Fettuccine chicken alfredo Veeky Forums, - i need some help here

whenever I make my fettuccine chicken alfredo dish it comes out somewhat dry.

It's missing something, but I can't tell what it is.

I use a can of store bought alfredo sauce, (in b4 make your own) and no.7 pasta. I season it up pretty well, but it always comes out tasting or lacking something, I can't pinpoint it. i season it with oregano, red pepper, salt, lemon pepper, throw in some olive oil, butter, and of course garlic.

It always ends up tasting like noodles, meaning, the taste of the noodles is more prominent than any other thing.

Send help.

Replace the cheese with Ped Egg shavings.

I remember when this board was decent.

Fresh herbs make dish. All I'm gonna say.

Don't boil the noodles to mush.

I've said too much. learn how to make pasta, fattie.

And then you woke up.

Care to explain?

Some nice parsley on said pic would make a world of difference, bro & never forget.. rosemary is king.

More interested on your thoughts as to "not boiling your noodles into mush". Thanks.

> i season it with oregano, red pepper, salt, lemon pepper, throw in some olive oil, butter, and of course garlic.

Seriously just make your own. You are throwing all that extra in there so you are probably paying like 4 times as much to buy an inferior product that only takes like 10 minute to make anyway.

>melt butter in pot
>add some olive oil
>Add garlic and cream
>simmer
>add Parmesan to thicken
>add parsley just before serving

Unless you only have one pot and cannot cook pasta while making the sauce you have no excuse.

Also add julienne roasted red pepper if you want best flavor.

You're supposed to mix the sauce and the pasta in the pot, not just dump the sauce on top of dry noodles.

Cook your noodles a bit underdone & final cook in the sauce. Overdone pasta is shit. I'm eating the worlds most fattening food & it tastes bad.

That's what I did, actually. The picture isn't mine, I found it on google.

What's the best way to cook garlic in a skillet?

Appreciate the response thank you!

>What's the best way to cook garlic in a skillet?

Add butter or oil to skillet and heat it and then add garlic and stir it until done.

But you can just add raw garlic and let it cook in your sauce while it simmers. Just finely dice it or use a garlic press.

Seems too easy. I've read that Garlic is hard to cook in a skillet, and that you can fuck it up pretty easily.

Just don't burn it.

You want medium heat, like hot enough that a drop of water dances around the pan, but not so hot that it boils off instantly.

Thank you!

>What's the best way to cook garlic in a skillet?

On low til you can smell it's marvelous aroma DO NOT LET IT BURN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

All I can say is, test out more types of sauce from your store. Do you season the chicken? Try different noodles.

Melt 1.5 tbs butter in a pan.
Add 1.5 tbs of AP flour and mix in thoroughly.
Add 1 cup of milk, whisk thoroughly, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.

You have just made a white sauce that will grow thicker the longer you simmer it.

Season it to your liking with garlic / black pepper / nutmeg /whatever.
Simmer for 1/2 hour.
Whisk in cheese slowly until it gets to the consistency you want.
Add your chicken and cooked pasta to the pan and toss, completely coating your ingredients.

Serve.

You have just made something better than you can ever buy in a jar for less money.

Make your own white sauce; it's easy as fuck and comes out better than anything you can buy from a store. It's the bland, crappy classico alfredo sauce that's the problem.

>Heat Milk or Cream [s]in the microwave[/s] in a pot
>Make Roux in a thick bottom pot, careful not to burn
>Add the hot milk/cream, depending on how much fat you want to put into your pasta
>Reduce heat to simmer
>Optional:Onion pique if you want to be fancy shmancy chef boyardee
>crush lots of garlic and add it in whenever you feel like the taste of it will please your palette.
>Salt,Pepper,(optional, but closer to the taste of alfredo) Ground Nutmeg.
>Simmer until it becomes a sauce, adjusting with more milk/cream to preference, adjust spices too
>You can finish you under al-dente noodles in the sauce at this point if you want
>Turn off the heat and whisk in your very expensive grated Grana Padano
>cum in it for good measure (optional((white-on-white amirite)))

If it's the chicken that's dry, I suggest marinating and cooking it separate, skin-on and blackened if you can. White meat only.

>jarred alfredo
> oregano, red pepper, salt, lemon pepper, throw in some olive oil, butter, and of course garlic
What the fuck is wrong with you

Just make a Bechamel and add it a ton of parmesan, it's not that fucking hard