Why

>sir, here's your check even though you haven't asked for it. I'm going to need you to pay up and leave in the next 10 minutes or we're calling security. Remember to leave a tip!

Are American restaurants actually like this?

Nope.
I bet this was really funny in your head though.

where did you get this idea from? haha sounds funny though

this is hilarious because it's 100% true

To be fair my last time in a US restaurant about 2 weeks ago now they came and gave us the bill before offering us dessert. They removed individual plates before others had finished and altogether tried to seriously rush everything.
Back in the UK now, yes I know.

no

samefag

what? where did you hear stupid shit like that?

>They removed individual plates before others had finished
why the fuck would you care about or even note this?

>table turnover isn't an issue
>my party can hog the table as long as we want, preventing others from using it!

>implying that's how it is
most people who go out to restaurants in America will stay like another 20-40 minutes just to talk like fags the tip meme is accurate though >young passive aggressive waiter always hovering over your shoulders to kiss ass and get the delicious tip money
I only tip to those who really deserve it desu familia

They wait until you have finished eating to hand you your bill. They don't tell you to pay in the next 10 minutes or anything, although if you wait for an excessively long amount of time after eating to pay your bill, you're probably an asshole. Tipping is customary, but no one tells you to do it.

I wish restaurants where like that.

>go into a place for lunch
>its packed
>can see a table from the doorway
>4 young woman talking
>they have empty dessert plates in front of them
>one has a takeaway container
>drinks half empty
>wait 10 minutes
>finally get a table
>order, get my food, eat, leave
>on the way out I see they are still there
>all the plates and drinks are gone
>bill is on the table
>they are still fucking talking
>meanwhile 2 more parties are waiting to be seated

if you don't tip at least 15% people will get pretty fucking mad though

go somewhere less busy then. Any decent city has more good restaurants than enough people to make them all busy, especially at lunch time

it’s an american thing. restaurants are notoriously bad at seating people and wait staff are notoriously bad at serving more than a couple tables at a time

if a waitress is struggling, she’ll never show up at your table because she doesn’t want to be seated another. if they profile you as a bad tipper or cheap, they’ll rush you out

>staying at hotel in ny
>baggage handler asking people for tips prior to doing his job to "make sure the luggage gets there quickly and safely"
>floor manager comes in and tells him to get the fuck on with it
I carried my own stuff
who asks for a tip /before/ even doing anything

I honestly don't see the problem. When I go out to eat with friends/family, we want to spend time together, chat for a while digesting, maybe order a drink or coffee afterwards. Why do you excpect people to just shovel down their food and rush out the door? If it's full go to another restaurant, if it's restaurant you know and like, just make a reservation.

Ah that's a scumbag trying to take advantage of as many people who aren't tourists what a piece of shit

not him, but it's brit custom (and rest of europe I think) that they're cleared together. When I moved it was weird that they took them one by one but now I think I prefer it. I don't want some dirty plate in front of me for the sake of it.

I literally never tip if I don't think I'll be back there for at least a year. They won't remember me.

reminder that tipping an underpaid worker literally encourages employers to get away with horrendous wage practices

I used to work at golden corral, we were never allowed to kick customers out no matter how long they stayed, I'm talking 4 hours , the worst was this family that stayed 30 minuites after we closed we couldn't even start taking things down until they left

>remove empty dirty plate from table
>this is bad to do
god you brits are so fucked up

>yuros are so unbelievably browbeaten by their governments and their daily muslim attacks that the mere concept of not following a voluntary social paradigm and standing on your principles with regards to tipping seems an impossibility to them.

fuck off back to your containment board, cuck

>implying I'm /pol/

>come into thread
>shitpost about muslims and european governments with only the most minor connection to Veeky Forums
>lol why you sayin' im from pol

uh, yuros dont tip sweaty :/

>wahh stop shitposting in the designated shitpost thread
>30 obsessed yuro threads a day are a-ok but how dare you shitpost back at them!
>you have to be /pol/ to notice the mountains of bodies in yurop that terrorist attacks are causing
top wew

The whole thread is about a yurop coming to america bud, could have stood on his principles but as I said, he's too browbeaten. Sad really.

>yurop coming to america bud
my bad, it's about a yurop trying to understand a world where he has a choice to do something or not and he's too cucked to do what he wants lel.