When did indian food get so expensive?

When did indian food get so expensive?
Over 18 bucks for a bowl of curry and a beer.
Is this just denver?
Indian food used to be cheap as chips

Denver is expensive my dear mountainfag.

you're in Denver you retard, it's tourist central

Denver is California transplanted to the foothills of the Rockies, faggot. Get used to paying 3X the price of anywhere else for food and 10X the price for housing, lmao. Not only that, but the Rockies are the suckiest range in the US.

I live in the bay area and am surrounded by indian places, most under $10 for a bowl of curry

Right on, man. At least you're not Boulder.

Should be 6 bucks

Atleast its not as bad as denver

Damn right. I got offered a job there years ago and at first I thought the salary was crazy high. I started doing some research and once I found out about the cost of living there it suddenly seemed like a much worse offer.

curry is dirt cheap here in [spoiler] Britain [/spoiler]

And it's so much more than that, it's the new-age liberal hippies that reside in Boulder who make it so unbearable but it is like living in San Fran where the cost of living is astronomical.

Go to an Indian restaurant for actual Indians. You can get a vegetable Thali here (London) for around £7. It includes rice, bread, maybe 6 curries and a sweet. Fuck just having a bowl of rice with 1 curry.

Most Indian takeaways are a hustle, they sell you oversized portions of curry for inflated prices.

I was thinking about looking for work in Denver. How bad is it?
I live in SF now so im assuming it will be cheaper even if still expensive.

Indian food is criminally expensive in the USA, but it looks like you made it worse by A: living in denver, and B: Eating some hipster ass "indian" food. Whatever is on your plate is far from anything you'd get in India, and even regular old indian restaurants in the US.

>missing the secret entrace to the real underground indian restaurant in the loo

The indians would never find a place in a loo since they never go

denver is the source of all numales

Not really, lots of blue collar guys here that are more outdoorsy chads than anything.

If you are outdoorsy its heaven.
Cheaper than where you are but so is 99 percent of the rest of the country.
Once housing is covered its not that bad.
Be careful where you buy beer though, they still sell piss water in grocery stores because of blue laws .

Compared to what other range you flat lander fucktard?

Little India on 6th for lunch is cheap as fuck.
There another one on Colorado and 7th that is also cheap.

Indian food has never been cheap in this town you transplant fuck. Move back to Chicago or whatever mid western shit hole you came from.

>he lives in the town he grew up in and thinks that's a good thing

Not all of us grew up in the state's designated shitting town.

Whatever state you grew up in , you need to move out of at 18.
Flyovers dont get this.

That's retarded. You're retarded. Sorry you're life sucks.

Go to the suburbs
Just keep riding broadway south until you find the poo in loo mecca, theres really some great shit here, you just need to find it

>Over 18 bucks for a bowl of curry and a beer.
Depending on the portions of the curry that doesn't sound very expensive. Indian curry is about 13/entree if not higher. $5 beer and theres your $18. Alcohol is always expensive at restaurants so why would you buy it with something like curry for lunch anyway.

india

>Indian curry is about 13/entree
That is too high for curry.
Currys is peasant food made by immigrants no reason it should not be available for much cheaper.
13 would be for a very upscale loo

T-the A-Appalachian

the ozarks fag

>waah food is expensive in Denver
>in Denver
Yes, hi, welcome to "being alive": where food aint cheap in big tourist-trap cities

The Cascades and Pacific Coastal ranges both btfo the Rockies.

Indian is the new hip food. It, like taco trucks, are exploding in popularity and indian joints are cranking up the price because they can.

You muss be joking user.

>denver-colorado
>picture of salt lake city

Fucking this, kek.

Second little india. I live a few blocks from there. The dudes all hang out at that tavern over on 6th and Clarkson after work too. Nice guys.

Also grab any Westword or Local Living magazine and they have coupons for Little India. Learn to get around, scrub.

Fucking desert, barren mountains infiltrated by all the hipster /out/ pretenders who want a day hike with all the amenities contrasted with the lush, pristine Cascades where you can literally drink from the mountain springs and hike for days without seeing some faggot looking for a public restroom to change his tampon.

what a nice looking city no matter what city that is

The rockies are far less populated you idiot.
Much is verdant. Much is high desert.
Most is visually stunning.
You are a fool.

Indian food is disgusting.

Isn't that the new spot on Colfax and Elizabeth across from East? That explains the cost.

I did. Then moved back. 10 years in Memphis/Nashville sucked.

Ah yes the mountain ranges of meth and poverty. Would you like some more Mt. Dew while rollin' coal?

Filled with Portland and Seattle hipsters and "/out/" pretenders. Don't have to deal with West Coast liberals so you can hunt/fish/shoot/off road to your hearts content. Significantly better springs (hot or otherwise), and geologically more interesting.

The only issue with Little India is that they seem to be closed or at least not deliver random Mondays.

This guy is correct. Most big curry portions aren't worth having with rice anyway. Dal makhani, butter chicken, korma, jhalfrezi, palak paneer are all far better with naan or roti. Even then I'd prefer a north Indian Thali which would have small portions of most of these along with pickle and raita and probably a dry veg dish.

That said, even better is to go with friends and order multiple a la carte dishes that you can split.

It being "peasant food" doesn't have anything to do with the cost of preparing food. It uses a lot of fresh ingredients, sometimes exotic meat (goat), ghee etc. This all costs more money than any peasant food. Also, you've probably never had Indian peasant food, the closest you get in a restaurant is baingan bharta. The immigrant thing probably makes labor costs t a bit lower but not enough for Indian food to be cheap compared to American fast food or cheap Waffle House or diner food.

the ingredients are cheap as fuck
chicken thighs and cheap ass curry

>hike for days without seeing some faggot looking for a public restroom to change his tampon.

> desert, barren mountains infiltrated by all the hipster /out/ pretenders
You seem to have a really funny perception of what it's like out in the rockies.

then make it yourself faggot

18 sounds reasonable, curry and a beer in rural MN is about 20

though I tend to get the local place's "dinner for two" by going with a friend/gf which is slightly cheaper

Arvada poppin in to say fuck denver traffic

What is the curry sitch in arvada?

There's a small place in olde town arvada where you can get a bowl of curry for 7 bucks.

Probably because white people sudden took interest in it. Same thing happened with ox tails and chicken wings.