Post your favorite elementary school meals

Post your favorite elementary school meals.

Other urls found in this thread:

education.findlaw.com/student-rights/school-lunch-laws.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I always loved cheeseburgers at school
Always at least one person who got the lunch but didn't like the burger and wanted to throw it away, zero in on that person and be the first to ask them for the burger

Then relationship is established, I'm now the one to get first dibs on their burger every day

Other times I'd sneak a burger into my pocket and take an exra one while waiting in line

You make me proud to be an American user

Specifically in elementary school? The Teriyaki dippers. Pic related. Cheap meat with a sweet teriyaki sauce. Served with rice and veggies.

Salisbury steak day. As a Freshman a senior walked in front of me, cutting the line. Said for letting him cut, he'd teach me the "secret" to salisbury steak day. Put a Salisbury steak where potatoes go, cover with mashed potatoes. Then grab another. Get charged for only 1. I used that technique rest of highschool. Passed my knowledge on to freshman I line cut as a senior.

This story sounds straight out a coming of age feel good high school flick

Pizza maybe. It was all pretty bad.

My school had these greasy soft tacos that was just meat and the tortilla. Those were the best meal of the week.

That is fucking horrifying. Even the rice barely looks edible. At least you got the chocolate milk.

we had Chartwells at my elementary school up in PA
my favorites were just
>ordinary hamburger (had nothing on it)
but I'd put the cheddar Sun Chips in the middle to make it taste good
and it was like 60% of what I'd eat
>sloppy joe
which tasted oddly sweet for some reason

there might have been others I liked, but I can't remember 'em
the pizza sucked until I was in middleschool, when we got sort of """gourmet""" style pizzas that weren't total shit and had like veggies and meats on 'em

Fuck you Jamie Oliveoil

The bean burrito. Everyone seemed to hate them except me. I frequently got other people's burritos. One day, as an event of some kind, I got everyone's burritos at one of those long tables. Probably 10 people. I got halfway through before I got in trouble. Not sure why I got in trouble.

i liked the pizza.

Frito pie with wolf brand chili

I don't really remember elementary school, but something that pisses me off to this day (and I HOPE has since changed) about my high school:

>go to high school in flyover TN
>students are not allowed to bring their own lunch
>meaning, you either buy from the school or you don't eat
>if you are caught bringing food into the school it gets thrown away and you get a write-up

how is that legal

Different user but children with food allergies. We weren't even able to bring Halloween candy to school because some bitch had a peanut allergy. This was early 2000's.

In elementary school the only good thing ever served was the pizza pockets. At least in middle school we got cheese dogs, nachos with jalapeno cheese, taco in a bag and soft shell tacos. The high school I went to must have forgone it's teaching for it's lunch. Domino's pizza every friday, bacon cheesebugers almost every day, fries every day, made to order salads. I don't know what else they had because the burgers and fries were pretty much all people ate. Some people ordered from the local pizza place everyday too. I'm glad they finally tore that shithole down.

This was the best I could find on it but it doesn't list any schools that outright ban bringing lunches. Ours did but this was over ten years ago. Seems like something that parents would eventually fight to have changed.
education.findlaw.com/student-rights/school-lunch-laws.html

This

Any kid that thermoust a soup.

>pizza at every meal

But user, they were serving you vegetables according to our current incarnation of congress.

the round pizzas that had four pepperonis on them, and those cheese bread stick things

also we had these weird french toast sticks in elementary school, but they were filled with fucking apple pie instead of bread

shit was cash

I used to like these, but the thought of eating them today makes me gag.

Strictly elementary school? We used to have this chicken in a thin gravy poured over instant potatoes. Been twenty years and I still remember that shit fondly. I'm sure it wasn't as good as I remember. The soy-filler burgers were also great.

My district actually had pretty good food. We had a cheese tortellini in high school that was fucking delicious, and a pretty mean breaded pork tenderloin sandwich too. Heard it went to shit when Obama got in office, but luckily I graduated before that.

I know they were just shitty, frozen burgers with even shittier, smashed buns but I fucking loved eating burgers from high school. At the end of lunch, the lunch ladies would put out trays of leftovers. Burgers stacked high. I used to grab 2, snack on them through the day and drama rehearsal.

Fuck yeah! Cafeteria burgers were fucking awesome!

Maxsticks muh nigga.
Except when you're near the end of the line and they are already semi-cold.

when i was in elementary school my parents got called in for conferences regarding me begging all the kids for food and eating out of the trash cans in between the tables. the school was (probably?) well meaning, but it just wound up with me being beaten for hours until my stepfather forgot about it.

the only decent thing they served.

Grilled cheese and tomato soup in school was the best

>tfw we didn't have cafeteria.

The Jr. High I went to had this yellow rice stuff whenever it was mexican theme day. Shit was awesome, and they always made so much of it. Then when I get to the High School the rice they made was just plain ass rice with canned tomatoes poured it. Was absolutely horrible.

