Veeky Forums Hero approved meta thread

What the fuck mods?
I bet I'm the one that gets banned too.

>he knows it's been like this for years
>he knows complaining won't do anything or might just get him banned
>he persists anyway because nowhere2go ;_;
Don't forget, you're here forever

Its only been like this for 1.5-2 years max and has gotten a lot worse the last 9 months or so. Don't get me wrong, ck has been going downhill for a long time just like most other boards but the mcdicks posting is relatively new and just the latest in a long line of shitty ck trends

I was just over at /bant/ and they have two McChicken threads.

It has been 3 years of this at least. I hate it less than the carbonara or goza shitposting, but these are literal paid marketers who work for McDonald's, it's fucking insane and sounds unbelievable but they actually do it.

>board is called "Food & Cooking"
>multiple threads about food and cooking
>getting angry because you don't like those foods

Do you understand how autistic you are?

I don't remember it being so prevalent 3 years ago. It was there for sure but not as bad as it is now. Maybe I was just distracted by all the wala, sceak, and bird posting. The entire catalog has been Fast Food threads for the last little bit. At least 2-3 years ago we had CK Bingo, Pleb's Kitchen, Bubble Burst's comps, and other OC threads to offset the constant jack posting and Fazoli's threads.

> board is called Food & Cooking
> Filled with shit that hardly qualifies as food
> Almost no cooking threads
> Defends McDonalds astroturfers spamming commercials disguised as threads.

Seriously, look a thread below. That's a FUCKING COMMERCIAL!

> Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization (e.g., political, advertising, religious or public relations) to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by a grassroots participant(s). It is a practice intended to give the statements or organizations credibility by withholding information about the source's financial connection.

Mods are not allowed to delete mcdonalds threads because mcdonalds paid for them.

This board is about food user.
why are you surprised to see threads about food?

This board was great about 10 years ago, I remember the first page would stay the same for about 24 hours and threads would last a week or more in the catalogue. The trolling was quality and there was hardly any repetitive threads like we have now.

I think maybe a sticky like the one they have in /out/ could help us. It pretty much says check the catalogue before posting a thread because your questions might already be answered. Cooking and food is too broad of a subject to have a detailed sticky like the Veeky Forums sticky.

For me, it's the black issue. The best fast food sandwich focused, regionally distributed, quarterly publication devoted to the real questions.

Veeky Forums is american

since you want to make meta threads non-stop after mods have told you to stop, let's address the issue. your screenshot shows 8 threads out of all the others you don't like. of those you circled, there's a:
>what are you having for breakfast thread
with serious replies
>what are you having for lunch thread
with serious replies
>restaurant aroma thread
with serious replies

so what's wrong with these threads? or did you just look for thumbnails instead of actually caring about the quality of the board? a quality discontinued food thread has a fast food thumbnail, why didn't you circle that?

you constantly complain about some shill boogeyman that doesn't exist. these threads aren't sliding good content, so why do you care so much? if you want to look at food pictures without creating OC, go to reddit or instagram

> Product placement, also known as embedded marketing,[1][2][3][4] is a marketing technique in which references to specific brands or products are incorporated into another work, such as a film or television program, with a specific intent to promote said product. While references to brands may be voluntarily incorporated into works of fiction in an effort to maintain a feeling of realism, product placement is the deliberate incorporation of a brand or product in a work in exchange for compensation. Product placements may range from unobtrusive appearances of a brand or product within an environment, to prominent integration and acknowledgement of the product within the work. For example, the producers of a film or television program may be paid to incorporate specific brands of automobiles or consumer electronics in a work,[5] or works produced by vertically integrated conglomerates (such as Sony) may include placements of products from their other divisions as a form of corporate synergy.

>i have no argument so i'll just keep screaming about shills

>a quality discontinued food thread has a fast food thumbnail, why didn't you circle that?
I didn't circle (they're rectangles by the way, so if anything they're selected/encompassed) anything.
Look at the filename. It's from a thread several minutes before this one.
But I digress..

For me it is the McChicken.

>he thinks McDonalds would bother marketing on an image board as low population as Veeky Forums

Blame newfags trying to fit in

stop making these shitty threads faggot

$0.14 per 100 posts, regardless of location/board; that's the rate in Philippines, usually child labor. They post "canned" posts, just copy-pasting what their manager provided, trying to stay somewhat on topic regarding where they post (just look at the pictures of given board/forum/blog/article and pick a post from something on that topic.)

McD doesn't choose Veeky Forums/ck/. McD choose a 'viral marketing agency' for a 'grassroots campaign in social media'. The agency then prepared a set of ads that look like posts, and sent them to the Philippines contractor for 'distribution'.

You know too much.
Watch your back.

BTW, the contractor runs several dozen campaigns in parallel. It's not like the army of kids does nothing but post hamburgers. There are 3-4 kids assigned to Veeky Forums, who post their campaigns to related boards; others scour news sites (that allow comments), other imageboards, fora, blog sites, and so on, posting whatever's relevant from the pool of contracts they have.

meta and off topic:

My solution to /pol/posting is to put a tag onto peoples' posts that show if their IP posted on /pol/ in the last 24 hours. Other users then have the option to turn off tag visibility or to hide posts with /pol/ tags.

I think that's a fair solution.

just filter out the crap and it's all good

let's summon sceak, he'll fix this mess ;_;

thanks mr skeltal

A TWO-PRONGED APPROACH TO IMPROVE Veeky Forums

1. Genocide sip posters
2. American fast """food""" and other amerifat trash must be contained to one thread

It must be working then if they keep doing it and keep getting paid

I can't tell if those are your hidden threads or ones left after filtering out the "crap"

there's no fast food threads so i guess those are his good picks of the litter
the fact that you're doubting either proves he's got shitty taste or that Veeky Forums is over

what are your filters bro

shift-click anything i don't like

ew

lmao
also shit food try a YUM! brand location, five guys, or local burger joints

WHERE CAN I BUY IT? MY SUBSCRIPTION RAN OUT AND IT'S SOLD OUT IN STORES!

can we start doing request a recipe threads

There's also been a steady influx of our version of the tumblr special safespace snowflakes: the /r9k/ emos.

You know the drill. Present your idea to the board of directors and they may approve a thread.

The council chairman hates me though

>he genuinely believes that McDonald's markets here