Zucchini

What does Veeky Forums like to cook with it?
Every summer I receive a never-ending stream of zucchini from my mother who has a vegetable garden. If I didin't, it's ridicioulusly cheap anyway, making it a very poorfag friendly vegetable.

With young small ones you can:
>stuff it with meat or any filling you like and bake it
>shred or dice and use it in a salad
Larger ones I use for vegetable stew or as a generic vegetable in grains with veggies type of meals. There's also zucchini patties I'll probably make today. I'm bored of this all though, do you have any fun recipes to try?

I usually just slice them into 1cm thick slices, lengthwise, and fry them in a skillet in hot oil, then eat them with just salt and pepper, piping hot.

I find that when fried, they absorb too much oil and get to greasy for my taste. I prefer using a grill pan with just a drop of oil.

Most of the time I just chop it up in little squares and saute it with other veggies.
I also like slicing them lengthwise, hollowing them, and filling them with a ground beef / onion / garlic / bell pepper / whatever the fuck else and pop them in the oven for 15 or so minutes, then top with cheese and broil. Good shit.
Also this but on a grill instead

Stops farts, is all I know.
Heard this on cooking show.

zucchini pasta!

We just slice and steam them and eat with a little butter and parmesan cheese.

>they absorb too much oil
make the oil really hot. If it is hot enough the water in the vegetables will turn into steam, push "outwards" and prevent the oil from being absorbed.

This. Butter is so fucking great with zucchini. Fuck Oil

Tomato, plum-shaped type, 300g
Water, as necessary
Onion, 100g
Garlic, 5 cloves
Smoked lard, 80g
>in the US, bacon grease can be used
>for a vegetarian version, use plain oil but add smoked paprika to the recipe
Salt, as necessary
Eggplant, 300g
Stock, as necessary
>vegetable stock, ham stock or paprika stock are recommended
Zuccchini, 300g
Strong paprika, to taste
Marjoram, a handful of fresh leaves
Vinegar, to taste

Shallow cut a cross onto the skin on the bottom of each tomato; meanwhile, bring water to the boil.
Briefly boil tomatoes, 30-60 seconds, then remove and place under cold running water until cool enough to handle.
Remove skins from tomatoes then crush them, reserving juice.
Thinly slice onion and crush-then-mince garlic then place them and tomato solids into a wide pan with the lard, salt generously and set to high heat.
Cook, stirring constantly, until pan ingredients begin to take some colour then add reserved tomato juice and allow to reduce back out again; meanwhile, cut the eggplant into 2cm thick rounds or half-moons, depending on how thick it is; thick eggplants should be halved along their length before cutting into half-moons.
Add the eggplant and sauté about until contents begin to look dry then add stock to just barely cover.
Allow stock to reduce back out again; meanwhile, cut zucchini into 2cm thick rounds or half-moons.
Add zucchini and sauté a bit.
When it begins to look dry again, add paprika, sauté a tad longer and top off with the last addition of stock.
Allow to reduce some then add marjoram and stir through.
Once reduced to desired consistency, adjust salt and paprika to taste then add a bit of vinegar to add a hint of tartness.
Serve as a side dish as part of a larger meal. Also nice as a filling for a sandwich, particularly with white sausage.

Same here.

I like it seeded and stuffed, but it's also great in a salad. You can also season and saute it as a side by itself for an entree.

One thing I also like to do is cut it thick and grill it. I really enjoy it grilled.

I sliced 2 of them in 1x1 cm cubes together with some sweet paprika7 and made a tarte with them and it was delicous

>One thing I also like to do is cut it thick and grill it. I really enjoy it grilled.
Best way to have it honestly
If you don't have grill in handy, get your pan hot as fuck dry, pat the slices dry and give them a minute or two each side on the pan
top with salt, pepper and bit of evoo afterwards

I can't remember it off the top of my head but my grandmother has a recipe for zucchini bread that is pretty good.

other than that i like em just fried up in a pan

How do you make the zucchini patties?

Thin slices on a pan with carrots over a leek soffritto. Or diced with carrots, eggplant, pumpkin, potatoes and onions in the oven

zuc thread

zuc thread? zuc thread

It's more like zucchini pancakes I guess, not sure of the terminology.
Shred some zucchini (if you have a large one, discard the part with the seeds), add chopped onion and garlic, season with salt, pepper, chilli if you like it spicy, herbs to your taste, I like to add parsley leaves. Beat an egg with a bit of flour, add to the mix so it has a gloopy, batter-y texture.
Fry cakes on very hot oil. They should look like pic rel in the end. If they fail to hold together, add more flour (salted zucchini leaks juices that dilute the batter).
Serve with sour cream, you can put bacon or smoked salmon on them if you're feeling fancy.

Use a peeler to make long strips of zucchini and carrots. Boil tagliatelle or fettuccine. When the pasta is done, you already have the veggie strips in the strainer, so you strain the pasta over the strips, heating them up only briefly so as to not lose much nutrition. Serve as you would normal pasta. I like meatballs in tomato sauce for this.

Cheers, they look way more appealing than the last zucchini fritter recipe I tried.

>not loving zucchini

What the FUCK is wrong with this board?