Do you like mugi-cha?

Do you like mugi-cha?

What's that user?

cold brewed barley tea.

I read somewhere it's illegal here for whatever fucking reason, during my tea craze I wanted to try all kinds of teas I could get my hands on but this type but of course I couldnt get my fucking hands on this one. How is it?

It's comfy.

It's pretty good. I'm drinking some now.

you are not

I am so! Got this brand's tea bags and have a pitcher of it in the fridge. My throat was parched after my shower, so I poured myself a nice glass of mugi-cha.

What country are you in? I bought some in California

I hated barley tea. Love it now.

I used to live in Japan, they served it everywhere. Never gave a plain water option, so i was kinda force-fed. Tasted like a cup of water that someone spilled beer into. After a while (a few months) I got used to it, and now I actually like it. Might be just nostalgia associated for me.

Love it, but I'm taking a break from it right now. I used to drink wayyyyyyy too much of it, like a whole pitcher every single day. Shit is delicious and quite healthy too.

Also it's really good as milk tea with boba.

how do you get parched during a shower? just open your mouth, dumbass

Do they really not have water as an option most of the time?

Places like yoshinoya and sukiya, they have a full pitcher of barley tea at all tables available. If you want water you have to ask for it, and it's only a cup.

I prefer mugi-chan

I'm not seeing the Mugi anywhere.

Huh, my local Yoshinoya always had water

Yes!

Can someone elaborate on the taste? Im thinking of getting some

you monster. she is pure.

Watered down beer. It's the only way I can describe it. Like 9/10 water 1/10 beer.

if youre reading this fuck you pnig

>cold brew
Really?
My country also regularly consumes barley tea (served cold) and barley coffee (served hot), but ours is hot brewed.

Why would barley be illegal anywhere?

If it's cold-brewed as people are saying, I'm not sure how it would taste but the hot-brewed-then-iced barley tea I'm familiar with I think tastes kinda like the way bran cereals smell. It has a grain-like but also slightly sweet odour and flavour, even before adding sugar. I gave some to an American friend once and he described it as tasting like a cross between multigrain Cheerios and Crispix, if that helps you understand.

Besides drinking it as-is, we use something halfway between barley coffee (uses darker roasted barley and more of it per serving) and barley tea (lighter roast, less barley used) in place of water for making beef stock with some bones. Adds a natural sweetness to wintertime stews. Just tastes good. Highly recommend, even if you don't like the drink.

Only had it once when I went to a Ramen restaurant after visiting my country's only buddhist temple. It was pretty good, I liked it.

Anyone tried oksusu-cha?

To me, it tastes vaguely like burnt popcorn but it's still somehow refreshing.

On a related note, hot corn tea in winter is amazingly delicious.

where is 'here' you dumb fuck?

eheheheheueh
am korean

uahehaeiheihaeieah
can confirm

iehiehiehiehiehih

Refreshing. Like drinking a cold toast on a warm summer day

It has a sort of malty aftertaste, since it is roasted barley after all. But it does taste kind of light, nearly floral, like jasmine tea, too. Just for a split second when you take a sip.

Or on the flipside, I like to brew it strong, so my cynical friends complain it tastes like an ashtray

You can add sugar to it too, and brew it hot or cold. I prefer cold but hot isn't bad.

It's just roasted barley mang, conceivably you could grab a bag of barley to roast for yourself. Or is the grain itself illegal or what?

Mugi is truly best girl

Is there an advantage to getting it loose instead of in bags like real tea?

better value for price otherwise not much difference