Cooking styles:Rate my recipe/cooking Medieval-ish

I don't go on this board often due to the over-abundance of shit memes and fast food threads, but I wanted a critique on my cooking and to encourage anyone else to post their dishes.

This is being cooked currently so the end result is later.

Ing:
>Wild apples, fuck knows what, from the coast
>Ginger
>Gloves
>Iodised salt
>Black pepper
>Sage and Thyme

Opened the pork joint and seasoned rigorously, cubed the apples and re-rolled and tied.
Dumped in slow cooker on high for 3 hours, final hour roasted in oven after exterior being seasoned with salt, pepper and maybe something else not decided yet.

The cloves and ginger were commonly used in medieval cooking 14-16th century, I've previously made Gamelyne sauce which uses both these ingredients and adds zest to the dish.

I will make a blackberry, apple and gin sauce for later cos why not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x2m9Tuytq1Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my shitty android phone is responsible for the bad pics.

i am excited to see how this turns out

What is responsible for your bad cooking?

what is responsible for your shit posting?

give it 2 hours and you'll know, I do alot of experimental dishes but thought some people might enjoy seeing some, although this is far less "out there" than alot i've done

Sorry to say dude but that does not look good at all, also why the fuck wouldn't you brown the pork? And did you just use any string you had lying around?
Also slowcookers are pretty pointless, unless you're not allowed to touch the stove in which case I get it

3/10 would probably taste just out of curiosity

I see no reason tp brown it first, I'm stewing the apples and softening the meat, plus cooking the potatoes in one.
I re-used the elastic it came with.
My oven is a very cheap, shit electric non-fan oven, the slow cooker is always handy.

>I see no reason tp brown it first,
And that's the reason why your cooking is bad.

Malliard reaction. Read about it.

Seems pretty cool but I think it would've been better had you seared the meat first or done it in the oven

> I re-used the elastic it came with.

wait, so you used elastic string to hold together your roast?

>I see no reason tp brown it first,
Shit cook. Stick to fast food.

can you guys stop fucking with OP? i want to see the results. fucking faggots, fuck back off to your trap thread in /b

OP specifically asked for ratings. Why are you objecting when we're giving OP what he/she asked for?

i guess he did. fuck me

>I re-used the elastic it came with.

The elastic string that it comes in.

Ye mate honestly my oven is shit and I wanted to stew the apples and cook the taters cos my missus gets hungry n wants dinner by a descent hour so I didnt bother browning it, I have done it with lamb before.

I agree with both of you, enjoy the thread.

The last apple was sliced n put in there to soften up, gonna take it out n make a sauce with it soon.

Dat reversal tho.

OMG REMOVE ThE ELASTIC STRING WTF

this is depressing

Browning doesn't take much time, don't be lazy and do it right next time

>plastic/rubber strings in the oven
What the fuck is wrong with you

whats the issue friend?

Out the oven. Tastes good on sample.

Will cut open soon

I'm at a loss for words honestly.

See: >Ye mate

He's not a bad cook--he's just British. They have different culinary norms over there.
youtube.com/watch?v=x2m9Tuytq1Y

The elastic is there to be cooked with it on, I don't know what the confusion is.
Anyway's I think I have produced better than I have ever seen posted on this board, which is usually fatty American junk food with little flavour, or webm's of japanese food.

You're Welcome.

CUT OPEN CUT OPEN CUT OPEN

coming soon, let me eat

Looks like shit, apple ruins the dish

>he's never eaten a meat and apple dish

What's it like being born after 2005?

Wouldn't even feed it to my dead frog

swear to god gonna fuckin kill u when i see u

Waiting to see the final pics.

I'm a big fan of rustic medieval cooking.

Contributes to eating healthy on the cheap and makes terrific meals.

This is after I sliced off a couple of pieces for dinner, i didnt bother taking a picture of the plate. I'll do a gamelyne sauce tutorial soon, and will put more effort in organisation.

I enjoy it for the historical factor, alot of English cooking is thought as carb dense, bland and boring, but we're an old nation with alot to offer.

I really need a camera or a new phone, fuck me zoom out abit

Not very medieval

you are about to eat boiled meat

edgy

very nice. looks tasty and thank you for the OC. this board surely needs it

you're welcome, sorry for the potato camera.

pic related