/wine/

Let's talk wine.

Me? I like a nice riesling.

It makes my poo all dark

SOMALIAN SOMMELIERS

Good choice. for me, it's cava
sorry to hear that friend, maybe try something lighter next time?

Red wine will do that.

>SOMMELIERIANS

Good rose seems to be the hardest to find. Tends to be stuff from the South of France that doesn't taste like sugary crap.

In blind taste tests, people could not tell the difference between a white wine with red dye and an actual red wine. There is no taste difference in a wine that costs $5 and a wine aged 30 years costing $400, just more pulp bullshit to deal with. A ton of high end restaurants will re-fill expensive bottles with cheap wine.

I really don't get you pretentious wine drinkers. At least with whiskey you can tell if it's aged and high quality. All that said, I still enjoy my Giant Eagle brand $4 merlot on occasion.

This. If I ever have wine it's because I'm cooking with it, which I do quite often. There's a decent Chianti at the local bottle shop. Love it in Italian dishes. Maybe Chardonnay. Cabernet sauvignon in creamy/buttery sauces.

>could not tell the difference between a white wine with red dye and an actual red wine
What? Red and white wines are totally different in terms of taste.

I like my wine at the end with my ruhbard pie & vanilla ice cream.

Followed by gulps of milk.

Thanks for killing my esophagus. VODKA IS KING

There was a huge study into it. Before you even put it in your mouth, your eyes will have already decided how it will taste. Hence why food presentation is such a big deal in fancy restaurants.

post the study faggot

God I wish I was in Minnesomalia

I drank a bottle of wine last night, I still haven't done a poop this morning but I know the black wine poop will come soon.
Just keep drinking coffee and hopefully poop before I head off to work.

that's patently untrue

you can argue that's it's an exponentially decreasing difference the more expensive you get (ie the jump in quality from $4 to $10 and $40 to $100 is actually equal, maybe even less).

but to say NO difference is crazy. a jug o' Livingston tastes noticeably different from a 'real' bottle of wine, even to a layman.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know what wine Frank buys in Scarface?

Ok for a ((( only beer drinker ))), what kind of Wine should I, start out with or try?

hmmm. Are you a light beer drinker? If so I'd give a white a try. play around with different varieties until you find something you like. Maybe a sparkling would be good?
If you like your beer strong I think trying a red wine would make sense.
Rose if you want to go down the middle. I'm by no means a wine expert though

That's super vague, cunt. In the broadest, non-definitive strokes, lager=white and ale=red. Just try to pair your wine with your food, just like I hope you pair your beer.
Also, Californians ruined Chardonnays like they ruined IPAs and dark roast coffee.

Usually drink %5.5 , was thinking of switching. Thread caught me by a GOOD surprise.
Thnx in advance, Have never drank wine before.
>No bully
Wine has a higher alcohol content...?
also have Gift card....

After the first glass I can't tell the difference so I don't spend much.

Yes wine typically has a higher alcohol content. I've seen them go from 8 - 15%

I'm 23 now, so I think I'm just about an adult now. I'm still a student, but I work a lot and I'm completely self reliant. A lot of my friends are done with their studies and have started working, and some didn't study and have worked since they were 18/19. I've started noticing that all of them have started drinking wine, and they actually claim to enjoy it. I just don't get it. It tastes absolutely horrendous. I get accused of being that "fake macho man" because I only ever drink beer and dark/brown spirits, except for gin. I swear it has nothing to do with that, I just think whisky, cognac and rum tastes great, while wine tastes awfull. It's just sickening. Makes me nauseus and sick. Can someone recomend me some wine that doesn't actually taste like wine?

>wine that doesn't actually taste like wine
just dont even bother with it

It took me a while to enjoy it and i only tried because i was dragged on multiple trips to Napa.
I still primarily drink beer and whiskey though. If you dont like i theres not much reason to try but i guess try sampling different styles.
Try to avoid the $3 a bottle stuff if youre looking for good tasting wine. Expensive wines are extremely overpriced but the difference between $3 and $15 can be very noticeable

Okay, I won't bother with it. Finding something that tastes good that is. I think I'll just drape my tongue in stearin in order to avoid the taste. God is wine fucking disgusting.

7chans \vineyard\ has the best wine discussion

7ch is too slow

I know this feel. I've been trying to find a good rosé here but every one I tried at the grocery store I go to has been shit. Apparently Aldi has a really good one though, I am gonna try that out sometime.

>not having a good wine selection
>the only good roses are from provence
>the only good roses are dry roses
>having to go to Aldi to buy wine
I feel sorry for flyovers

Dry rosès or cabernets are my favorites. Sweet wines make me feel nauseous.

That's because rose, like moscato, is the alcoholic equivalent of candy and wineries are aware of that.

what you don't seem to get is that rose is just a color, the RS has got nothing to do with the skin time
>he's never had a gran reserva rosado
this absolute pleb