Non-Traditional Plating

Why?

>inb4 sink nachos

do I even want to know?

nachos in a bowl that looks like a sink, the implication is that everything is in them including the kitchen sink. i don't have the image, sorry.

I don't think their presentation panned out the way they wanted it to

oh okay, I was worried they would be in a real sink or some shit

>Why?
fewer disches to clean, that's why. Plus if you leave the food in the already hot and heavy as fuck iron pan it is going to stay hot wayyy longer than when you take it out and put it on a cold plate.

Isn't that a liability though? I mean it multiplies the potential for a customer to burn themselves. Put a few kids south of 10 at the table and you're suddenly on the phone with your lawyer.

Eggcellent punmanship.

Not to mention how expensive it is to have that many pans. Plates are so much cheaper than pans especially good ones that are going to be suitable for cooking and serving in though in OPs pic its clear that that is a clean pan and that the food wasn't prepared in it which takes out the its stays hot argument and increases the cost by a lot.

you would still have to clean the pans

only difference is you would be cleaning an ass load of pans instead of plates

Honey, can you fit the plates in your purse?

WHAT? I never clean my pans, I simply throw them into the nearest body of water.

I don't have to clean shit. That's what dishwashers are for. It doesn't change the fact that it offers no advantages other than presentation because you have to have more pans which are much more expensive than plates and heat retention doesn't matter since you aren't serving in the same pan that you cooked in.

I usually assemble burgers on a chopping board then eat them over the sink.
I mainly eat burgers. No plating required, and the chopping board doesn't even get that dirty

>Chopping board
you sick son of a bitch user, i'm genuinely triggered, a chopping board has no lip just use a plate it's so much more simple, it's easier to wash afterwards, you're chopping board is probably filthy, I'm fucken upset man get this burger board brunch meme shit out of here

I don't use the chopping board as a plate. I just assemble the burger on the board, because where else am I gonna assemble it? Position the board next to the sink, and then lean over the sink and consume.

It's not a question of why, but rather, 'Why not?'

Yep, OP must be some kind of normie.

Chicken on a fucking hubcap.

this, i fucking hate it so much when restaurants put food on wooden planks up to the point where i've asked the waiter/waitress to give me the food on a plate.

xD
Edit: Wow, thanks for the gold kind stranger!

Hottest trend in iowa: food on a SHOVEL of all things! Can you imagine?!

>Picture for ants
Why?

because hipsters generally have a lot of disposable income and need fodder for their social media accounts.

except it's not really fewer dishes to clean, since that pan is not used to cook the food in.

>Why?

*because* it's non-traditional. Doing something different makes your product stand out among the crowd.

Like anything else that's 'different' this will attract the attention of some people and will turn others away.

>India
>Shit in streets
>Use toilets for fine dining

Lmao wreckt you can't argue against this point

>never eaten at a restaurant that serves a hot dish
Stick to talking about your tendies, kid.

You must not eat out much. It's very common for food to be served on burning hot plates. Many places, even massive chains like Chili's, serve food on "sizzle platters"--cast iron plates that are heated up like mad and brought out to the table with the food still sizzling. If you to go nearly any stereotypical "tex mex" restaurant and order fajitas you'll get it served on a sizzle platter. Denny's has those "skillet" entrees. The list goes on.

>put food in toilets but dont shit in it

I burn myself every time one of these fucking things comes out.

Oh my fuck

>panning

How is that possible? Why would you ever touch it?