Corned Beef, give me your recipes

So I normally just cook it in a pot with water, onion, cloves, bay leaves, brown sugar and some vinegar. I was going to try beer braised in the oven but my oven just fucking broke. Will probably just try it in a pot with beer instead. So give me recipes you guys use some I can try mixing it up

would you like some meat with your salt and insulin pen?

Corned been is the worst shit ever, reubens are disgusting as they are 890% salt.

fuck off vegan

Is it boiled in the us?

corned beef "recipies" are just desperately trying to boil the salt and nitrates out

why did you buy this thing

I dunno i'm from Australia
because I like it

if you like the taste just cut it up and eat it, it's already cooked and you get the full corned beef taste

retard

You can't argue facts lad

Needs a small handful of peppercorns, mane.

'Corned beef hash' AKA 'Scouse Lobby' is a traditional UK dish. I never made it myself but I think you slow cook the beef with pancetta, malty beer and stock vegetables and serve on a massive hash brown. It's tasty.

i tried to make it without nitrates and the colour was disappointing
i'll do it again but i'm using saltpeter next time i don't even care.
i used a crisper drawer to store it

did it still taste good even though it would of looked brown

it was more gray
it did taste good but it would've tasted better red. the human brain is weird like that

Dont listen to these amerifats who have no idea what corned beef is here. Cook it as you suggested and serve it with black pepper, white sauce and Cabbage.

These seppos don't know fuck all about this particular Australian favourite

yeah that's what i'm going to do but I just wanted suggestions on spices and shit to add to the cooking liquid since I want to try using beer instead of water

I've never done it with beer, but try adding chopped celery to the water and use a pressure cooker if you've got one. It makes it much quicker. Also serving with boiled (peeled) Spuds is nice

don't have a pressure cooker at the moment, used to use it but the seals got fucked

>Tries to incorrectly argue that salt is bad.
>You can't argue facts, hah!

Have you ever had good old corned beef and cabbage? For ezmode just buy some corned beef from somewhere like costco. Put it in a pot or slow cooker with water, add the small spice packet the comes with it. After a few hours add in thick carrot slices and quarter or eighth cut potatoes. Wait a bit and then add in the cabbage. When the potatoes and cabbage are cooked enough for you, drain everything and eat. Goes great with rye bread or soda bread.

yeah I have but ours don't come with spice packets. I want to try cooking it different to I normally do just because I like trying new ways of making stuff

I see. I can't remember what's usually in the spice packets off the top of my head, and it's been years since I've bought corned beef that didn't have one. All I can remember is peppercorns. Always had peppercorns.

Looks like salt beef to me. Corned beef is pic related.

I normally buy a pickling spice packet which has peppercorns, mustard seeds, juniper berries and bay leaf

We buy it cured but uncooked here in Australia.

I don't eat meat that comes from a tin

Ours don't come with spice packets because we are smart enough to use our imagination. You can't fuck up corned beef. Google it.

That and it's already cured in lots of spices.

oh you can, i've seen some dumb cunt put it in the oven like roast beef and then wonder why it was really salty

lol

yeah I never said anything because I wanted to see what would happen when he tried to eat it