So how are you supposed to eat a mango?

So how are you supposed to eat a mango?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hcEN2t3tPhk
foodandwine.com/recipes/green-mango-dipping-sauce-mak-muang-som-klub-jaew-wan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Slice the broad sides, score, and cut off the chunks. Graze your teeth against the skin. Cut off what you can from the narrow edges and suck on the spongey pit. Eat the chunks. Then floss your teeth to get all the fibers out.

I see, because all this time I just been peeling the skin and then eat as much as possible around the core.
>Score
Pic related

Cut in thirds lengthwise, the pieces without the pit you cut slice the meat in a checker pattern and then invert it so the pieces stick out.

How to avoid "sticky" fingers while slicing the meat. Mango's are too slippery to slice

I slide either side of the pit.
Then I peel those halves, and I like the mango in big chunks right into the freezer. Keep them around and enjoy just like a popsicle or for a smoothie later.

I adore mangoes with curry chicken salad.

Green mangos are amazing when you marinade them or for making chutney

Are Mango's really better in India?
I have an Indian friend who constantly talks about how much better Mangos are in India than in the states.

into thirds lengthwise

I'm going to imagine that mango's in India are a lot fresher then the ones in America.

With Tajin

With your mouth.

Monica.
Shit is tasty.

insert a fork at the bottom, through the seed. score four lines evenly down from the pointed top and pull down on each peel.

Peel, cut off both broad sides following outline of core. Make a single cut around the core for trim. Then eat it or cut into smaller pieces

itt: plebs without a mango tree + roasties who saw a hedgehogged mango on instagram
>slice mango into three parts (two thick sides and the seed slice
>take a spoon and scoop the meat out of the sides (if it doesn't come out quickly, it's not ripe)
>discard the seed slice, it's too messy and the flesh immediately surrounding the seed is stringy bullshit

Congrats! You just prep'd a mango correctly. All other posters in this thread are faggots and I am the best.

>plebs without a mango tree
Well excuse me for not living in a tropical country.

I just eat the thing like an apple, skin and all. well not the seed.

To score means to cut. Not real deep though. I usually make some kind of grid pattern, and then I have a bunch of little mango chunks. I eat it with a toothpick afterwards.

I live in the United States
Learn how to garden, nerdo

Well I live in Scandinavia

Very nice!
Send me a letter so I can mail some anthrax to your return address for posting something so meek and milky, gayboy

I wish I thought of this

until you put too much force on that lip and you get shards of glass heading towards your arteries

just don't do that

wow that was hard

>step 1 take off clothes
>step 2 go in pool
>step 3 eat mango

It depends on the variety. In America a lot of places only have fibrous mangoes that are grown because they're hardy, I think they're called Haden mangoes. Honey/Ataulfo mangoes or something similar might be more popular in India, they're sweeter and more fragrant with hardly any fibers.

>tfw you're basically hagrid from harry potter
>somehow accidentally broke a wooden spoon in half
>barely bumped into someone one time and they basically went flying into a cabinet and now they're scared to be in a tight space with me
>go to pet a tiny kitty and she stumbles because you weren't gentle enough
>"just don't break stuff and be gentle"
>mfw

kys its food dont be a pussy.

Bite into it. The skin is edible. Once you get to the pit, you crack it open and eat the seed inside.

like this

Exam Gloves

1. apologize for being white
2. post about it on facebook for cuckpoints
3. choke down more foul tasting '''diversity food''' to show how much you love migrants

something wrong with you m8

You mush the insides without ripping the skin, then you make a small cut and drink out of it

t. went to Vietnam once

he found Veeky Forums through the facebook page

Are all Americans really this fat and clumsy?

peel it with your hands and eat it?

Are they onions? Wtf cunt

Try mexicans specially from south
>fresh
>not indian mango
Also they are shit free

huh...

n..not all of us

With a teaspoon, tear the skin off gently with your lips (this is the weakest part of your mouth, you won't disturb the mango this way). Then make incisions in the meat with your spoon, the scoops should be the diameter of an eyeball... eat and enjoy

Here's how to do it if you're retarded:

youtu.be/hcEN2t3tPhk

Slice into thirds, scoop out from there.

If green mango, serve like this with fermented shrimp.

Not fat, just 6'4", about 220 lbs, lift weights/exercise 6 days per week. Kind of hard to be gentle sometimes.

MOST
[spoiler]that shit tastes good though[/spoiler]

Same. I also have a mango tree.

Post pic

Have you ever seen the jack videos? There's your answer.

This is the only real way to eat a mango. You can then either eat the hedgehod with your hands, or turn it back into a bowl and scoop out the mango cubes wiht a spoon.

I enjoy mango.

Only way to eat a mango: foodandwine.com/recipes/green-mango-dipping-sauce-mak-muang-som-klub-jaew-wan

I don't have a mango boludo.

>discard the seed slice
nani

this is the only right answer

With chilipowder and lime.