Fine Italian Cooking

Only fine Italian cooking posts allowed. OC from me, pic related.

I always feel really sad when I'm eating from a paper plate when it's not at a BBQ.

Paper plates used regularly are a good indicator that you've failed in life.

Actually its the opposite. Some of us are busy so having a plastic plate or fork to throw away is a better use of time than having a mountain of dishes every night. I guess for neets who have unlimited time to clean dishes though, it seems bad?

>he can't afford an electric dishwasher

>a shitty machine that squirts water and soap around dishes will clean better than a hand washing

Try again, or enjoy having stains and leftover marks on your shit...

Not OP but I don't have an electric dishwasher, a microwave or a dryer. I use kerosene heater for heat in the cold winter. I have no air conditioner or HVAC system or even vents in the floor to run it to if I did. Stop depending on stupid gadgets and your life may improve and let you take joy in things again.

My dishwasher works perfectly. Most of them do. Stay poor peasant.

>WonderBread!
>pre-grated cheese

Everything in that image is soul shattering. kys

In a majority of situations, it'll usually do a better or equal job than hand washing due to using a higher temperature for the water. The exceptions where hand washing is better are just that, exceptions.

Most of the degenerates on this site don't have wives or girlfriends user

Penne rigate is over done, the ridges are gone at the end of the noodles.
>halved meatballs
>grated parm full of filler from a bottle

Those two blunders are worse than the overcooked penne.

>clearly not using a superior combustion engine or fusion powered dishwasher

You realize you guys are arguing about dishwashing at your own homes? What the fuck is the point of that. Go outside spergies

what about this

What dish is even being attempted here?

Looks like buttered noodles with chicken.
For being buttered noodles, you some how achieved a dry ass noodle dish with haphazardly chopped chicken.

gross/10

checking quads myself for that legendary roll.

it's neither of those, it was tuna and onions

Looks and sounds awful. Where is the seasoning?

Still fucking disgusting.
If you want me to look at your food, try an image quality better than potato. Your presentation is garbage regardless.

Now that is a meal.

Is that pasta even cooked?

hey look, a British person!

I love italian food!

this

I've been mocked on here before. But this thread has convinced me to post some of my creations.
I've been working on Risotto for 4-5 months now.

I've had several of my friends try it and they were all very impressed. I think I've nearly perfected this dish. I even managed to cook 2 batches at once while stirring with both my hands, both perfectly cooked, with perfect consistency.
>INB4 people start hating on my risotto

Looks nice!

What stock are you using? In my experience that's extremely important to the dish.

This was a risotto I made with tomato paste, and Italian sausages.
The creaminess a little different because, I did not toast the rice grains long enough.
Now I've come up with an ideal method for toasting the rice without burning the onions.

from last night

I usually just buy the stock. I'll occasionally make chicken stock tho.
I have tried fish stock, beef stock, and vegetable stock.

For the porcini risotto I let dried porcini's soak in my chicken stock, which gave the stock a brown color and mushroom flavor.

Your mom "cooked" two batches of my "risotto" while "stirring" with both of her hands if you sniff my drift.

>I usually just buy the stock

Work on making it. The problem with storebought stock is that it lacks the texture you get from a good homemade stock. That really improves the dish since risotto is all about texture. If you're forced to use storebought stock then spike it with a little unflavored gelatin.

This was a tremendously successful experiment.
I basically made a white risotto, and put Aglio e Olio sauce and mixed it into the risotto.

Yes, this tasted way better than the traditional noodle version of the dish.

I just got a big stock pot the other day and I plan on making some chicken stock soon.
I remember making chicken stock tho, and it being great when I made Osso Bucco.

I also need to practice Osso Bucco more. this was my first attempt. Tasted great. but the presentation could have been much stronger.

I also make pasta too.

that's soup not risotto

I am always prepared for dumb criticism.
Eat shit and kys.
It looks like that because I shook the plate

Here's my improvised version of spaghetti bolognese.
>made it without tomatoes or tomato sauce
>tomato paste and chicken stock was used to make the sauce.
I'm not happy with the presentation tho.

it's technically linguine bolognese now that I think about it.
here's a close up of the sauce.

listen man, if you don't put tomatoes in your sauce soon, someone else will.

i definitely will try it.
i just made that because i wanted spaghetti bolognese but was using what I had in the kitchen.

>plastic fork
but why

shaking plates doesn't turn risotto into soup, user

sorry to hear about your parkinson's disease, though

the point is the risotto is not watery. watery risotto physically cannot do this.

and a simple shake of the plate completely baffles your retarded mind.

that's not risotto, that's bowl of soupy plain rice

less dishes, i do have a metal fork tho. some haters claim i don't.

>that's not risotto, that's bowl of soupy plain rice
what is risotto then silly?

it's more than just plain rice, and it shouldn't be soupy

glad I could help educate you

>it's more than just plain rice
You are aware that some risotto is served as a side dish, so plain risottos also do exist?
Glad I could re-educate you

then that's called rice

>it shouldn't be soupy
It almost always should be wet.

someone likes risotto youtube videos

no it's still risotto. it's just white risotto which tastes like wine and parmesan cheese.

>wine and parmesan cheese
so more than just rice? unless wine and cheese are also rice

someone has been cooking risotto for 5 months and has studied risotto.

