Jesus christ, Favreau. It's just grilled cheese

Jesus christ, Favreau. It's just grilled cheese.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-76ufmJ5Jd8
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks comfy. I'd have browned BOTH sides of the bread slice before putting on the cheese though. I sometimes make myself Monte Christo sandwiches where everything is dunked in whipped egg before frying. A satisfying complete meal.

>Dip bread in egg.
>Toast in a pan.
>Add the egg on top.
>Sprinkle on pepperjack cheese when near finished.

So stupid

essential numale core

>That'll be 12$ plus tax, and the 40% tip

>numale
You're pathetic.

... what the fuck does that have to do with someone cooking something for themselves?

You're a bitch

Newmail detected

Yeah, this shit makes me REEEEEEEE like no other. That much cheese and grease is disgusting.

Its a metaphor

Doesn't look that difficult. I'd use a bit less cheese though, that thing's too gooey and I like some crunch on my sandwich. If you want more sandwich, make two of them instead of overusing cheese.

It's for his son

>he doesn't make his kids pay for food

>try this on a regular pan
>crunchy parts of bread stick to pan
WOOOOW

>not cooking both sides of the bread

No, they don't. Learn how to season your cookware.

>uses a chopping board just to cut a sandwich in half

His wife's son :^)

I hate self-insert vanity projects like this. Nobody wants to look at your ugly, fat ass for 90 minutes, Favreau, least of all the gorgeous women you cast to pretend their pussies are soaked over you.

there's so much crunch in that thing, listen to the audio of that scene it's disgusting

but muh crumbs

also checked

I was tricked into watching it because it was listed under "comedy." It wasn't fucking even a little funny and his aglio e olio looked terrible.

can we stop having these threads

why is this webm ALWAYS in the catalog on this shitty board

autism, that's why

French toast, eggs and cheese. Congrats faget. Full breakfast.

>Oh yeah, and I think for my ex-wife and the waitress that wants to fuck me I'll cast two of the greatest sex symbols of this generation. What? I'm a lovable guy!

Mayonnaise on grilled cheese. That shouldn't bother me, but it does.

This triggers the retard

I thought it was a maymay for years but then tried it and was pleasantly surprised

what the fuck

The whole movie is about his experience working on Iron Man 2

> slathers butter all over bread
> you would think he'd just toss the bread right on the hot griddle and let it melt the butter and cook with that. but nope..
> drizzles oil on the griddle instead.
> as if there weren't enough heart disease on this one sandwich, the maniac butters the bread once again after it has cooked.
that's no grilled cheese that's a fucking butter and oil sandwich.

Don't forget the jirzya tax.

who gives a fuck if it tastes good retard

what triggers me is all of this on top of what looks like slice from a 50c loaf of bread. Why make such a show of muh love of cooking while using shitty bread?

a butter and oil sandwich doesn't taste good.

butter tastes good and you are in denial.

also he uses white bread because it makes for a better grilled cheese. enjoy being a sophomore culinary retard while it lasts

Now, John, shouldn't you be working on raping The Lion King?

There's no way all that cheese would melt without taking forever and burning the bread to hell. It's literally 6 slices of cheese.

Are you one of those fuckers that always win at the slot machines?

>can't make a grilled cheese for shit

FART CORE
All that time spent on no nutritional value

the funny thing is that this is supposed to be some inspirational 'he still got it!' cooking scene when in reality it's fucking trash and the type of shit you'd see Ramsay fisting up a chef's asshole on kitchen nightmares.

sasuga, america.

I just use the oven desu
It works great

No, it's supposed to show the level of attention, perfectionism and indulgence he lavishes on even the most mundane food he prepares for his passive and unaffected kid.

why the fuck would I season a stainless steel pan you fuckwad.

If this was a recipe written in plain English, none of the children REEEEing in this thread would have a problem. But, because its filmed pretentiously, and because its a maymay, literal children cannot bear to entertain the thought that this would taste good

>filmed pretentiously

Care to explain why I should accept that characterisation? Seems to me that it represents the process of making the sandwich without much faff.

That money is going to put his kids through college someday.

Is this a joke?

No. What's pretentious about it?

The "artistic" and dramatic camera angles for a man making a grilled cheese, and favreaus intense concentration and delicate touch. This is what spawned "Jesus Christ Favreau, its just a sandwich", but clearly you are brain damaged and cant make the connection

>artistic camera angles

So, basically the fact that it's a movie. None of the camera angles are confusing or obscure, what the fuck is pretentious about it?

Do you even know what pretentious means you massive, oxygen starved retard?

looks pretty good to me.

Yes, which is why I'm pressing you to explain why the camera angles are pretentious. What is the pretence? The scene is a professional chef lavishing an unusual amount of attention on a grilled cheese. How would you film it if you wanted that to come across?

>chef with tattoo

I lose my appetite when I see shit like that.

completely agree. cover that shit up at least

honestly, is the El Hefe character the one of the worst father figures in recent history?

