How do I overcome my picky autism eating habits?

How do I overcome my picky autism eating habits?

Deliberately do things outside your comfort zone. Start small, work up from there.

Just force yourself to try new things. You'll like most of them

Move out of your mommy's house with a low wage and spend a few years starving. That's what did it for me.

NO. I already have tried new things and I hate them and sperg out and go back.

I have done that. I buy a big bag of frozen chicken, and I eat plain chicken. I buy a lot of peanutbutter, I eat peanutbutter with a spoon. I buy cheese slices, microwave a bunch in a bowl and eat that with a spoon. This doesn't decrease autism I think, it increases repetitive eating habits, which is part of what makes it autistic

so, you need to stop seeing being uncomfortable as the worst thing ever. it won't kill you. don't buy food that's unhealthy. you can keep eating chicken but you need to force yourself to only have better options around for a while

I used to have shit tastes like you, wouldn't eat stuff that was too foreign like thai or Mexican, I forced myself to eat those thinga and I quite like them now

fuck you manbabby, you don't have autism you're just a spoiled faggot

>I was raised by a single mom

Your response to the idea of trying new things is:

>NO.

Fuck off, you're not even good at bait post.

I wish there was a law in the US that everyone at age 18 was required to go 1 week without any food, only water. There would be no more adult picky eaters. Problem solved. It's a pipe dream, I know, because too many people get satisfaction by mollycoddling these spoiled brats.

there was a sentence after that

from the age of 11 I was but I think these habits predate that

well either way, how solve the problem

Try new things. Find a recipe for something you've never had, buy the ingredients, and make it.

Yes, and that sentence was meme'ed out nonsense.

If you aren't willing to try anything new, then what the fuck are you looking for here? Keep eating like a dumb child, or make some changes, like an adult would. Simple shit

But i'm here responding to bait, so i guess i can't act like i'm not a fucking mong.

>inb4 leddit spacing

You can't, because you won't want to do the effort. I'd feel sorry for you, but I hate autists because they don't give a shit about how their existence affects others. It usually comes with a big pile of narcissism.

>liberal

does that apply to this case? Im not sure how this affects others, if I live alone

everyone i know who is a picky eater assumes they hate X, no matter what

their initial thought about ANY food is "gross" until proven otherwise. guilty until proven innocent. the food has to prove to you why it's not bad.

it's normal to have tastes and opinions but that's a terrible mindset for anything. you will fail in any pursuit if you assume it's bad, you suck, you can't, etc

>Asks how to overcome his pickiness
>Gets told to try new things (the only possible answer there could be)
>"NO."

close eyes

If you're like me, it's texture that bothers you rather than taste, right? Like I cannot eat things that have certain textures that remind me of vomit, like apple sauce, I also while liking potatos done in most ways, refuse to eat mashed potatos, because of the texture. I like the flavor of most fruits, but can't stand the textures of really pulpy ones like oranges, so I can only really do juice.

It sucks but I can't just make myself not have a gag reflex.

I can't wait until autism becomes a capital crime.

I'm kinda the same.

I'm in Korea. First time I ever tried Kimchi was in Australia. Fucking disgusting.Like a lot of Korean side dishes. But I tried them. Funny, I actually the taste of Kimchi Soup though. Anyway. I didn't just try once then go never again. I always try mix it stuff it see if I can make it taste less...shit. With meat, with onion, with some cheese, with some lettuce. No. It makes everyone of those things taste shittier than just having them normally.

So basically. Who cares. If there is something you genuinely just find disgusting and has no good taste when eat it, don't bother eating it. Don't let anyone force you to eat it or tell you you're picky eater because you just don't like the taste of something.

I don't find black women attractive, think I'm gonna date a black woman? Fuck no. Might try one. Stick my dick in her a bit. But other than that...not very attractive to me. Preference.

*actually like Kimchi soup tho.
and ps.

only commies are the type of people that say you should like everyfood, stop being picky etc etc

maybe in some cases... chicken salad for example. Scrambled eggs that probably applies too, but eggs in general just the smell, or sometimes just the thought of them makes me gag.

And then there's tastes. So I don't think I could say it's ALL texture.

first of all: stop calling your eating habits picky and autistic, this is negative thinking and keeps you in the victim role.

I recommend this. Buying high quality ingredients and using them myself has really helped to embiggen my noble spirit.

textures and cold food were a huge no to me, now most cold foods (not sauces) are no problem to me, the texture can vary so much you can aim for the one you like when you make it yourself. Also I LOVE beer so adding the right beer to every recipe for pairing or eating adds another dimension to me being excited about what I am about to eat.

