What goes well with rice, Veeky Forums?

What goes well with rice, Veeky Forums?

Thai curry

Asian girls

alzheimers (at least if you keep cooking it in that aluminum pot rice cooker)

Mayonnaise apparently. I know a guy who would mix mayonnaise with rice and eat it straight.

Butter and salt is all you need

Prawn and apple curry

A pinch of black pepper as it cooks does a lot for the fragrance of the rice imo.

spam and eggs

pls explain

bad metal makes your brain go byebye

rice

Fried chicken cutlet and gravy

Was it hijikata of the shensengumi?

No, I don't watch Chinese cartoons.

This. Spending a few years in Asia caused me to do a 180 on my opinion of spam. That stuff is delicious.

Tell me more.

stew

More Rice!

Almost everything.
user is a retard who read an article headline and thinks hes a docter.

Meaty, spicy gravy.

>Honey Boo Boo detected

Are rice cookers really worth it? Why not just cook it over the stove in a pot? Convenience?

-They're more energy efficient than a pot on the stove
-They free up a burner you can use for other things
-Idiot-proof operation; they automatically shut off when the rice is done, so that's one less thing you have to worry about when you're cooking a big or complicated meal.
-You can cook many other things in them than just rice
-The ones with the pressurized locking lid produce much better taste and texture than cooking rice in a normal open pot

Ah, thanks. Never seen one in my country, so I was a little oblivious.

furimake

This, if you want rice pretty often a good rice cooker is a sound investment. Most of them can be used to steam things pretty easily too.

One of my favorite things for a quick, easy, and healthy meal:

-Put rice and water in rice cooker like normal
-Get a smallish whole fish that will fit in the rice cooker, like a small trout, bluegill, pompano, etc. Remove gills and guts. Stuff the cavity with aromatics.
-Put fish on top of the rice in the cooker. Add seasoning if you want. Turn cooker on.

The fish will steam at the same time the rice cooks, and the juices from the fish will get down into the rice and flavor it at the same time. Super delicious and idiot-proof.

You can use things like ginger, garlic, and red chili if you want to go "asian flavor", lemon, onions, and thyme for a more "western" flavor. Or any other thing you might desire. I did it with curry powder once and that was delicious too.

For me, it's the McChicken.

tfw no zojirushi with stainless steel