Best

Give me ONE good reason why well-done steak is bad.

You don't trust your butcher.

pleb

Cooks off too much fat getting rid of what gives the meat flavor

Chefs will actually give you a worse cut of meat if you order well done steak. Why give a nice cut of meat if it's being burned to hell and back anyway? There's a reason people who order well done smother it in ketchup/A1 sauce.

>chef wasting your $30 because you don't want to risk food poisoning for muh flavor
The only way to enjoy a good well done steak nowadays is too cook it yourself or hold a chefs family hostage

Would you rather have a virgin girl or a girl that has had 7 penises in her

I eat rare steaks at restaurants all the time and have never gotten sick

It tastes bad

being a girls first is such a fucking pain

they get all attached and they dont know how to fuck

>I didn't immediately vomit so everything is ok
Prions can remain dormant for years before activating within their host.

I'll take my chances, better than being a little bitch

>In late 2012 a male Texas resident began showing symptoms of depression and anxiety, followed by delusions, hallucinations, and other changes in behavior. Over the next 18 months the patient’s condition deteriorated, leading to inability to ambulate or speak, and after several episodes of aspiration pneumonia and sepsis the patient died. During the illness prion disease was suspected, but tests for this condition were negative. After death, examination of brain biopsies revealed typical prion plaques, and misfolded prion proteins were found in urine, confirming the diagnosis of variant Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease.

>He resided in the US for 14 years before developing symptoms, an incubation period consistent with models of the vCJD epidemic.

I hope those of you who eat their steak rare have been suffering bouts of depression or anxiety.

because rare and medium rare steak taste better

Cause the people that want well done don't know how to vocalize how they just don't like any pink, but wannabe chefs just think that means black and burnt to shit. So then you continue this stupid argument and meme about it, meanwhile there are few chefs, far and in between that can actually do it right

realistically? it isnt. preferences are preferences, and unless youre legitimately afraid of some neet from a cooking forum hunting you down and forcibly shoving a fresh cow carcass down your throat the worst thing thats gonna happen is the chef laughs as spits on your "$30 meal". you do you and enjoy eating your tasteless shoeleather.

Eating your steak well done won't protect you from infected meat.

Because Drumpf likes his steak well done and I can't stand anything he likes. IMPEACH DRUMPF! #notmypresident #resist #refugeeswelcome

Because the purpose of a steak is to enjoy it "under"cooked. It's intentionally served that way.

Factually incorrect. Well done literally means burnt to shit. If your steak doesnt have any pink it's not a steak, it's a cohesive hamburger.

b/c theres no way kisame eats it like that

how is this related to food

It takes away the flavor and texture.

>If your steak doesnt have any pink it's not a steak, it's a cohesive hamburger.

I can imagine some fuckin nerd actually saying this shit in normal conversation. It's exactly the type of shit they would say. A cohesive hamburger? Really?

Fat isn't flavor.

Yes it is.

I prefer well-done steak, but I can see why some people don't like it and like medium-rare.

Well-done steak is technically drier, there's no getting around that, the extra cooking time results in more moisture loss. But, I prefer the texture of the meat when it's well-done. It just has these individual strands of meat that break apart when chewed compared to a medium-rare steak that's more like a gelatinous blob.

I think a problem is the "well-done IS burned!" meme. There will be a huge difference between a steak that is just cooked to 160F for well done and one that's cooked to 175F, but people will claim they're both the same thing.

Braised meats are better anyway. I'll take short ribs, pot roasts, etc. over a steak any day.

It seems like the sort of shit Neil DeGrassi High would say, shortly before being ejected from a BBQ.

it works for certain cuts. well done skirt steak with some nice char is better than lots of perfectly medium rare cuts

There's only one reason. Steak cuts are more expensive and generally leaner. Leaner cuts with less fat and connective tissue do not come out as tender or flavorful when cooked for longer periods of time, hence most people do not do so. For less expensive cuts with more fat and connective tissue, lower temperatures and longer cooking times is ideal, as it will give the most tender and flavorful results.

tl;dr, if you're considering ordering an expensive well done steak, don't. Order the brisket, ribs, pot roast, braised shanks, etc. Your wallet and your taste buds will thank you.

>fat is flavor
When will this meme die?

When you admit you have no taste buds.

Or alternatively, the fat is flavor meme was born from the same source as the gourmet memes. There is no better way to sell trash fish/cuts than to tell people that they are actually luxury fish/cuts.

I have an empirical experiment for you to conduct. Eat a slice of bread. Then eat a slice of bread with butter.

One tastes good, the other tastes like shit because butter tastes bad.

step 3: compare results with other people.
step 4:

Dries it out, makes it chewy, waste of money if it's a good cut.

The actual harmful bacteria on steak is only on the surface. So you only have to burn it off by searing the outside. That's why you don't get sick from eating blue-rare.

>butter tastes bad

Well done steak is a disgrace. I don't care about Trump, but his steak eating habits needs tuning.

parasites exist.

Prions are not bacteria. They are essential damaged proteins that replicate akin to a virus but not the same

I think, as a virgin, that would be nice.

>muh prions
sorry britshits, we have good beef here.try not feeding your cows their own species in the feed maybe.

The toughness, the lack of juicy flavor that you would get if you did your steak rare-medium rare, and the crust on it usually tends to be burnt or non existent by those who cook well done steaks, because it's a inferior state.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law

Liking well done beef is fine but you probably get better results using ground meat than a steak.

because well-done is shit and you are a faggot.
There, got you TWO reasons.

It's a waste of a premium ingredient when a cheaper cut will suffice.

It's like using gemstones to make concrete or a piece of fine walnut wood to make matchsticks.