Be french

>be french.
>get used that a pain au chocolat costs 0.9€ (~$1.06).
>it's cheap so you eat one almost every morning.
>get to 'murica.
>three times more expensive.

How much costs french food in your country, user ? Convert in dollar.

Why would you buy a used pain au chocolat?

I live in the US. The prices on those depend on where you get them.

My local supermarket bakery makes them every morning. They charge $1 each. If there are any left at around 3 PM they lower the price to 50 cents. The hipster coffee shop down the road charges $3.50 each.

Too much if the quality isnt terrible.

Literally all we need to do is normalize those steam ovens you guys use and the price for quality french baked goods will sink like a fucking rock. I dont know why us amerilards can figure out virtually every cuisine except proper french baking.

do french people really eat like this?

Not all of us but yes. In a french city, everywhere you can find some tiny stores called "boulangerie", where the boulanger (cakemaker) starts his job at 4:00am, makes a bunch of different cakes and breads. Then he opens his store at 7:00am and you can buy what you want.

>pic related : each red dot is a boulangerie in Nantes, less than 500 yards between tow of them.

Any bakery has those kinds of ovens.

We're not missing the techology, we're missing the tradition and the standards.

It's typical French breakfast alongside croissants, yes.

Then why dont they flipping do it already gosh darn it i want my reel french baggits with the good crust and the soft inside

i remember being in primary school and one of the richest kids in school saw me eating one of these. offered me a $5 dollar note which was a lot at the time, especially to a young lad like me. but i recognised the value in the pain au chocolat and realised there was nothing i could buy for $5 from the school canteen that was anywhere near as good

>tfw you will never walk down the streets of a small French town eating a bag full of croissants for less than 5 euros
Goddamn I miss it when a good croissant is $2.50+ here.

>eating shit for breakfast like a god damned child

french are subhumans

what the fuck? so french people just eat donuts all day? hope the rest of your diet isn't like that

>breakfast is all day food
american....

Pain au chocolat and croissants are waaay less sugary than donuts though. Croissants especially are somewhat healthy. Especially if you buy them in proper boulangeries

in america we eat eggs and meat, not half a pound of chocolate baked into buttery dough

what do frogs eat for lunch and dinner?

Most of our simple recipes are based on potatoes, cheese, eggs, bread, various vegetables, and chicken or pork.

We eat more salad in summer because it's hot as fuck. And a shit load of meat garbage with fat sauces and alcohol in winter.

Also, we like smoking cigarettes and drinking wine. It's good for health, that's why we don't get fat.

I don't know about France in general, but I was just in Paris, and stuff was more expensive than that. Food in general was stupidly priced, in fact, except just from the grocery store.

>go to a small specialty shop for specialty goods
>surprised at the high price

They are not at all somewhat healthy. But there are definitely worse things you could have for breakfast

You forgot one more important thing; Europeans actually do exercise instead of roll around on motorized scooters.

Paris is litteraly a giant tourist trap.

Probably because you are a tourist in a tourist city, every single one is like that. You have to know the places to avoid the tourist trap restaurants and get the good, moderately priced cuisine.

It's not some hard to grasp concept like string theory.

>>be french
Stopped reading

Well OP didn't specify where he's from, and Paris is part of France, so unless he had specified [ignore Paris] it's a valid exception to the topic at hand.

And some touristy cities are not so retardedly priced.

How the fuck do they cost 0.9€, they cost 0.7€ around here.
If you are cheap you can also buy 6 for 1€ but they are prepacked.

Pain au chocolat costs me about $2.50 from Paris Baguette. That's like 2 euro and change

It isn't French. It is American. It is only French if it is made in France. Like these fine American breads.

do americans really store bread on shelves for weeks?

what the hell is white bread?

T'es de Nantes ? Je vais emménager le mois prochain dans la ville, t'as des bonnes adresses pour manger ?

Nan, je ne suis pas de Nantes. J'avais donné une ville au pif pour l'exemple.

Ahmed, I just want to say that I am extremely jealous of your boulangerie. Hot, fresh, and very cheap (how?) bread in the morning is truly patrician. I am more than willing to put up with the street shitters in Paris to get more of that in my life.

>do americans really store bread on shelves for weeks?
Many of us do. I don't buy that shit.

>what the hell is white bread?
The American name for a Pullman loaf.

I live in Paris, Pain au chocolat is 1.10€ here

>weeks
Almost every loaf brought in in the morning will be gone by night if the stock manager is worth half a shit.

And then that loaf sits at the customer's home for weeks while they slowly eat off of it.

Never seen a loaf of bread last more than 3 days once it's come home.
Maybe you should buy the short loafs instead of the family sized ones.

I bake my own bread currently, I don't eat that shit in a plastic bag.

I was reporting based on my experience with friends and roommates over the years.

I

No space before the interrogation and exclamation marks in English.
How putain de hard is it?

>what do frogs eat for lunch and dinner?
>frogs
Frogs.
And baguette.

They don't even know about it.
It's the same thing for bread. Good bread used to be common in the US, until the bakeries switched to the new method to make cheap fast white bread.

Italy here.
At the bar or bakery, the Italian style ones (yeast-risen, brioche dough) are 0,9€ per or less.
French-style ones (steam-risen puff pastry) are 1,5€. idk what that is in Ameribux.

Italians, Swiss, Austrians, Belgians and southern Germans, too. Also Croatians. It's called 'continental breakfast' by Brits for a reason. That reason being that lots of us on the continent eat this for breakfast.

thats a chocolatine not a pain au chocolat

there's a creole bistro near me that has fair prices for french cuisine.

escargot w/ white wine & garlic butter sauce = $5
crawdad etouffe = $10
pain au chocolat = $2
kahlua mousse = $4
creme brullee = $5
shrimp gumbo = $6
gator jumbalaya = $6

really good place. my family's from lousiana, and they do it right.

I would call them healthy considering how much butter there is in proper puff pastry

You pretentious frog cunt, boulangerie is just a bakery espece de connard stop trying to impress murricans with your dogshit filled streets

my favorite french food is kebab sur la autobus with a side of cultural enrichment (halal)

Someone didn't watch where he walked...

Because all food is the same. Anyone suggesting someone knows better than the way we do it now is obviously unpatriotic and hates America and freedom

You can blame
>American education

wow now I'm jealous of
>American cuisine