I lost a stone in two weeks in Korea,

This may not work for you or others but it worked for me.
>find a local restaurant
>go at least once a week
>look at the menu carefully
>if something sounds like it'll be good, get it
>eat the whole thing, even if you don't like while you're eating
>keep doing this with the menu until you find at least 3 things you like
>find a new resturant
I started out at my local Chinese restaurant but you can start anywhere. Just don't do fast food from the get-go. Too easy.

Probably from still having a child-like mentality... where "everything looks icky" and you won't even give it the time of day. I overcame that in my early 20's and started actually enjoying vegetables on my pizza and various other meals. The older I got, the more I started paying attention to the benefits of vegetables and the consumption of them. My poops started getting better and better. I started looking better and better. And started craving vegetables with my meat more and more.

I became fond of the health benefits of this obviously healthy food group and stopped acting like a bitch and stopped over-judging them. I guess it's just a maturity thing.

Certain vegetables I still keep away from. Like sweet potatoes. Can't stand them. But leafy greens.... broccoli..... carrots, fuck yea gimme all that stuff when I'm eating meat. Especially shish kabobs.

Start exploring the world cuisine. Don't just get slightly out of comfort zone "maybe a little broccoli on my pizza (thin crust, cut in 8 pieces) won't be so bad after all". Try foods whose half of ingredients you can't even name. Order items whose names don't tell you anything. Make it an expedition - exploration.

Afterwards, silly little things you care about should appear funny.

I'm gaining weight, at least I think, because of how much alcohol I've been drinking.

I realized the weight I was gaining from drinking too. I challenged myself to stop drinking for a month last month. It was tough. Tough as nails. But I actually overcame. It got easier in the 3rd week. Started doing pushups 6 days a week. I noticed weight loss and vibrant energy. I started drinking this month again. But I plan on going the whole of September without drinking again.

but this is getting to another topic but, except for fast food restaurants and take out, wont they make fun of you/think low of you if you go into a restaurant alone

what should I say then

gradual exposure over a long period of time

t. previously picky eater

Use the best spice; Hunger. Wait until you're super hungry before you try things.

5l barrels of Hite Red or soyju ?

Why should what a complete stranger thinks of you be important to you? If you like the food the place serves, go and enjoy it.

So? Who gives a shit?
You're paying money, it doesn't matter what Ching Li or any other waiter thinks of you.

Turn 25

What the fuck

Is this really an issue where you live? Here the only reason not to go to a restaurant alone is if you're not hungry or don't have the money. Or if it's a shit restaurant.

Restaurant is a place where they sell food. It's not a fucking social affair.

>wont they make fun of you/think low of you if you go into a restaurant alone

Of fucking course not. I've been traveling for my job for nearly 20 years now. I very often eat out alone due to that. I've also done it many times when I want to check out a new restaurant that looks interesting. I've never once been made fun of or had snide comments made behind my back.

And even if they did, so what?

Turned 25 in march

The staff are always very gabby college kids whereever I have gone to a restaurant, and I never see people alone

You've been going to places that catered to your picky autism eating habits. You're supposed to change that.

I'm glad someone said it before I had to.

And why would that matter? Who cares if there are a bunch of college kids working there?

Then there is no saving you

I love eggs, that's weird dunno how someone could dislike them .. Anyway, if it was mostly a texture aversion sometimes you can find ways of preparing the same food that gives it a different texture. Like my mashed potatoes example. It just means that instead of mashed potatoes you go au gratin, or bake one. If it's by yourself that's no big deal and even with family they can usually accomodate something like that. It is kind of an issue when it comes to larger family meals like Thanksgiving and Christmas however since mashed potatos is the easiest way to have potatos for a large group and most people like them.
But when cooking for yourself it's possible to expand what you like by preparing things in different ways to give different extures.. like if it was just scrambled eggs but maybe you can do poached or sunny side up, or even just french toast
I puree or juice a lot of things to deal with texture issues, it at least lets me get some veggies and fruits that way.

Yeah when cooking by yourself you can adapt, cover a bad texture with a different texture, or just prepare something a different way. Can't stand apple sauce it will actually make me throw up but I can just eat fresh apples all day.

It is hard dealing with family or friends though. They don't understand that someone can be revulsed entirely by texture. While I might like fresh blackberries I won't eat their jar of homemade blackberry Jam. They see it as "well he likes blackberries, he should also like blackberry jam, it's the same thing"

But that's autism for you, sensory aversions.

become really hungry like way past starvation mode, when you get tired instead of hungry

Doesn't help.

Not OP but I sympathies
I only eat:
bread/breaded things with cheese or chicken of some sort
pizza-pepperoni
fries

you know random junk food crunchy shit
my diet is ONLY protein bars, peanut butter, a small pizza every now and then

and then a ton of vitamin supplements

Kek, this desu

I've never had eggs or burgers or sandwiches or any of that stuff, never had a solid vegetable either.