Man fuck that fucking "peanut allergy" bullshit. Just don't fucking let your kids have peanuts. Jeez, don't fuck it over for everyone else. Shit happened in 2nd grade and parents went ballistic because pb & j was a damn staple. Everyone was like "Then don't give the kid peanuts" and guess what? No one did. Case closed, we got our peanut butter back.

Best lunch at my school was the General Tsos. It was almost an event, they opened up the al a carte line and just served more of the hot lunch in it. I also loved chicken nugget day. We used to make the Chic fi la special sauce with bbq and honey mustard. Good shit

The spicy chicken sandwich was always available and a nice fallback when they weren't serving orange chicken or chicken fried steak with potatoes o'brien.

These god damned glorious Yeast Rolls. I don't know what the fuck the lunch ladies put in these things but they were the food of the Gods.

Oh i fucking loved this shitty square pizza. If there was an actual brand I'd eat it to this day

I miss those round pizzas. It's the only thing that I would go back and eat willingly, even though I know it's all crap.

You can get these in the frozen section of your grocery store. It's frozen dough in roll shape. Follow the package directions and let them rise. When they're hot out of the oven paint them with a layer of melted butter. Wa la

I used to carve these out inside and put my mashed potatoes in them as filling and eat it like a mashed potato sandwich.
That shit was great.

This used to be one of the best options at my school until they swapped the patties for these fake grilled patties that were dry and over spiced. Became on of the worst options immediately.

Just do something to get put in prison and you'll get your fill. The same pirates that supply the prisons supply the schools. Surprise, pizza is declared a vegetable in 2017.

what does Pepperoni Flavored mean?

i remember liking the hotdogs with cheese & bacon they would have every so often

This, I'd alway steal extra when we had these by stacking them on top of eachother, no one would notice because they were so flat.

Where are you from that you could do this? Where I grew up you were given your tray by a lunch lady and didn't have a chance to steal anything

Southern California. They'd give us a cardboard tray and you'd get in a line in between these rails, grab the food from these big containers and put it on the tray yourself then pay at the end of the line.
We'd also just stuff shit in our pockets, but eventually they started putting security guards in the room to make sure people didn't steal anything.

>what does Pepperoni Flavored mean?

Isn't it obvious? It contains artificial flavoring meant to taste like pepperoni, but it doesn't contain any actual pepperoni.

once in a while we would get prepackaged branded Weinerschnitzel chili cheese dogs. my brother used to run a ring where he would collect them from idiots who werent interested and trade them for favors.

Holy shit that triggered me hard. I fucking hated these.

i cant believe i actually liked this fucking prison tier food.

what's even worse is that trying to recreate it with better ingredients and spices doesnt even come close to satisfying.

Delete this

I unironically loved these and I want some now. My other favorite was the bean and cheese burrito

Friday used to be the tits because we didnt know anybetter than square plastic cheese I guess you could call it pizza

On a side note, why was school chocolate milk always so terrible? Shit tasted like liquefied chalk, but normal chocolate milk tastes fine

Cheese Zombie

Chicken Patties
From elementary until I put on my high school cap and gown, this was my go to meal
>When it comes in spicy flavor and its slightly crunchy
Marvelous

i'm almost scared to see what elementary school food is like today.

at least in my time i could just buy an ice cream cookie or several bags of chips if the hot stuff was shit.

The sub-Totino's tier pizza was the best.

In high school I didn't eat school lunch once. Always just got something from the cafeteria store where they brought in personal pizzas from Pizza Hut, chips and shit, or the Subway cart, or went out for lunch.

So it's settled, a calzone is a sandwich.

>So it's settled, a calzone is a sandwich.

let's not be too hasty user.

the name comes from the same people claiming this trash is "food."

These were great. They also had this ham and cheese sandwich but they changed something in the recipe and it never tasted the same.

Are you me?

Fuckkkkk I remember these, nostalgia hit me bad.

Always loved those shitty microwaved cheeseburgers or the broiled ones. Something about that plastic cheese and grey almost green meat with shitty ketchup and mustard was fucking good.

Also meant meant for this post to have photo

>his mommy didn't pack him a lunch every single day for the entirety of his education
lmfao.

Kids started bullying me for having a packed lunch around 5th grade or so, so I started eating school lunch at that point even though my mom was perfectly willing to make me a lunch.

The beef stew or this
It ready made me look forward to the holidays for shitty over processed turkey and gravy with mashed potatoes

>he wasn't so creepy and reclusive that kids never bothered to acknowledge him, even if they were bullying him
Imagine being this guy. Enjoy your prison food while I eat my bagel with cream cheese, pringles, and ho-hos. LMAO

PB&J, and in high school, poptarts. High school had open air ketchup buckets and ladels, disgusting shit

bless trump for making school lunch great again. fuck michelle obama

These were so damn good