I think this looks good.

it's flavored with chicken stock, salt and pepper, onion, wine, and parmesano reggiano.
it's the most basic form of risotto you can make.

it's not like jasmine rice, it's still rich and very flavorful, but is intended as a side dish..

Risotto guy is okay. He seems to getting the right texture. But, he is using too much fat, which pools on top in a bowl.

i have no clue what you mean desu.
i don't use too much butter.
only like an inch cube to toast the rice in. and another inch cube to finish the rice.

Does this count?

>Turkey
FUCK OFF MOM

>inch cube
>another inch cube

found your problem, halve that. at least.

whats with the color of those noodles, and whats with the color of the meat?

i'll try that.
i only started doing it because i saw italian chefs on youtube using a huge chunk of butter, and no olive oil.
i originally just used olive oil to toast my rice. now i've transitioned to butter.

all the chefs on youtube always use a ridiculous amount of butter.

I'd eat it, your risotto looks yummy.

>officially sidetracked to a risotto thread now

Made this for Father's Day I think it was. Pretzel crusted maple and dijon pork chop with mushroom risotto and haricot vert. The riz was heavenly

Ingredient include iirc:
Garlic, mushroom, onion, white wine, chicken stock, butter, parmesan, cream cheese, dollop of sour cream, and boursin.

>whats with the color of those noodles
Whole grain.

>whats with the color of the meat?
It's called frying.

Thank you.
i feel very proud. now that my friends have tried it. i'm very confident.

Looks like mac and cheese.
>butter, parmesan, cream cheese, dollop of sour cream
Oh, it is.

Looks very rich, how would you describe the texture?
did you use carnaroli or arborio

Different user but I also agree that your risotto looks breddy good.

it doesn't looked fried. the meat doesn't look like it' sbeen browned. it looks like it was boiled in sauce.
what kind of meat is it?
thank you very much.
What kind of meat is it?
>protip: coat your noodles in the sauce rather than piling on top.

I have joy in my life AND air conditioning.

You can have it all.....

Thank you.

Not at all really. Nothing about it is remiscent of such peasant tier pasta. But I suppose you'll just have to take my word for it. Or not.

>it doesn't looked fried. the meat doesn't look like it' sbeen browned. it looks like it was boiled in sauce.
It's both actually. Fried it first, then mixed it with the sauce. Maybe it's the lighting.

>what kind of meat is it?
Pork.

Arborio. Creamy and rich but not wet or saucy. As you can see it's not like soup. Carmelized the mushrooms and onions real good and deglazed. Reserved the veg and garlic mix to add back once risotto reached the right consistency. Everyone loved it and it's very similar to the one I came up with at work. It's such a pain in the ass to make huge portions of it but the customers love it.

That's your argument? Enjoy your Risotto and Cheese. Fucking pleb.

>Everybody loved it

Says the guy who made that garbage. I would have loved to seen all the barely touched butter rice plates of those who

>LOVED IT

Wow, calm down dude. I'm sure people did love his risotto as lots of people do love cheese sauce.

best risotto in the the thread so far

i hear carnaroli is better. I will try it out very soon.
i just know most famous chefs prefer carnaroli.
Yes you look like you made yours very well.

It seems like a bitch to make for a lot of people tho. I personally prefer a slightly wetter, and saucier style of risotto.
Mainly because that's how most chefs would do it.

got a recipe famalam?

We've only ever used arborio and I've never really felt the inclination to use anything else. Maybe one day I will try it at home. As far as big portions go it does suck but I mean there's just no way to make that shit on the fly unless it's par cooked, and making an assload of smaller batches for service would be even worse

>tomato paste
>italian sausage
>chicken stock
>parmesano reggiano
>onion
>butter
>egg and italian parsley
the reason i asked is because your risotto is so creamy looking i assumed it was carnaroli.
how long do you toast your risotto for?

how do you all prefer to make your pesto? personally I use walnuts instead of pine nuts which I guess are supposed to be the 'traditional' crunch element

Looks good user!

Thank you. cute girl btw. what game?

>>>
> Anonymous 08/21/17(Mon)18:11:38 No.9331009 ▶
>File: hack.png (1.1 MB, 1039x803)
>
>tumeric

>most chefs
most chefs have a shit owner, and have to stretch out """"fresh risotto""""" for days.

i'm referring to famous michellin starred chefs.

Rebecca Chambers, that pic is from the latest Resident Evil CGI film Vendetta although you can play as her in Resident Evil 0.

Good question. Until it's done lol. Which I guess is at least a couple of minutes. I used to need specific times when cooking but as I got more experience on the pass and at home you kind of develop an ability to cook things like an order of fish in the oven or maybe some app/side in the fryer that you no longer need a timer set to remind you. It's like an internal alarm going off and you just know. Mutiplied by the numerous things all going on at the same time of courses.

>Michellin
did you not care to google the spelling?

Take both L's.

Congrats on watching youtube videos. You aren't a chef, accept it.

If you had experience in a commercial kitchen, you'd understand that you don't get it wrong more than once without demotion.Keep posting your child like "attempts" at different risottos. Stick to one dish, cook it several times daily. Oh, that sounds like shit? No kidding. Leave the real cooking to the daily cooks.

But you'll keep telling yourself that your weekly risotto is "to die for". Go and get a proper dish you poser.

You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Risotto.

Incorrect. you've clearly never worked in a kitchen but keep spouting off at the mouth like you have a clue