Is bubble tea a memefood?

Is bubble tea a memefood?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/08/17/reader-center/our-readers-call-us-out-over-bubble-tea-they-are-right.html
archive.is/2kug4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

What do you mean by memefood?

i hate boba. responsible for every asian college girl becoming fat.

>Is bubble tea a memefood?

No, it is a memedrink.

It's a meme but it's a good meme

Are you talking shit about Boba?

It's a bunch of sugar and fat, but it's also "just tea tee hee", just like Starbucks milkshakes are "just coffee". People want all that empty calorie shit, but they don't want to feel like they're having it.

>Sugar and fat
What is it exactly? Gelatin?

Taro milk tea is optimal choice. I await the day taro becomes more commonplace in the West. The popularity of matcha gives me hope

a little bit of tea with a heap of sugar syrup, condensed milk, and tapioca pearls

Have you been in a coma for the last 5 years?

>buy a taro root
>expecting it to be purple and sweet
>its white and nearly flavorless
>ask Veeky Forums how to activate my taro
>they tell me I need to steam it
>do so
>it turns into a slimy potato

Your meme flavor is a lie.

It's just a source of starch to thicken stuff. The sweetness comes from sugar isolate.

5 years? More like 15 years.

Is it making a comeback? I thought the fad died out years ago.

taro is fucking fantastic but comes second to honeydew
> sweet vs sweet and refreshing

its just as popular as ever in most big cities as far as i can tell

How long before Starbucks starts serving bubble tea?

>a little bit of tea with a heap of sugar syrup, condensed milk, and tapioca pearls
Nope.

There are fruit slushes, jasmine green tea with no sweetener at all, assam tea, lychee tea, iced coffee, fruit juice and tea, tea and milk, so basically the only thing in common about boba tea offerings are the tapioca pearls, which is like a serving of rice. It's a meaningless starch serving that is equivalent to like 60 calories.

I had really bad bubble tea in Vienna. McDonalds had the poppin' balls which is a waste of time.

I wish the Asians girls by me were fat(ter).

Chubby Asians are my fetish but they don't exist here despite us having lots of Koreans.

out of curiosity what makes chubby asians attractive to you?

milk+tea+sugar syrup+pearls

Easy to make, the popular ones in Taiwan adds in flavoured powders into the drink like Taro, Chocolate and others.

I like when girls are soft, also chubby girls tend to be less stuck up personality wise.

Asians have cute faces, I prefer cute as an aesthetic more than sexy/mature/etc.

My adopted Chinese stepsister became a basic bitch and got a double chin. Now she's a Cheeto Benito apologist.

i don't care it's good

Send me any nudes on her phone please.

did you ever touch her boobs?

nytimes.com/2017/08/17/reader-center/our-readers-call-us-out-over-bubble-tea-they-are-right.html

archive.is/2kug4

We published a feature article on Thursday about bubble tea becoming “mainstream,” which drew criticism from readers on two fronts.

Some thought that the article read as though we had just discovered bubble tea. (In fact, The Times published an article in December proclaiming bubble tea “so 2002.”)

Other readers thought we described the drink, which was created in Taiwan, as strange and alien, and especially took us to task for the use of the word “blobs.”

This is how one reader, Bo Hee Kim, very thoughtfully put it:

The language used in this article, from ‘exotic’ to ‘Far East’ and the unappealing nature of the word ‘blob’ to describe a drink well-known to many Asians and Asian-Americans unintentionally alienates this population from reading this article. It highlights otherness rather than uniqueness, defines familiarity through a nondiverse lens, and for me evokes the unpleasant feelings of being the kid in a nondiverse neighborhood bringing ‘weird’ lunches to school.

The reader complaints have merit. In retrospect, we wish we had approached the topic differently (if at all). There may be a story in the expansion of bubble tea businesses in the United States, but there is no denying the drink has been around for quite a while. And we regret the impression left by some of the original language in the article, which we have revised in light of the concerns.

We thank our readers for sharing their views.

Disgusting

In 2005 along with pho

The differencw between bubble tea and pho is that pho is actually good

Only a memefood if you're white. I've been drinking the stuff for the last 10 years or so.

Kek

I think if they wanted to do it they would've done it by now. It's not like it's some obscure trend they haven't picked up on yet, I think they just aren't interested in trying to compete with the sheer variety of flavours bubble tea places sell. Maybe they'll stick tapioca pearls in a frap or some shit though

bubble tea tastes fine you contrarian piece of shit

It tasted like burnt rubber when i had it. Not the pearls either, but the drink.

From boba? Yes. Try it from a place that serves it as an accessory to the rest of the menu and it's actually damn good. Place near my old college outdoes Boba in every category except freindliness.

I'm told the "bubbles" are made of bubblegum and ain't good for you. Used to be they were made of more natural stuff, but it got popular and so industrialized versions pumped them full of shit you wouldn't normally. But that's kind of everything, ain't it?

There's no such word as memefood.