And I just noticed that this was all vegetarian. Looks like I'm gonna have to have a steak tomorrow to counteract the faggotry.

Out camping because I'm homeless and camping is actually respectable. In my pack I've got rice, mac and cheese (on sale), knorrs, grated parmesan, a bunch of spices. Homemade jerky and pemmican and sunflower seeds for protein and got some dried sausages on sale. Thinking I'll have some sausages and mashed potatoes for lunch. Dehydrated bananas are really good too, cheap af if you invest in a food dehydrator. Filling, crunchy and healthy snack.

i just had this, meat with alot of spices and some nuddles,
luckely for me i always stock up on outdated food from the store

Just has this. Thank for the recommendation.

The one I had was microwaved, so it probably affected the taste but in all, it wasn't that bad. I added to much milk which made it a little sulpy and the egg took some of the sweetness of the brown sugar away, but it was alright.

...You couldn't like, make that meat into spaghetti sauce or something? This seems legit worse than prison food

yeah i could but to be honest i like meat with alot of spice

To each his own man, as long as you're enjoying it that's cool. Personally if I'm going to heavily spice some meat I just make tacos.

500g Sauerkraut (0,40€), 250g minced Meat (1,50€), a bit paprica and 200g creme fraiche (0,50€) with garlic bread (Toast and garlic butter 1,00€).

3,40€/ 3 meals

Before the creme

i love sauerkraut but if i eat too much it gives me the runs without fail

>buy a big bag of large carrots
>eat them raw for snacks, cut them up and drop them in the croc pot with anything, slice them for salads
>cheap

I like carrots

looks way tastier sans creme

Yeah, but it tastes way better with creme fraiche. Without it tastes more like a cheapo bigos (Sauerkraut, fresh cabbage, different sausages and pork with paprica powder = pic related).

You can add some green herbs for the aesthetics or don't mix the creme completely in, letting it have clear red and white patches. But I like to eat it right out of the pot if no one else is at home, so I don't care too much for presentation.

Yeah, I have to keep myself from eating the whole thing in one sitting to prevent spending the remaining day painting my ceramic.

There are some MEGAgood restaurants near me; that said I only have 4€ a day for food, so if I want to go to a restaurant I have to save like a madman.

They were on sale where I work.

My tummy hurt after eating one of them.

Ive done that after spending my paycheck on rent and the bar.

Pan fried SPAM glazed in Oyster Sauce.
There is literally nothing more tasty.

i had a peice of fried chicken. it was good too,m so delicious n filling. i tried a little microwave meatloaf dinner yesterday, but that was not meatloaf. so i might have to do something drastic, like make it myself.