>ya son become a cook, and you too can have broken marriages, live itinerant out of a shitty, broken down van selling sandwiches to hicks while struggling with obesity!

Any parent suggesting hospo as a career for their children should be locked up.

Where is the attention, perfectionism and indulgence in the multi-cheese-lesterol lard-wich? It's time to stop making shit up, fatty.

Have you even watched the webm? I don't understand how you can be this clueless, unless you are autistic

Are Veeky Forums users outside of /tv/ really this artistically inept?

pretty much, only /tv/ has the eye for style and nuance that I need when appreciating looking at a sandwich being made

The attention is clearly visible. He watches the sandwich cook, makes sure the butter is spread evenly, adjusts the heat and so on. The indulgence is also clearly visible in the amount of butter and cheese he puts in. Are you even considering the meaning of the words?

Are /tv/tards really this inept at cooking that they think that pathetic webm of tendies-tier cooking is supposed to convey 'attention, perfectionism and indulgence'? Stick to what you know; bane and braap shitposts and kindly shut the fuck up.

>Butter taste good
Fine.

That's not the point you fucking idiot. Oil and butter do not taste good together. It's also just fucking redundant and unnecessary.

Its also looks like he isn't even using a blended oil like you would find in most commercial kitchens; he used fucking olive oil with his butter cheese sandwich. Get your head out of your ass, you know nothing about cooking.

youtube.com/watch?v=-76ufmJ5Jd8

butter and olive oil is like the biggest fucking mistake you can make in the kitchen, don't bother arguing with these mcnugget loving manchildren.

Thank you user.

It's the /tv/tards who shit on this clip all the time you fuckwit. It is objectively apparent that he is paying close attention to the food and being liberal with the indulgent ingredients he's using, consult a dictionary.

>indulgent
>mass produced cheese, butter, white bread

The Americans have woken up lads. Don't you guys have an eclipse to get blinded by?

You got it wrong, they worship the eclipse as an aspect of Jesus 'Cowboy' Christ, first american president on the moon and inventor of the pizza (vegetable).

The "pizza is a vegetable" meme has to do with what's considered a proper meal for children's lunches. Lunches have to include a veggie and congress, specifically for pizza, said the tomato paste on a pizza counted as a vegetable to make school lunches more flexible.

cheese and butter are textbook 'indulgent' ingredients. and buddy, if you get your ingredients off a shelf, it's mass produced you dumb cunt. the person who cooked that grilled cheese is a professional chef acting as a consultant for the movie: he may not even be a good cook by industry standards, but he's definitely better than you.

fucking hell lad, you've really paid attention to the publicity pack of a flick from 2014 haven't you?

>cheese and butter are textbook 'indulgent' ingredients.
he's still at it. Love dem Americans: Even when you're wrong, just say it louder.

literal autism. What were you trying to prove here? Apart from Americans being tasteless slobs with a lack of vocabulary?

>james martin

>seek help

leave, faggots.

you're a fucking moron kek

You literally googled searched the words indulgent together with cheese and butter, you could do that with any fucking ingredient. Hell you could do that with taking a 13" dildo up your fucking arse and still get google results you fucking mongoloid.

What are you trying to prove? Other than the fact you are a moron.

not getting many culinary results for this one

'no'

>all of a sudden neglects to place quotations around keywords

High functioning autism is no excuse to play coy, mouth-breather.

Am I the only one here who liked this movie? I've seen it 3 times now

2cheesy4meesy

Looks like it you fucking dink

It was OK at best. Not good enough to watch more than once.

Butter and olive oil can work. You're very stupid if you don't think it can.
When making Aglio e Olio I sometimes add chunk of butter to the sauce to give it some richness. It rounds out the lemon juice I add too.

Stop being dumbos.

>Stop being dumbos
We're talking about grilled cheese.
They CAN work, but it's pointless.
So you can keep feeling super special about your
>secret buttered noodles

Eat shit.

Is that bread with cheese or cheese with bread?

God fucking Christ, you fat americans, ONE slice of cheese is enough.

>triple dubs

I sure am great, huh guys?

Aglio e Olio is an garlic olive oil sauce. I only add a bit of butter to improve the richness.
>Eat shit
I'd be glad to try your cooking.

I am very aware what fucking Aglio e Olio is. I spent 4 years making that shit to order daily.

You adding butter is just one of those "moms cooking" things.

I'm glad you would be interested in trying my food.

Eat shit

>just one of those mom cooking things
It's a shame, 4 years in a kitchen still a total retard when it comes to food.

I add lemon juice to my aglio e olio, sometimes it's quite sharp and sour tasting, on these occasions I use butter to calm the flavor of the lemon. It's not because "hurrr durr" butter makes everything better.

>hurr durr i cant control the acidity of my simple fucking dish

Go back mom's cooking.