I made Bebop-style bell peppers and beef

(with a side of rice and sweet corn)

Any more anime/pop culture recipes Veeky Forums should know about?

You ruined it with the corn.

>actually has beef
You fucked up user.

I'm not Spike Skeleigel. I actually need protein to catch bounties, friendo.

Nah, this is spicy af (cayenne & serrano peppers) and sweet corn is a worthy japanese snack food meme. Corn is a good addition.

post the scene in cowboy bebop where they made this

It's literally in the first few minutes of the first episode

screencap it man. don't make a thread where you refer to a dish from an anime and don't show what it looks like in the anime.

I was gonna make this I ruined it by adding tomatoes. It ended it up turning in to a guisado

Why does someone else have to do the work for you? Especially when they are referencing something that is very well known & widespread?

Anyway, there's not much to see, it's just a couple seconds of generic shitty stir-fry animation with a dialogue comment about how they're making bell peppers and beef but don't have any beef.

>pepper steak
>"anime/pop culture"

are you retarded

I know it's bait but I'm so mad

i do not remember what it looks like at all.
i just think it's very inappropriate to post your rendition of a cartoon dish without showing the original.
You're the OP. it should probably already be included.

You're an autistic nitpicker, please fuck off

user you need to go outside more, frying meat and vegetables together isn't a pop culture reference, it's basic "caveman invents a frying surface" shit

Don't be lazy. you know what you should be doing if you want your thread to be successful.
provide the source material.

i'll be saging your thread now.

Who said anything about pepper steak? It's a stir fry cooked in a wok.

And why would this be bait? The "beef-less stir fry" is a running gag in that show, and while I don't care for the show myself you'd pretty much have to be under a rock to miss it. It was super popular, enough so that it was broadcast on normal TV, so even if you weren't a weeb it would be pretty easy to come across it.

you literally made pepper steak
what you made is called pepper steak

first of all no one is talking about the show, you're the only one with some weird fixation on it

second, it's not a "running gag" it's a single interaction that happens in one scene

and third, this isn't a unique dish, this is, like other anons are saying, PEPPER STEAK

New user here, the green peppers and beef, with no beef are in fact a recurrence in the show. In fact I seem to remember it ending up as plain peppers.

Triggered.

To me, pic related is "pepper steak". And in the show they call it a stir fry, not pepper steak. I've never heard it called that, but a google search shows I am wrong and I stand corrected.

>second, it's not a "running gag" it's a single interaction that happens in one scene
It happens in several scenes. I know, I forced myself to watch the whole show twice because I couldn't figure out why it was so popular. The beef-less beef stir fry gag was the only thing I found funny the whole time.

>>and third, this isn't a unique dish,
I'm sure the idea of cooking "pepper steak" without the steak is fairly unique. And I don't know of any other media making that joke.

jesus..

I'm leaving this fucking bait thread

>Bebop-style bell peppers and beef
>there's beef in it
Stop pretending you have any fucking idea what you're talking about.

You actually completely failed at the dish.
it was so simple but you were too retarded to actually use the ingredients they used.
>shitake mushrooms
>green bell pepper
>onions
>NO BEEF
The entire point is they are making a stir-fry but can't afford beef.

i'm the dude who told you to post a picture of what you were making, i found a picture on google images so fucking quickly

this is either autism or another strand of retardation

have a (you)

go fuck yourself