on cooking board

> on cooking board
> thread about potato chips
> thread about tv dinners
> thread about "for me, it's the..."
> no actual cooking/baking/recipe thread.
> cooking board

Let's get a "I made this" thread going. Post your meals, snacks, breads, cookies, recipes, all of it. Anything you have made.

What do you want to share?

Are you the guy who deleted that thread about boiling red potatoes to mash?

what's wrong with your spinach, mate?

I generally don't take pictures of food I cook, but here's a pic of some disgusting shit I made.

I made this last night, no one liked it, i will try again tonight.

Looks delicious

Shit

What an exceptionally boring thread, with an exceptionally boring and faggodocious OP.

No one gives a shit about your cooking, idiot.

Edgy, what are you some kind of began?

>soggy sweet potato fries
how underwhelming

No image tonight. Sweet Potato and Mushroom Stew.

Chop leek and sweet potato into bite sized pieces.
Saute in a pot for around 10 minutes.
Add bite sized, chopped mushrooms.
Saute for another 5 minutes.
Add tomato paste and stir, cook for another 5 minutes.
Pour in stock of choice and let it go to town for 30 minutes; until thick; until potato just begins to fall apart; whichever comes first.
Seasoned with Thyme, Rosemary and Marjoram.
Added in 2 finely diced serrano for spice.
Added in some frozen pea/carrot mix.
Added 1/2 Lemon worth of juice.
Salt to taste.

Oh, and mined purple garlic. I always forget to post at least one ingredient.

they are baked, nothin wrong w/ baked sweet potato fries man. Do you dislike baked potatoes?

>Do you dislike baked potatoes?
no, I dislike soggy sweet potato fries

No pic but today I made a barley soup with carrots, celery, and spare meat bits (a chicken wing and two small beef bones with tiny bits of meat attached). This is just one of those things I put together so I don't have to go out and make another shopping trip and/or to use up leftovers.

Anyway, what made it interesting is that I put some saurkraut in it, which I usually never do with soups. It was pretty good.

I fucking love Cioppino (I already ate the shrimp before I saw this thread).

so you dislike baked potatoes and baked sweet potatoes as well, it's the same thing just in a different shape.

You can call them fries, but they aren't fries. They are soft slices of sweet potato.

Sounds like standard Veeky Forums

I cooked pic related last weekend
>fresh rainbow trout
>mashed taters
>veggies

I made some biryani

Oldie but a goodie.

is that steak and country gravy

Looks good but needs a side.

looks vegan and delish good job sempai

How is it that u tried so hard and it looks so shit

my grammy used to make these when i was a wee lad their so soft and moist brings back memories until my shit parents would pick me up!!

It's Food & Cooking lad.
It's also 4Chins do the unwritten prefix to the board title is "Shitposting about.."

how does that look shit? It looks really good.

This looks really delicious. I didn't take a picture but after my exams to celebrate the end of the term I made a similar meal. I made a full wild salmon fillet (my favourite fish) with lemon/dill, had mashed potatoes as well, sauteed mushrooms and green beans. I need to buy some trout next though. It's great.

Thanks! Yeah, I've got a neighbor who goes fishing a lot in the mountains near here, and keeps giving me trout (not that I'm complaining).

This is one of those meals where i feel full afterward, but not weighed down or gross like with something like fast food.

Yeah I feel like that after eating fish in general. To be honest I've become pescatarian.

The scallion paper and spinach, for starters

what is scallion paper?

I've started cooking up batch two of this; gonna be good lads

you know, the skin.

I don't take pictures of stuff I've cooked now that it is more of a lifestyle I've adopted. Ive been cooking all my meals for a solid 8 months now. Something I cooked recently that I found simple and delicious is broccoli beef. From what I remember, i bought a cheap shank steak. Sharpened my knife up real nice. Sliced real thin slices. Marinated it for 3 hours with soy sauce and some other shit I don't remember. Threw some sesame oil in a pan and cooked it in 5 minutes. The last two minutes I added the presteamed yet briefly refrigerated broccoli. Its the most delicious thing I've made that took the least amount of effort and best value. Made maybe 4 big servings for under $10.

round two lads

I'd (politely) remove the pickle and tomato and devour that plate. Looks great!

oh wait i wasnt zoomed in enough i thought i saw pickle

ye there is no pickle, pickles don't belong on burgers, unless they are house made with flavors that go along w/ the burgers.

but if you are putting dill or bread and butter pickles on a burger you are just not over the age of 12 yet.

>pickles don't belong on burgers

Illiteracy;the post.

correct

Underneath that egg is some fried rice. It was fucking delicious. Guess the broccoli coulda needed some work but atleast I got some veggies into my system.

don't stop puttin those veggies in. you need meat and vegeta to live a decent life. switch it up w/ some cauliflower next time or some baby kale; or combine all three.

ur gonna start feeling really fuckin good after about a week of eating all of these along w/ your meat and eggs / whole grain rice or bread.

100% guarentee. also stay hydrated; sip on that water all day.

yeah I sound gay but i'm right, and I'm also a bit gay. so wtv r

Subhumans don't belong on the internet.
PICKLE
IT
UP

Yeah, I love 'em. Those ones are grapefruit-bourban flavored, they came out really nice. I ate a bunch of them hot out of the oven with earl grey tea, they melt in the mouth.
How would you make them look pretty? I think the powdered sugar looks kind of lazy.

you can't just use generic plastic ziplocks for this, you are giving yourself cancer in 12 years

Since nobody upvoted me in my own thread, I might as well post my omelette here.

you can, i did and do. its the same thing as vacuum seal bags, you just have to be careful at high temps for long cooks cause the side seams may give out. but i did a garlic confit at 190 for four hours and it came out fine

yeah so did all of the cancer causing particles.

why are you drinking old stool? disgusting

Some Japanese junk food I made. Chicken katsu and omurice

I never got into the habit of taking pics of what I cook.
Best place to learn how to plate/present a dish?

