What do you do with this part?

What do you do with this part?

Eat. Cut off the rind and cut into slices. Very tasty. Some people say it's the best part of broccoli.

goes with the florets

Throw away

Isnt it just nice to see vegetables on Veeky Forums

Break it off at the store because they sell by the pound... or kg if you're autistic. If not kut thr rind and kook it like normal.

Throw away or use for stock.

Straight into the trash

Dont throw it out for fucks sake. Cut it in half and it will cook at the same time as the rest if you are blanching/par boiling. Or you can peel it then cut it thin for stir fry

feed it to my guinea pig

Vile weed. Throw it away.

Shove it down your garbage disposal

You can shred it or julienne it and make it into slaw

I just started eating broccoli and have wondered myself. I think I wanna cut it very small like Paulie did in goodfellas in prison with garlic. Maybe mix it with some cottage cheese and just get it down.

Has to be good for you

>rind
Eat the whole fucking lot your sperglord

Let me guess, you've never prepared fresh broccoli, did you?

I love broccoli but I've never tried to eat the stem

Genius.

This is why I take the marshmallows out of the lucky charms and the heel off the bread. Damn big corporations think they can manipulate me.

>feed it to my guinea pig
I do that, too! But not too much, as broccoli makes them gassy.

Peel.
Shred into matchsticks.
Stir-fry with noodles or add to pilaf.

Stir fry

Roasting

All the time, fresh from the market garden. No such thing as "rind". It's not fucking bacon. Find a better word if you think the outer layer is such a problem that it can't be eaten.

peel it back til you see no more stringy bits, then cook it and eat it. poor mans artichoke

This. Peal off the leaves, cut off that little bit at the bottom and just cook that shit. If you find the skin too tough i guess you can take off a little bit with a veggie peeler.

what said. The stringiness is the reason why you peel that shit. At least the lower parts.

is it just me or is that stemmy part often way sweeter than the flower part?

Its a bit sweeter.

theres a lot of good shit that most people throw away. try eating carrot or turnip leaves

One time i bought carrots that still had the greens on top. I chopped some up and mixed it into some fettuccine alfredo. Was bready good.

throw it in the trash

compost it or use it for broth

does it really break off that easily? or do you bring a big fucking knife to the store?

>cooking the broccoli

>your sperglord
Thanks for the tip, oh my great sperglord

feed it to my guinea pig

shit, are you me in a time loop?

Put it up me shitter

You eat it.

Just put it with garlic onion milk and vegetable stock in a mixer, and give it a short boil.

Shove it up your pooper

I eat it raw like the rest, only a turbopleb cooks broccoli

If im feeling a little gassy i feed it to my guinea cat

You do steam your carrots though right?

Of course not

peel it and eat it raw

What a fucking twerp

Compost the very bottom, slice the rest of it diagonally for stir-fries and curries.

Freeze it with other vegetable scraps and use for stock later on.

very floral in fried rice

feed it to my bunnys

It just tastes like broccoli, dude. Slice off the outside, slice it into rounds, and cook it with the florets.

Wait people actually throw that "part" away? You eat it, what the fuck is wrong with you faggots

Eat it. You're wasting food by throwing it out.

Grind it up and smoke it

The other day when I was in the shop some old people where pulling the leaves off the cauliflowers in the store. I thought maybe it was so the cauliflower would weigh less and end up cheaper, I looked at the price though and they don't sell cauliflower by weight, it's sold as a single item.

This, seriously. Phenylalkyloids are a fucking kick