How to cook the perfect Ribeye steak (boneless)?

How to cook the perfect Ribeye steak (boneless)?

I'd apply heat on both sides until medium rare.

sous vide to rare then a quick sear

a deep rub with brown sugar and maple syrup and then roast on high at 350 for a half hour

Focus your ki energy into both your hands and then hold the steak between them until it is cooked to perfection.

Microwave is the best!

90 seconds on 700W give you a medium rare

1. Salt and pepper
2. Let meat come to room temp before cooking
3. While resting periodically dry moisture with paper towels
4. 3 minutes per side highest heat your stove has (including the edges)
5. Remove and rest wrapped in foil
6. Cognac to deglaze, wood spoon scrape fond.
7. Little red wine, cook down till proper thickness. Use corn starch slurry if takes too long
8. Apply glaze to steak

What are you asking of me?? That's a pretty advanced technique. I'm just a simple home cook not a professional.

What I like to do is wait for a sunny day and use a magnifying glass to focus the suns energy and dance it around the surface area of the steak, I do this on the sidewalk. Then I flip the steak and repeat until it's well done. Then I move it inside via paper plate and apply ketchup.

Boom, perfect steak.

>doing this during a solar eclipse

Nice plan you got there.

Did somebody say...
B O N E L E S S ?

The steak turned out medium instead of medium rare. Is this because I use an electric stove instead of a gas stove?

>Is this because I use an electric stove instead of a gas stove?

No, it's because you cooked it too long.

2 minutes each side? Seems quite short actually.

It's obviously too long since the inside is cooked more than you would have liked.

You have a very thin steak so of course its cooking time will be short.

pan: nice and hot, add olive oil, sear for a while and there you have it; chicken tikka masala in under 10 minutes.

>3. While resting periodically dry moisture with paper towels
don't do this
either salt right before putting on pan so it doesn't draw out moisture or salt several hours before hand (even 24h before is good) and let the steak rest so the liquid reabsorbs in to the steak
also pepper goes in after you have cooked the steak, you are gonna burn it otherwise
other than that not too bad, I'd baste the steak with butter towards the end tho

Well first of all you're going to want a thicker cut steak than that. That shit is going to curl up in the pan like nobody's business.

>burn the pepper
Never heard of steak au poivre?

You leave the peppers pretty coarse for steak au povire, I assumed, unless otherwise mentioned that you just use pepper mill and that small pieces of pepper will burn

use any spice recipe of ur choosing, but some people prefer just salt&pepper. Experiment and find what u like. Now let it sit until its room temperature and the salt has finished sinking in about 40 minutes. Cook it max 4 minutes on each side. Then let it sit in oven for 3 minutes or less then let it sit for 1 minute or so. Oh yeah use canola or peanut oil.

>either salt right before putting on pan so it doesn't draw out moisture

You WANT the salt to draw out moisture from the surface of the steak. That helps you get a better sear. It's not going to "dry the steak out" unless you left the steak packed in a massive amount of salt for days.

>fire up the grill
>let it get nice and hot
>sear for 20 seconds on each side
>throw it on a plate and eat it

Perfection.

Never had an issue with burned pepper, but I grind my pepper coarsely as I like the texture.

I'm with the other guy, blotting moisture from the steak promotes a nice crust and does not affect how juicy it is.