Different user but, what cancer causing particles? Ziplock is bpa free.

that's before you start dipping it into burning hot liquid.

To go order, unfortunately..
Ling cod on leek risotto with salmoriglio.

Odds it gets to the client in that condition?

100%. Whatever they do with it in transit is their problem.

That risotto looks way too dry nice sear on the fish tho.
This looks really good tho

Thank you on both.

I definitely taste everything before it leaves my kitchen. The risotto was spot on.

It's actually Chinese broccoli.

It's like broccoli and spinach made, sweet, sweet love.

>That risotto looks way too dry
Looks perfect to me. I absolutely hate with risotto is too soupy.

Finally got an oven after 5 years living without one. What should I bake?

what's this called again?

Italian pancake

>The Luther
I imagine you're past heart attack number 4 at this point

No worries man, you don't have to like it, I sure did though. That's what counts to me. I like the scallion skins.

Also, it's Chinese broccoli, not spinach.

I'd devour that np

that looks really good, do you make it with the mayonnaise sauce also?

>you need meat and vegeta to live a decent life
thanks doc

got my vegeta right here

I made quesadillas the other day. Someone remind me in about 8 hours so I can take pics for you when I get home

What kinda meat is that ? And the white thing under the chinese broccoli ?

Seems so tempting, it made me hungry

It's southern style ribs and mashed potatoes, with Chinese broccoli. Was delicious.

I think it looks pretty, just like that, senpai

those look amazingly chewy, can i get a recipe?

>asian
>all i make is rice
And since I'd be too hungry I just plop everything on the plate and chow down

Basic casserole, minced meat, veggies, potatoes and cheddar cheese.

Steak and pepper sauce made it myself but it didn't turn out that great.

Gonna make me one of these tonight. This is a simple meal I make at least once a week.

>Boil a lot of rice and put it in a bowl
>Cut up some sausages and cook them in a pan
>Cut up some cheese (I use cheddar, but other cheeses would probably work) into little cubes
>Stir in both the cheese and sausage
>Add a lot of red pepper flakes
>Sprinkle a little more cheese on top

Don't have any pictures of stuff from today or anything because I'm just eating leftover lentil soup, but I'll post a few of the dishes I've posted here before.

>purple carrot soup with galangal, shaved chilies, black sesame, and young coconut

Sauteed some shallots down, added the water from the young coconut, the carrots, and a fair whack of grated galangal, simmered until tender, pureed, pressed through a chinois, seasoned, and finished with the meat of the young coconut, black sesame seeds, and shaved chili.

>carrot salad: coffee roasted carrots, coffee smoked carrots, house ricotta-meyer lemon mousse, whey poached carrots, hazelnuts, pickled golden raisins, shaved carrots, cold-pressed canola oil

chips and tv dinners are food
it doesnt say good food only
or food faggot op likes only
you can talk about whatevewr you like thats food OR cooking
even herbs
like sage

>vin jaune steamed halibut, 'beurre jaune', smoked sunchoke puree, shaved and pickled fennel salad, fennel fronds, brown butter and house made barley bread croutons

Beurre blanc made with vin jaune is pretty GOAT it turns out.

>Pan roast duck breast, pressed confit duck leg croquettes, rhubarb duck jus gras, smoked rhubarb, duck stock braised golden turnips, pickled snap peas, pea tendrils, watermelon radish

Not super happy with how the presentation of this dish went, with a few tweaks it could've looked way nicer, but the flavors were really good. For the croquettes I confited the duck legs down (cured for 14 hours, submerged in duck fat with herbs at 200F for 14 hours), shredded the meat, mixed back in a bit of the flavored duck fat, and pressed between two sheet pans to form a solid sheet, which I cut into cubes, dredged lightly, and fried.

>ballotine of quail stuffed with hazelnut-mushroom duxelles, roasted radish, fiddlehead fern, roasted muscat grape, cured grape, pickled hazelnuts, hazelnut shell smoked quail jus

Deboning quails like that was an interesting butchery challenge.

>beeswax poached German butter potatoes, potatoes in the style of cannele de bordeaux, potato chips, whipped duck yolk with mead vinegar, grilled ramps, bee pollen, sunflower shoots

For the cannele potatoes I took some of the poached potatoes and, rather than just slicing them, left them whole and gave them a hard sear in a 50/50 mix of clarified butter and beeswax, the same mixture used to give the crust to cannele de bordeaux pastries.

>ember roasted Opal apple, spiced toasted oat cream, caramelized streusel

>tea-brined, dry-braised, tea-smoked pacific octopus, valencia orange and black garlic octopus 'jus', favas, braised cippolini, pepper leaf, micro wasabi leaf, fresh green peppercorns off the vine

>roasted forono beets, pickled golden beets, boiled and shaved raw candy stripe beets, blackcurrant glazed blackcurrants, aged goat cheese, malted licorice vinaigrette, flowering watercress

>bone marrow 'pate', braised morels, pickled green plum, watercress, and house whey levain toast