Let's get a baking thread going

Let's get a baking thread going.

Do you have your own recipes?

Pic related, it's my mint chocolate chip cookies.

Other urls found in this thread:

theperfectchocolatechipcookie.com/instruct.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wtf, not sure why it's sideways.

What's your favorite recipes?

Chocolate chip is usually my go to. They are salted, and also has browned butter. Super chewy.

Making mint chocolate chip ice cream right now too, gonna make ice cream sandwiches out of these babies.

>homemade ice cream with homemade cookies
Noice man, sounds good.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the final product.

Going to make meringue cookies out of the left over egg whites, too.

anyone have any good recipes?

Those look fucking tasty

They look really tasty. Also
>That plate
Do you live with your grandma?

I love this recipe. I love chocolate chip cookies and will probably make them like this the rest of my life.

theperfectchocolatechipcookie.com/instruct.php

Now since I'm up, here the recipe.

1 cup of browned butter (I steeped muttled mint leaves in it while it browned, but you can skip the mint all together). Put in fridge so it firms up slightly. Should resemble bacon grease.

1 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of sugar, 2 tsp molasses, 1 egg + 1 yolk, 1tbs vanilla, 1/4 tsp of mint extract (you can skip the mint), 2 1/4 cup of flour, 1tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, 2ish cups of chocolate chips.
Oven at 325.

Cream the butter, sugars, molasses, and vanilla, until it's turned very light, and fluffy, add eggs and keep whipping until it's thick and creamy. Add your mint extract if you want now.
Add dry ingredients slowly until it's all added and fully integrated (don't mix too much, as too much gluten will cause the cookies to be very crunchy, unless you like that)
Add the chips, add put in fridge for 30 mins or so (so they are firm enough to form into balls)

Scoop them all into balls and store in a pan/container, and keep in the fridge for another 30 mins.

Put them on a cookie sheet (important: with parchment paper. This helps the bottom from getting too brown, and keeps then soft and chewy, unless you like crunchy cookies)

Put them in between 12-15 mins at 325.

My oven makes them perfect at 13 mins and 30 seconds.

Thanks, and I'm a late 20s male, grandmother. Love that type of stuff, my house is always comfy af.

Also, they literally are my grandmother's plate. They were #1 free, #2 my grandmother's who taught me how to cook, #3 I love the pattern.

Also forgot to mention, it's a homemade recipe.

Looks very nice user!!

I'm hoping to get something going, other than a tipping thread, tendies thread, or mcchicken... Havnt seen strictly a recipe thread in a while. I know you guys actually cook or bake. Let's see some pictures, go to the store and make your childhood favorite, you owe it to your 10 year-old self.

>premade chocolate chips

theyll be much much better if you get bars of chocolate and you chop them up yourself.

Wow, these look fantastic

these were my first ever loaves. i didn't have any fancy molds or anything so i kinda just made loaf shaped lumps and threw into the oven. they were good

Any pics of the inside? Looks petty dope for first time.

I agree, but the difference is pretty minimal, and the small slivers get melty and messy.

With that being said, I'd eat yours all day long, but chips are easier, and half the price per pound.

no, sorry, it's a picture from a year ago or something
i just wanted to contribute to a thread that actually belongs on Veeky Forums

Did you have fun cooking it? How did it taste?
Love fresh bread, so many great things to do with it.

My first loaf came out like a brick. I didn't kneed it enough, and I think I killed the yeast... It was great with coffee though, it was cranberry oatmeal bread. Still had fun cooking it. Always do.

i usually have fun baking things, i like baking a bit more than cooking because it makes me feel like a pretty housewife
it tasted pretty good, not the best bread i've had but probably top 5 at least. i enjoyed it with butter and cheese, some slices i had with a bit of dried ham. overall good experience.

i haven't really made bread often enough, i do it for special occasions mainly, or when i'm bored and need to kill an afternoon

I asked the lunch ladies at school in 6th grade what those tasty cookies were. and if I could have the recipe. my grandma broke it down into a normal sized batch

Potato Chip Cookies

1 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1 & 1/2 cup Flour
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Crushed Potato Chips
Splash of Milk
Powdered Sugar

cream regular sugar and butter
add vanilla
add flour
fold in potato chips and milk "if it needs it"?
spoon on ungreased pan
bake at 350 for 15 min
remove and roll in powdered sugar
let cool

I'm guessing after making the recipe smaller the milk was probably a couple tsp or barely any.?

That sounds pretty good, gonna try that sometime.

Anyone have any good bread recipes for starters?

Have you chilled your dough for longer than 30 minutes? I've baked at 30, 1 hour, 6, 12, 24 and 36.

For me, 12 to 24 has yielded the best results. That being said - fuck waiting that long for cookies.

No-bake-cheese-cake cookie bowls.

Making pic related right now in a bread machine I found. Will update in 3 hours when I pop it out.

I have, and the difference is minimal for my type of recipe, as they hold together well, anyway.

But I totally agree for recipes with a lot of fat and not a lot of flour, should be chilled for like 24 hours.

I now have a square loaf that is edible. Would be a lot better in a real oven.

>baking thread
>no-bake

enjoy your cool whip mixed with sugar, you fat fuck.