Tipping Statistics

How do you see yourself after you look at these numbers?

>tip the societally required bare minimum 15%
>because I live in a state that enforces $10 minimum wage for waitstaff and other tipped positions

>tipping

Are you insane? I don't get tips for any map I make and my salary is just as bad as theirs.

>live in a society where you have to spend extra money on a service because employers aren't legally obligated to pay their employees more than dinner scraps

Ameritards truly boggle the noggin

>even if service sucks, never go below 15%

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't give a shit. Get a better job. I don't tip unless I'm going to repeat their service.

This, if service suck, I still have a couple of pennies on my wallet for these occasions.

And I never go back there after.

>tfw you live in a country that doesn't have an idiotic tipping system

:)

>even if the service sucks, never tip less than 15%
Or, OR! I could not pay them extra for shitty service?

I don't tip. I don't believe in it.

I mean I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fucked up. That ain't my fault.

I unironically only tip my barber and that's because he's my fathers friend, and I'm pretty much the only customer they get on Sunday mornings so it's probably a pain in their ass

>even if the service sucks, never go below 15

They can suck a fat baby's dick, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad that there are idiots who pay extra to keep my food costs low.

I tip well if the service is good at a restraint. If its bad I still leave a decent tip and just never go back there. I tip like 50% or more regularly at bars. I've had nights where I go and get free drinks the entire night if the right person is there. I understand I'm paying alot in tips but still, it's nice.

Waiters really are full of themselves if they consider less than 17% a low tip. Fuck you if you honestly think I'm going to tip a fifth of my meal price or higher.

I don't believe in tipping. Any money that a waiter/bartender/driver gets should be from the company they work for.

I think it's ridiculous that, for example, we're expected to tip Pizza Delivery men when it costs the pizza chain $1-$2 to MAKE the pizza that they sold to us for $15.

$13 profit per pie and they can't give their employs better wages? Fuck off. Not my problem.

$1 tip per drink is considered low for a drink at the bar?

>Bartenders make approximately 30 drinks per hour
>making $30 per hour
>times average shift length of 6 hours (10PM - 2AM)
>$30 x 6 hours = $180
>time average number of days a bartender works (3 days per week)
>$180 x 3 days per week = $540 per week
>$540 x 4 weeks = $2160 per month
>$2160 x 12 months = $25,920 per year

Most bartenders do it as supplementary income anyway. That means an average of an extra $25k per year ON TOP OF whatever they do for a day job.

$1 is more than enough to tip per drink, not "low".

Or just be smart and bring a flask. Say you're the Designated Driver and just order Coke. Most places give DD's non-alcoholic drinks for free. Then add your flask contents to your soda.

Wa la.

Maybe if they spent more time studying/job seeking instead of making passive-aggressive useless infographics they wouldn't have to worry about their wage being paid by random strangers.

(You)

>tipping a bartender for serving you a drink

Americans are fucking stupid

I live in the US and have NEVER tipped anywhere when out by myself. if I'm out with friends they all tip but I don't. not because I'm scornful or spiteful or anything like that, but I usually just forget because it's not something that I even remotely care about. why am I a bad guy for not caring about someone I don't know who is just doing their job? if you wanted to get paid for doing tricks like bringing my food on a tray then you should have joined the circus desu

it's not extra

You're supposed to tip cabs??

>hotel bellman
>apartment doorman
those are only for the rich

I've been tipping only 200% for my black coffees. Is that enough or do they hate me?

I only go to collectively owned places where there's no tipping and no pretending to be my friend.

Tipping is a funny thing

If I was wealthy I actually would just leave wads of cash for waitresses and shit, I'd be like the adult fucking santa

>on top of the rip off prices you have to pay the taxi guy you are also supossed to tip him

Is america even serious right now?

>Tipping even if service is bad
Is it 'cause I is European, or does this seem really fkn stupid? How cucked is it to give somebody 15% when they have performed shitty? This table is obv written by some waitress.