Meme Meals

Is there a worse food meme than chicken and waffles?
These don't go together. How did it become so popular?
I had it once and didn't know what I was supposed to do. There was a massive waffle, so I figured at least part of it was meant to be used with the chicken; I tore some pieces of chicken and folded it in some waffle and ate it together and it was incredibly dissatisfying. Are you also meant to add syrup to it? I don't want syrup on my fucking chicken. Is it essentially just two meals? Waffles are just shit to be honest; just bread you have to douse in syrup to be not garbage. Just give me a fucking buttery brisket on the side.

multiculturalism
You don't want to be a racist, right user??:)

you have sweet syrup, savory butter, greasy chicken and starchy waffles.

these are flavors that are difficult to find in nature and you have all 4 of them at the same time
IN YOUR MOUTH

fuck you

Come have some Rostcos chicken and waffles. Miles better then your average diner's chicken and waffles.

>There was a massive waffle, so I figured at least part of it was meant to be used with the chicken
Because for this guy the name "Chicken and Waffles" wasn't enough indication they're eaten together

>I tore some pieces of chicken and folded it in some waffle and ate it together and it was incredibly dissatisfying
Well I guess he didn't get the name before and now he's gonna try to make it "Waffle Taco" instead and then become confused by his own creation's mouthfeel.
>Are you also meant to add syrup to it? I don't want syrup on my fucking chicken.
Last but not least we see the subject declining the crucial sauce in the dish.

All in all the issue clearly lies in the dish and not the consumer or personal preference :)

shit is fucking good, use honey instead of syrup and it becomes 3x as good

It wasn't a diner. It was Willy's Chicken and Waffles; it's what they do and Roscoe's is only in California.

The questions are because they are awful together so I don't understand how these shits are meant to be, not that I couldn't figure it out. How is a biscuit or two on the side not vastly superior?

Shit is great, go to roscoes whenever I'm in hollywood

and some purple drank and some collard greens and some corn bread and some ham hawks
oh lawddddd

>they don't go together

Oh please. They go together like gin and tonic.

>but one's for dinner and the other's for breafass

Pure autism.

>but one's for dinner and the other's for breafass
But that wasn't my argument at all.

>inventing characters in your head to be right against
Pure autism.

This is now a gin and tonic thread, what's your favorite gin and why is it Hendrick's?

It's meme trash. Many foods pair better with both waffles and chicken. People eat it because it makes them feel cool like they're in a Tarantino flick. ie, reddit

When the fuck is steak and a pancake going to catch on? It is clearly superior in every way to chicken and waffles.

I thought the reason it became popular was because waffle iron s were expensive and it was a show of wealth.

chicken friend steak with pancakes is pretty popular already

Awful to whom? Everyone? Or anyone born with a permanent shit stain on their tongue?

Maybe a potato pancake, a normal one is too cakey and overly sweet to match. Might as well have hashbrowns then anyways, since the crunch would be a better texture difference.

Oy vey.

What if we made chicken and waffles

but instead of waffles it was toast

and instead of fried chicken it was shredded

and instead of syrup we used hot gravy?

Chicken doesn't have the natural salt content to make that good, and the amount that would would make it dry as shit.

Sausage or chipped beef with outperform it every time, that's why no restaurant serves a biscuits and gravy equivalent with poultry.

NOW you've got yourself a 10/10 meal :^)

European here that had roscoes for the first time when I went to california. The chicken was mediocre and the combination tasted quite bad. Only finished the waffle with syrup.
Overall I don't see the appeal. Fits the stereotype of American food though.

>Oh please.
Pure autism

What if we took the chicken and pounded it flat, breaded it, and fried it.

Then replace the toast with biscuits

and make sure you use sawmill gravy.

Its like you can change the preparation of basic things, in this case chicken, a simple carb, and a sauce, and make lots of different dishes

you can't be a civilized person and enjoy chicken and waffles

spoilers it's "soul" aka nigger food all of which sucks a fuck because black people are poor, moronic, uncreative and boring with anything that isn't a microphone or a gun

>spaghetti sauce

No American can make anything with a tomato without fucking up completely with sauce being the worst example. Expect it to be completely bitter and overloaded with oregano. If you eat good sauce it's likely to be on a thin hipster pizza and it only tastes good because it was imported from Italy.

Idk about drank but the rest of that is good food no matter what color you are.
Also, it's hocks.

who hurt you, user?

The first time I had it was like 10-15 years ago and it was a fried boneless thigh on top of a waffle with a spicy honey sauce, served on top of a buttered waffle. It was pretty great and before the combo became popular. I told everyone about it and to try it asap, etc.

Then I found out the "authentic" version is bone-in with maple syrup and while it was good, it seemed like a pointless mishmash of things instead of something that worked together. I'd rather have waffles with eggs and hash browns for breakfast and a bunch of fried wings for lunch instead of the two haphazardly combined. I'm not sure I'd call it a meme as much as a poor fad. Much like all of the places that poorly cook steak, toss it on a fried banana and call it "jibaritos"

I tried it once at a nice restaurant. It was good. Fuck you.

One of my favorite restaurants does their biscuits and gravy with turkey sausage. It's pretty good.

holy.. i want more..

There's a place here called Ross' that sells something similar. Quoting from the menu:

"Hand-breaded chicken tenders on top of a grilled homemade biscuit piled high with hash browns, scrambled egg & homemade sausage gravy"

It's called the Cockadoodle Doo Mountain, it's fucking great but probably 4000 calories and 60% fat.

I found a picture.

Meme

noun
noun: meme; plural noun: memes

1. an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.
2. an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations.

>not frying chicken in waffle batter

would be so much better if they just did the classic route

OP here. I was hoping others would also share some things that they think of as "meme meals."

Another one that comes to mind, although not quite the same, is when people mash up and mix cornbread into their red beans and rice. Bruh, you done fucked up some red beans doing asinine shit like that.

Anyone have any meals or ways to eat things that you think are dumb?

In Nashville, about 2 years ago, all the "trendy"/"hipster" places for brunch were doing Sirchia & Maple syrup Hot Chicken and Waffles....so fucking disgusting

>is when people mash up and mix cornbread into their red beans and rice

Isn't that usually done by by really old people and people who learned to cook from really old people? It's a "food extender" thing they did during the depression and war time

Nah, living in south Louisiana, I'd see people do it all the time and have talked about it with people my age who like it that way.

Fuck you.

I think black people eat the chicken bones

I love this stuff.

>put stuff together to make bread
>mash it up again

wopww

They suck the marrow from the bones which is a pretty common thing in not just Africa but Asia and south America

A+ delicious. Northerners are missing out.