Try new things you big baby. Eating tendies and moms spaghetti every time you go out will never get you out of the comfort zone?

Start only eating when you're actually hungry and when you are try experimenting with things you like and stuff you haven't tried before. Find a recipe to make it not shit.

why do you want to eat food you don't find tasty? kind of stupid as fuk

social pressure, mate

dude just eat candy 24/7, you'll feel fine lmao

no one finds all nutritious food bad tasting, that would be inhuman

Yeah go to a friend's house or a big family gathering and decide you don't want to eat what they cooked. Just go head and try that.

this may come as a surprise to you, but i dont have many "friends", as you call them

While I can appreciate the actual taste of just about anything, I can't stand "pod" foods, like peas, corn, beans, etc.; for whatever reason, the texture just triggers a nearly un-suppressible vomit response, despite otherwise liking the taste of each. I hate that I can't get over it, because I want to diversify the amount of vegetable-based protein in my diet without having to waste time preparing them in a way that will work for my body.

>How do I overcome my picky autism eating habits?

Regular beatings from your father.

My 15 year old nephew has become an annoying picky eater and I suspect it’s partly his parent’s fault for catering to him and partly the Internet for encouraging this faggish behavior.

Several months back, the boy, his dad and I stopped at a local restaurant for a bite to eat and the nephew ordered potato skins but when they arrived with chopped green onions on them, he literally almost broke down in tears and his dad was about to call the waitress and send them back, when I finally spoke up and called the kid a pussy, picked off the onions and told him to shut up and fucking eat it.

cute

Work hard and buy quality ingredients. From there on make your own eating habits. The price might help you overcome some of it. You'll eventually get used to it then try new recipes

I have asbergers and I used to live off of bananas, spaghetti-o's, rice, and cheerios.
I just forced myself to eat everything again and again. Now I can eat whole tomatoes. The only thing that still really causes me to sperg is hard boiled eggs and melted Kraft cheese.

you sound like a faggot

Recovering picky autist here. My advice? Shut up and eat. Just try something new, shut up, and eat. After the usual distrust of the new sensations, you'll get over it and grow accustomed.

It takes several attempts to go from hating a thing to liking it. It really does take several tries to acclimate. Sometimes you only ever just tolerate it, and some things you will hate forever.

I've spent the last few years picking things I'd like to try and trying them a few different ways. I started out super picky ~10 years ago. My first choice was easy, broccoli. I ate it with steak. Would only eat it with a bit of meat in each bite. Now, I really love it on its own, and cooked many ways.

Some things I still just hate. I hate chives. I hate raw onion. I still can't eat mushrooms without a bit of meat in the bite.

But now my lunches and dinners always include a good portion of vegetables, and I don't feel like it's a chore. I guess I should find a new thing to challenge my palate.

I'm a pretty picky eater, the only meat that I eat is Chicken and for about a year I would only eat breaded chicken. I was pressured into eating it when I was younger because someone I looked up to offered it and I hate refusing food because I'm picky. I was surprised because I liked it right away and usually I have to eat things a couple times before I can grow accustomed to it. So I guess my advice would be to just try whatever it is(Obviously). If it helps look at pictures of it that make whatever food it is look really good. I chose to try and eat eggs and for pretty much a week straight I would look online of people eating them and pictures that made them look good. Eventually I cooked some scrambled eggs. I didn't really like it at first and sometimes I felt disgusted but I could stomach it, which doesn't happen often, so I kept eating it and now I eat eggs for breakfast almost every day.

Sliding scale of awfulness/curiosity. I still have minor food autism, I'm not a huge fan of very rich meats, I don't particularly enjoy seafood unless it's freshly caught, but I'll go out of my way to grab something I wouldn't normally eat when I'm at a restaurant. At Christmas I cook three different birds and switch it up each year to something a bit more awkward to acquire or prepare like grouse or goose and make it a family thing that we all get to try it. In summer we grab a bunch of different exotic steaks and burgers like kangaroo and ostrich and zebra to throw on the bbq. Kangaroo's the best of the bunch, it's really good.

But on a more day to day basis, in a sort of challenge of what's the worst thing we can find and tolerate my brother and I buy shit like pic related. The pizza toast was bland but had an awful texture and we still haven't been drunk enough to feel like cracking open the Burger Toast. Or like those microwavable Kraft Mac pots, which are absolutely dogshit. Give yourself some context for what's really grim. If all else fails, just stop buying the same shit you usually do so you have no fucking excuse when you're hungry.

can I interest you in some cinnamon johnnies?